EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Eye contact

Author  Message 
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

Eye contact
PostPosted: Thu 11 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Soon as you're lucid, find the first person you see and make direct eye-contact,
don't break it, keep it as long as it will go,

see what happens.

Will share one of my experiences in a bit, am going to try again tonight.

ninja08hippie
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
ninja08hippie has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 300ish

PostPosted: Thu 11 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

That's an interesting idea. I have a feeling that the DC will look away confused

Murder She Wrote

Ohhh!
PostPosted: Fri 12 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

i bet the DC will make me melt into a puddle of butter and chocolate chips.

So random.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

expandable
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Sat 13 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

It would be so cool if you became that person, even just for a moment, so you could see yourself through another person's perspective.

Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Sat 13 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

You probably would see the DC's expression turn from friendly smile to neutral neutral to annoyed confused to angered grrr to completely-crazed-with-anger angry , after which you should see a fist closing in on you, then you should feel some pain and fall to the ground, while lounging on the ground, enjoying you're moment of pain, you should hear the DC say something along the lines of:"That should teach you to stare at people like that!" as well as feel something wet and gooey landing on you're face.
What you should be like when reading the above:grin1 ; gni ; lolrood ; lach1 ; lach2
Hehahaha siiw

UneNoid
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: > 200

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

I tryed and it was nothing special. May be the eye-contact was not long enough or the person was not good... Only one notable thing was that the eyes were more stable than most of the other small details in dreams.

Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Whenever i interact with ANY dream character, I get a feeling like my soul is about to die. I feel like i'm going to vomit and i usually wake up.

Weird eh?

Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
LorDrrr
NiGHTS fanboy
Astral Explorer
LorDrrr has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 50+

PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

working class hero wrote:
Whenever i interact with ANY dream character, I get a feeling like my soul is about to die. I feel like i'm going to vomit and i usually wake up.

Weird eh?

I sort of get this feeling. Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

In my next LD I will care for them more and see what happens ^^

Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 18 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

LorDrrr wrote:

Weird eh?

I sort of get this feeling. Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

Why would you have to take care of DC-s? Can't they take care of themselves? whatsthat

20.09.2008:
LorDrrr wrote:
Not care in that sense, care as in talk to them, take more interest in them, etc.
Oooh.. Okay then

Last edited by Aks on Fri 19 Sep, 2008; edited 1 time in total
LorDrrr
NiGHTS fanboy
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Aks wrote:
LorDrrr wrote:

Weird eh?

Why would you have to take care of DC-s? Can't they take care of themselves? whatsthat

Not care in that sense, care as in talk to them, take more interest in them, etc.

In last nights LD I did just that, but that DC was an embodiment of one of my best friends RL and all I really did was brag and show off my "superpowers".

Ltp0wer
Master of Lurking
Novice dreamer
LD count: ~15

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

LorDrrr wrote:
Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

I am exactly the same.

My DCs are jerks to me. They have right to be though. When I first started communicating with them, I screamed, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY DREAM?!" Then I demanded that all the girl DCs kiss me since it was my dream, and that I should be treated like a God. When they refused, I punched the hell out of them. Then, I started talking to more DCs a couple LDs later, and they were scared of me. They would run when they saw me. Which pissed me off and I would try to kill 'em.

Everytime I get done torturing my DCs in my dreams, I wake up and say, "Next LD, I am going to be nice to those little guys." And then when the next LD comes, I go insane and start killing them again.

My next lucid dream, I am going to try either disguising myself, or perhaps just apollogizing and offering them gifts.
Any advice on how to calm my DCs and show them that I am not a threat?

LorDrrr
NiGHTS fanboy
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Ltp0wer wrote:
LorDrrr wrote:
Whenever I interact with them they treat me like I'm the BIGGEST ***. Maybe because I have been using my LD's to achieve personal gain instead of caring for them.

I am exactly the same.

My DCs are jerks to me. They have right to be though. When I first started communicating with them, I screamed, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY DREAM?!" Then I demanded that all the girl DCs kiss me since it was my dream, and that I should be treated like a God. When they refused, I punched the hell out of them. Then, I started talking to more DCs a couple LDs later, and they were scared of me. They would run when they saw me. Which pissed me off and I would try to kill 'em.

Everytime I get done torturing my DCs in my dreams, I wake up and say, "Next LD, I am going to be nice to those little guys." And then when the next LD comes, I go insane and start killing them again.

My next lucid dream, I am going to try either disguising myself, or perhaps just apollogizing and offering them gifts.

I'm really wondering the same. And you're lucky that your DC's run away like little girly men- mine actually try to hurt me. Or are just plain nasty to me. Maybe because they all know what's on my mind (SEX!) and it disgusts them.

NightOwl413
Alien soda jerk
Lucid Initiate
LD count: forklifts

PostPosted: Sat 27 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

This is interesting... I can recall a dream I once had in which I was walking through a mall clothing departement & met three girls who were trick-or-treating in the coat section. They told me I was in a dream & if I wanted to see proof, all I had to do was stare at something. So I tried staring intensely at a costume rack -- my vision actually "beeped" loudly, distorted & bent heavily, and then went all brown in color! It was like there was a computer monitor's degausser inside my head. Same bizarre visual effects & everything. I didn't ty to stare at anything else for the rest of the dream. wow

Aks
Half decent
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 01 Oct, 2008  Reply with quote

If some DC's are annoying you, all you have to do is to imagine they're heads blow up. Unless they are some kind of zombies it should work.. at least I think so I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet sadblauw .

Ltp0wer wrote:

Paralyze them so you could get an opportunity to explain yourself to them and give each one of them a cool power, or a world of they're own where they could be "god" grin . That, of course, if they forgive you, if they don't, you might want to erase they're memory a little or kill them ^^.

UltimaDreama
Somniologist
Somniologist
UltimaDreama has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: About 20

PostPosted: Wed 01 Oct, 2008  Reply with quote

In my dreams, DCs are just like normal people IRL. They don't see me as anything special. But then again I havent had many full lucid dreams, they are usually snippets.

print