EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Eye contact

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
Posts: 3575
Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2011
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!
 
Eye contact
PostPosted: Thu 11 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Soon as you're lucid, find the first person you see and make direct eye-contact,
don't break it, keep it as long as it will go,

see what happens.

Will share one of my experiences in a bit, am going to try again tonight.


back to top
ninja08hippie
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
ninja08hippie has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Posts: 98
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Last Visit: 21 Mar 2013
LD count: 300ish
Location: Chasing rabbits
 
PostPosted: Thu 11 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

That's an interesting idea. I have a feeling that the DC will look away confused

back to top
Murder She Wrote
New member
New member
28
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 13 Sep 2008
Location: Gullah Gullah Island! (:
 
Ohhh!
PostPosted: Fri 12 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

i bet the DC will make me melt into a puddle of butter and chocolate chips.

So random.


Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


back to top
expandable
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
27
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 16 Sep 2008
LD count: 4
Location: TN
 
PostPosted: Sat 13 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

It would be so cool if you became that person, even just for a moment, so you could see yourself through another person's perspective.

back to top
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
PostPosted: Sat 13 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

You probably would see the DC's expression turn from friendly smile to neutral neutral to annoyed confused to angered grrr to completely-crazed-with-anger angry , after which you should see a fist closing in on you, then you should feel some pain and fall to the ground, while lounging on the ground, enjoying you're moment of pain, you should hear the DC say something along the lines of:"That should teach you to stare at people like that!" as well as feel something wet and gooey landing on you're face.
What you should be like when reading the above:grin1 ; gni ; lolrood ; lach1 ; lach2
Hehahaha siiw


back to top
UneNoid
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
Posts: 33
Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Last Visit: 30 Oct 2013
LD count: > 200
 
PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

I tryed and it was nothing special. May be the eye-contact was not long enough or the person was not good... Only one notable thing was that the eyes were more stable than most of the other small details in dreams.

back to top
Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover
28
Posts: 2008
Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Last Visit: 05 Dec 2010
Location: Too far from the Ocean.
 
PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Whenever i interact with ANY dream character, I get a feeling like my soul is about to die. I feel like i'm going to vomit and i usually wake up.

Weird eh?



Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
back to top
LorDrrr
NiGHTS fanboy
Astral Explorer
LorDrrr has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Posts: 387
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 02 Aug 2011
LD count: 50+
Location: Twin Seeds
 
PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

working class hero wrote:
Whenever i interact with ANY dream character, I get a feeling like my soul is about to die. I feel like i'm going to vomit and i usually wake up.

Weird eh?


I sort of get this feeling. Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

In my next LD I will care for them more and see what happens ^^


back to top
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
PostPosted: Thu 18 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

LorDrrr wrote:
working class hero wrote:
Whenever i interact with ANY dream character, I get a feeling like my soul is about to die. I feel like i'm going to vomit and i usually wake up.

Weird eh?


I sort of get this feeling. Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

In my next LD I will care for them more and see what happens ^^

Why would you have to take care of DC-s? Can't they take care of themselves? whatsthat

20.09.2008:
LorDrrr wrote:
Not care in that sense, care as in talk to them, take more interest in them, etc.
Oooh.. Okay then




Last edited by Aks on Fri 19 Sep, 2008; edited 1 time in total
back to top
LorDrrr
NiGHTS fanboy
Astral Explorer
LorDrrr has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Posts: 387
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 02 Aug 2011
LD count: 50+
Location: Twin Seeds
 
PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Aks wrote:
LorDrrr wrote:
working class hero wrote:
Whenever i interact with ANY dream character, I get a feeling like my soul is about to die. I feel like i'm going to vomit and i usually wake up.

Weird eh?


I sort of get this feeling. Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

In my next LD I will care for them more and see what happens ^^

Why would you have to take care of DC-s? Can't they take care of themselves? whatsthat


Not care in that sense, care as in talk to them, take more interest in them, etc.

