You´re not gonna believe this...

Author  Message 
ghost
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: dozens

You´re not gonna believe this...
PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I´ve been wondering, what the heck happened in the morning.

I woke up at about 10:00. Then I started to have short dreams. When I woke up from one, I decided to try WILD. I relaxed and saw things like my eyes would have been open. Then I entered the dream when I could feel my body. I woke up over and over again, and each time the LD was more fragile. At one point something very strange happened:

With the upper part of my sight i could see the real world, but in lower part I still saw my dream! How is this possible? Has someghing like this happened to you?

Rappybas
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Thats pretty sary xD
The only thing between RL and LD was once when I thought I was teleporting,
but it failed and I saw my bedroom shifting into the LD and I woke up :D

It's like a transition :D

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

I have had similar experiences with half open eyes in sleep paralysis. It was a little disturbing the first time it happened, i was around 10. Now i know that half sleep never lasts forever, and that it is normal to see strange things when we sleep very lightly.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Kaeon

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Strange, but kind of cool. Try to keep your LD more stable. (Spinning, etc.)

Stricken
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Dozens.

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I had an experience very, very much like this. Half of the world was a dream, the other half was my room early in the morning. I'm fairly sure they are actually both dreams but the fact that you're half awake makes your mind unable to decide whether you should be in the dream world or reality, so it tries to make both.

Funny thing is, right before I woke up the image of being in my room entirely took over and I ran around cleaning up things that were being thrown in the other dreamscape, but somehow managed to make it to the dream version of my room.
It felt really weird upon waking up.

Synneth Relmn
Needs Dream Censors
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Not enough

I've had something like that happen a few times. Sometimes I can be far enough out of the dream to open my eyes, but still far enough in for the dream to stay. When that happens, it's almost like I have two distinct fields of vision. My brain can only pick one or the other to watch, though, and if I pay attention to my regular vision too long, the dream will slip away. Usually I just shut my eyes and go back to dreaming though.

Wyrmfell
For Now, I Am
Astral Explorer
LD count: >100

I had a similar experience a few months ago.

I awoke from a dream and could see the real world, but I could still feel myself standing up in the dream world. When I tried to move, I felt my dream body move but my real body ramained stationary.

I think it was a really deep-level version of SP.

kalyan
rebooting the matrix
Lucid Initiate
Scribes
LD count: 500

you did not actually see things in real life. if you just open your eyes completely you will realise that you had a false awakening

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

Why so sure about what somebody else have seen? siiw I have seen the real bedroom through half open eyes several times, while waking up. It has been half sleep, but not a false awakening. What Stricken describes is more a typical false awakening. Sometimes, dream images can carry on a few seconds even after we open the eyes and wake up, this is called hypnopompic hallucinations.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

Seeing through your eyelids, eh? Sounds familiar, I ran through the topic while researching OBEs. Robert Bruce mentioned it in his book Astral Dynamics. A run through the glossary brought me to these points:

Quote:
Real Time Zone: The closest nonphysical dimensional area to the physical universe. A buffer zone separating the physical universe from the astral dimension proper. The real time zone is neither in the astral dimension, nor in the physical dimension. It is a nonphysical dimensional environment that contains a direct reflection of reality, as reality happens, i.e., in a real time frame. Also see: Real Time Projection, Real Time Body.

Quote:
Real Time Sight: Similar to Astral Sight, but where the projector sees into the real time zone around them. Also related to clairvoyance, this ability is often experienced during the prelude to an OBE, or during a projection attempt where no exit is achieved. This is often mistaken for normal optical sight, but where the projector is seeing through their closed eyelids and bed covers. Also see: Astral Sight

ghost wrote:
With the upper part of my sight i could see the real world, but in lower part I still saw my dream! How is this possible? Has someghing like this happened to you?

...but that was a neat twist you experienced there! I've yet to experience real time sight myself, although I thought it was happening to me during a confusing SP/dream/OBE prelude that I have written in my DJ a while back.

print