Rainbow Connection

Hallucinating At Will

Author  Message 
Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

Hallucinating At Will
PostPosted: Tue 13 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

So, my brothers girlfriend sent me a link just earlier about hallucinating at will using various methods.

I especially like the binocular one (but i haven't tried it...yet.): http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/graphics/0111 09_hacking_your_brain/

Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover

That's not hallucinating, that's more like HI.

Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.

Last edited by Scarecrow on Tue 13 Jan, 2009; edited 1 time in total
relV
Light
Dream Deity
LD count: yummy

thanks a lot ^^

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I've tried the ping pong one, but I didn't use the radio. didn't get any results though.

I'll see if I can remember to do the sun one wink

Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover

If anyone tries and has something cool happen, be sure to post results!

Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

Alright, so i tried the binocular one, and it kind of works. Reduces pain a little bit, but nothing really special. And yes, I intentionally hurt myself to test it out

Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
LD4all addict
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d

Ping pong one sounds the most fun.

And the rubber hand one.

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Lucid rad
Renegade
Novice dreamer
LD count: ???

I can hallucinate if I let my eyes remain open during meditation. I've studied Zen Buddhism and through my experimentation with the zazen (seated) meditation, I have noticed a strange phenomenon. If my eyes remain open, but not 'seeing', that is if I don't focus on anything but just let the gaze rest somewhere on the floor ahead of me; I start to see things. Usually the lights are very soft and dim and my carpet sort of starts moving, kind of liquid like at first until a layer resembling champagne (tiny bubbles rise in columns from the floor) hovers an inch or two above. Eventually it will begin flowing across the floor, through me in a random direction, often changing directions and speeds. This can last as long as I remain in a meditative state.

Upon further exploration, I discovered that with the utmost concentration I could turn my gaze to the wall and see the light on it flickering. That sort of glow on the wall was static-y like a tv.

Kza
Pope
Somniologist
LD count: Last one4-16

I've thought of this before.

I've been working at hypnosis. That's going to be the final product of it all.

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

I want to try this, it seems fun to do this.

When I get results Ill post them here smile

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

I wonder if the ping pong ball would help with LD, and DR. If you did it before bed. Ther rubber hand one sounded entersting. The ping pong ball sounds like senceory depervation. Thank god, I dont have to buy a tank now.

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

Lucid rad wrote:
I can hallucinate if I let my eyes remain open during meditation. I've studied Zen Buddhism and through my experimentation with the zazen (seated) meditation, I have noticed a strange phenomenon. If my eyes remain open, but not 'seeing', that is if I don't focus on anything but just let the gaze rest somewhere on the floor ahead of me; I start to see things. Usually the lights are very soft and dim and my carpet sort of starts moving, kind of liquid like at first until a layer resembling champagne (tiny bubbles rise in columns from the floor) hovers an inch or two above.

I know what you're talking about. Though I wouldn't classify this as a hallucination per se, it's more of a mixture of your vision area shortcircuiting with the hypnagogia from the trance. Which, by the way, indicates you lost your focus on the meditation! lachtraan Zazen is about sitting, not seeing or experiencing or anything that takes thought and expectations, you're supposed to sit to the point of just sitting. Hallucinating is a sign you need to discipline your mind further into being quiet.

Which reminds me of something. When I was trying to figure out WILD I found out that, by getting myself in a similar state (through a breathing relaxation and some focusing exercise, like a mantra), I could get a lot of tactile hallucinations, from a feeling of soft cold traces being drawn on my skin to the feeling of weightlessness, or some rather complex ones, like swinging as if I were on a hammock or a boat etc. Really cool stuff, and then if I got into a dreamlike state from there, it would almost always be seriously trippy and very realistic.

About hypnosis, there are a couple of casual «you can do this to your friends» tricks around on the internet, none of which, of course, involve pocket watches or mind control. Check those out, I never really gave them a try, but it might be fun to test around.

Kza
Pope
Somniologist
LD count: Last one4-16

PostPosted: Fri 16 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

Did it last night. Saw nurses. Would try again.

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

A friend of mine has a fling with a nurse. He's a med student, though. grin Ahem, anyhow. Hey, that's cool, would you mind going in detail? I mean, about the technique, not the nurses. That you can keep to yourself. Yeah. But really, the technique! After reading a bit about hypnosis this morning, I found out it's very similar (at least in spirit) with half the stuff I call meditation (to be sure: zazen not included). But there's no good guide online, just some woo pages written by hypnokiddies, and offers to buy hypnosis CDs. So, I guess, any information you could share will be very appreciated.

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I tried the sun and shaking hand one (ok, not the sun, just a bright light). Didn't work... I'll see if I can try to use the sun, incase that makes a difference...

Kza wrote:
Did it last night. Saw nurses. Would try again.

eek2 What exactly did you do? eh

print