In last nights LD I did just that, but that DC was an embodiment of one of my best friends RL and all I really did was brag and show off my "superpowers".


back to top
Ltp0wer
Master of Lurking
Novice dreamer
28
Posts: 26
Joined: 21 May 2006
Last Visit: 01 Mar 2010
LD count: ~15
Location: Chandler, Arizona, USA
 
PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

LorDrrr wrote:
Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

In my next LD I will care for them more and see what happens ^^

I am exactly the same.

My DCs are jerks to me. They have right to be though. When I first started communicating with them, I screamed, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY DREAM?!" Then I demanded that all the girl DCs kiss me since it was my dream, and that I should be treated like a God. When they refused, I punched the hell out of them. Then, I started talking to more DCs a couple LDs later, and they were scared of me. They would run when they saw me. Which pissed me off and I would try to kill 'em.

Everytime I get done torturing my DCs in my dreams, I wake up and say, "Next LD, I am going to be nice to those little guys." And then when the next LD comes, I go insane and start killing them again.

My next lucid dream, I am going to try either disguising myself, or perhaps just apollogizing and offering them gifts.
Any advice on how to calm my DCs and show them that I am not a threat?


back to top
LorDrrr
NiGHTS fanboy
Astral Explorer
LorDrrr has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Posts: 387
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 02 Aug 2011
LD count: 50+
Location: Twin Seeds
 
PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Ltp0wer wrote:
LorDrrr wrote:
Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

In my next LD I will care for them more and see what happens ^^

I am exactly the same.

My DCs are jerks to me. They have right to be though. When I first started communicating with them, I screamed, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY DREAM?!" Then I demanded that all the girl DCs kiss me since it was my dream, and that I should be treated like a God. When they refused, I punched the hell out of them. Then, I started talking to more DCs a couple LDs later, and they were scared of me. They would run when they saw me. Which pissed me off and I would try to kill 'em.

Everytime I get done torturing my DCs in my dreams, I wake up and say, "Next LD, I am going to be nice to those little guys." And then when the next LD comes, I go insane and start killing them again.

My next lucid dream, I am going to try either disguising myself, or perhaps just apollogizing and offering them gifts.
Any advice on how to calm my DCs and show them that I am not a threat?


I'm really wondering the same. And you're lucky that your DC's run away like little girly men- mine actually try to hurt me. Or are just plain nasty to me. Maybe because they all know what's on my mind (SEX!) and it disgusts them.


back to top
NightOwl413
Alien soda jerk
Lucid Initiate
29
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Last Visit: 15 Apr 2015
LD count: forklifts
Location: Noo Jirzy
 
PostPosted: Sat 27 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

This is interesting... I can recall a dream I once had in which I was walking through a mall clothing departement & met three girls who were trick-or-treating in the coat section. They told me I was in a dream & if I wanted to see proof, all I had to do was stare at something. So I tried staring intensely at a costume rack -- my vision actually "beeped" loudly, distorted & bent heavily, and then went all brown in color! It was like there was a computer monitor's degausser inside my head. Same bizarre visual effects & everything. I didn't ty to stare at anything else for the rest of the dream. wow

back to top
Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
26
Posts: 414
Joined: 26 May 2008
Last Visit: 18 Aug 2010
LD count: 10
Location: Not decided yet.
 
PostPosted: Wed 01 Oct, 2008  Reply with quote

If some DC's are annoying you, all you have to do is to imagine they're heads blow up. Unless they are some kind of zombies it should work.. at least I think so I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet sadblauw .

Ltp0wer wrote:
My next lucid dream, I am going to try either disguising myself, or perhaps just apollogizing and offering them gifts.
Any advice on how to calm my DCs and show them that I am not a threat?

Paralyze them so you could get an opportunity to explain yourself to them and give each one of them a cool power, or a world of they're own where they could be "god" grin . That, of course, if they forgive you, if they don't, you might want to erase they're memory a little or kill them ^^.


back to top
UltimaDreama
Somniologist
Somniologist
UltimaDreama has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Posts: 164
Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Last Visit: 08 Aug 2012
LD count: About 20
 
PostPosted: Wed 01 Oct, 2008  Reply with quote

In my dreams, DCs are just like normal people IRL. They don't see me as anything special. But then again I havent had many full lucid dreams, they are usually snippets.

back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~