MILD (Tutorial) - Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream

[center]Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dreams[/center]
[center]Written by: R3M0T
Finetuned by: kTFox
[/center]

MILD stands for Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dreams or Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams. It was developed by Stephen LaBerge of the Lucidity Institute. It involves repeating a mantra over and over in your head to make it come true. It is used to improve dream recall or to induce lucid dreams. This is often considered a technique which quickly shows results and is generally more reliable than WILD. It is also simple and easy to understand. Remember, though, that everybody’s different and you might need to work a bit harder at it. Also, it is a bit boring as it involves repeating the same thing over and over.

Before you fall asleep, you can practice MILD and then when you wake up during the night with an alarm clock, you can try another technique such as FILD or WILD. Also, many people have reported MILD to be more reliable when using another technique with it.

You can start now by making up a mantra. It should be quite simple; no more than perhaps 15 words. An example could be “I will wake up after I dream and remember what I dream”, or “When I dream, I will become lucid”. You might also want to find a mantra made by somebody else, but some people think making your own is better

LaBerge recommends doing MILD soon after waking up from a dream. However, you can also use the technique before you go to sleep if you don’t wake up from dreams much. Lie down comfortably and relax. (If you fall asleep at this point, try a less comfortable position next time!). You might want to relax and clear your mind at this point. One way is to focus on the “third eye” spot which is between your eyes and a little bit up. Now start repeating your mantra in your mind. Concentrate on the meaning of it and visualize it being successful, such as rushing to write in your dream diary or beginning to fly in a lucid dream. Be sure to really believe that the technique will work.

(You might want to visualize something wackier, such as a cartoon-style dream bubble. Whatever works for you! You might even not want to visualize at all)

If you have an unrelated thought, ignore it and just keep going with the mantra and visualization. For help with this, you might want to look at meditation techniques and how to “push” thoughts out of your mind.

Keep going until you fall asleep or you think your intention is set into your mind. It’s best to have the mantra the last thing you think about before you fall asleep.

After all that, you’re asleep and beyond this guide. Good luck lucid dreaming!

Link:
First Steps to MILD
MILD FAQ

2 Likes