Lucidity Challenge 15

Previous challenges (made them to links now :smile: )

LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM Tundra - winner: ebil shrimp
LC XI -TM Ebil shrimp - winner: Tundra
LC XII - TM HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC XIII - TM Blue&White - winner: relV
LC XIV - TM relV - winner: GHOSTIE11

Rules; (copied from LC 1)
There will be lucid points, and task points. Let me explain lucid points first.
Lucid points are simply given based on how lucid a player gets during the night. The possible amounts of general points that can be earned are as follows:

You have a normal dream without ever considering you are dreaming = 0 points
You consider you may be dreaming at least once in the dream, but don’t get lucid = 10 points
You realize you are dreaming, but wake up in under approximately 10 seconds of your realization = 20 points
You realize you are dreaming and have a lucid dream that lasts over approximately 10 seconds = 30 points

Now, here is the fun part. Each day of the round, the Task maker comes up with a task for the players to complete in their dreams. Now, each task has several different amounts of points that can be earned, depending on the task and how well the player completed it. For example:
Task: Fly to Tahiti in your dream tonight.
Succeed in flying, but don’t get to Tahiti = 20 points
Get to Tahiti, but not by flying = 30 points
Fly, and see Tahiti ahead of you but never actually reach it = 35 points
Make it to Tahiti by flying = 40 points

The points from completing the task and your lucid points will be added up to make your full score. Also, when you post your dream, also post the score you think you got, to make it easier for the task maker. If you complete the task without becoming lucid, unlikely as that may be, you will still get your task points.

You can also score points by completing tasks that were assigned on previous days, so long as they were assigned during the current round, however, there will be an additional 10 points for completing a task the night it was assigned… And yes, you can complete more than one task in one night, and if you do so, you will be rewarded the total of the scores of each of those, minus ten points. If the task assigned that night is included with the others, you will not get your ten point bonus, but will still have ten points subtracted.

This is added to the rules, the challenge is for everyone who wants to increase the ability to LD and explore them in a different way, this is not made to win. Everyone are welcome to join until the host closes the signup and the challenge starts.

I will make some changes in the rules for this challenge only. The points are the same, but there will be additional bonus points for the task that lasts until next task :tongue: The tasks will come in type A, B, C and D like challenge 14. For example if task A is up ALL bonus points of task A can be earned. The challenge lasts for 14 days from the day task one is posted, 2 days after task 2 (type B). On day 8 type A returns, which grants bonus on both type A tasks :smile:

So welcome to LD Challenge Femton (15) I declare it as begun :smile:

The current titel is a temporary one until the signup is closed.

We will start when there are 10 people :smile:

People in so far:

1.maniakbill

2.unknownuser_333

3.EmbraceTheMartian

1. video_gamer

2. sirch

3. Magnus

4. Siiw

5. TheDogSays

The signup is closed, however non-contestants are welcome to read :cool:

I wanna join! sounds like fun, never done a lucidity challenge before

Ok, youre in, 9 left :tongue:

i’d like to join as well! this sounds like a blast.

Welcome into the team, 8 to go :smile:

I would like to participate.

me too. ill see if it gets me out of the dryspell. sounds like fun either way

btw how are we going to get around the time zone differences?

you’ll have 48 hours for each task(if you want the bonus points), so no problem with that :wink:
If you don’t need the bonus points, you have until the LC ends to complete all tasks

Welcome videogamer to the challenge, magnus, shall I count you in? Or do you want LD’s before that :razz:

oh that’s alright then. i’m glad i’m still on holidays, otherwise it would be a lot harder

sign me up too

1.maniakbill

2.unknownuser_333

3.EmbraceTheMartian

1. video_gamer

2. sirch

(6. Magnus)

We have 5 (4) left, Im not sure if Magnus wants to join, just tell me and Ill fix it :smile:

why not, I can join :smile:

Then well start when 4 more have joined :smile:

i would like to try again :cool:

This will be my first lucidity challenge. I’d love to try =]

Siiw and thedaogsays, youre in. Just 2 more to go :smile:

1.maniakbill

2.unknownuser_333

3.EmbraceTheMartian

1. video_gamer

2. sirch

3. Magnus

4. Siiw

5. THeDogSays

hooray!

I´ll joy in,

Just 1 more :yay:

Remeber, the signup doesnt close until task is posted, the task comes the evening same day as a 10th players signs up :smile: