Better than LD

I think some things are better when we dont know that we are dreaming.Things like jumping over buildings, or winning the lottery, or sex, or fighting or anything that you get an adrenaline type feeling. When we know we are dreaming for those things doesn’t it take away from the thrill by knowing that we cant get hurt? As I was thinking about this, I also thought, "hmm, maybe if I knew I was dreaming, I could put myself in a certain position ( one of the adrenaline things i mentioned before) and then tell myself to forget that im dreaming.

So basically, if you’re going to tl;dr me, the point is, can you tell yourself in a dream to forget that you are dreaming, and to go into a certain dream.

Actually, It is better to remain lucid, becuase, Sensations are much more vivid in LD! Just tell yourslf that it will be the funnest, most euphoric thing that has happened so far in your life, and it will feel that way!

I want to have an epic fight scene, like The Matrix, or have one of those all out kung-fu fights.

I see what you’re saying Hotrootsoup. Regular dreams can be pretty exhilerating and intense but for me no dream state can top lucidity.

I TOTALLY want to have a lightsaber battle with an evil dc lol- i want to whip it out and have moves like yoda rofl…let me go add that to my to do list lol.

I understand what you mean.You mean, that it’s not exciting to fight in LDs, because we know we can’t die, so it’s not fun.I get that.But my view is totally opposite.I like being invincible(well not really invincible, but rather very powerful).In my next LD, I’m gonna destroy earth :wink:

If it’s an adrenalin rush you’re after, I bet you could just call for one in an LD.

In my case it depends on how lucid I am, if I have a very high lucidity level fighting indeed isn’t that excited anymore because you know you will be winning. But if I have a normal lucidity level things can get pretty excited and doing Matrix moves, is so cool! I just like trying out new powerful things! Destroying earth is also on my to do list! I want to make it explode like the Big Bang in reverse and see what was there before it all happened :tongue:

If you want to get thrilled, attain high lucidity and ‘ask’ for a worthy oponent. First dream i really felt pain in…

Moved a post that said about what somebody wanted to do in an LD, to The BIG Favourite thing to do in a LD, part VI topic. This topic is aimed at discussing if certain actions are better when you are ignorant of the fact you are lucid, and influencing/entering dreams like that, not posting what you want to do. :dragon:

Fact is, the only constant difference between NDs and LDs is the fact that you are aware, both of the fact that you are dreaming and of your surroundings/feelings/senses etc. so, if you want to experience pain (by battling a foe, ie) you can do it and it will feel many times more realistic than the ND one, plus it’s on command. If you want to experience adrenaline rushes, or anyting else, just put yourself in a situation that requires one, and you will feel it even better than the real thing, because you have to keep focused on what’s happening in order to keep the dream stable. This is also true IWL: i feel much better doing something while conscious of what is happening around me, it can only enhance the experience.

Also, first post! (long time reader) :smile:

One thing about lucidity is that it’s relatively easy to just “forget” that you’re dreaming even if you’ve become lucid. There are also various levels of lucidity, which is something to be kept in mind.

Sometimes I realize that I’m dreaming, but then something dangerous or exciting happens, and even though I still know that I’m dreaming, I tend to forget that I’m safe. For excitement that’s a win-win situation, because you can do all the things you normally could while lucid, but with the added benefit of taking some things for granted, adding to the realism.

Sometimes I also “let go” of my lucidity. The vividness of the dream (which is usually greater than an ND for me) stays, even after I lose lucidity. And I often wake up from those dreams with a near-perfect memory of the events and even all of the smallest details.

TL;DR: Even if you can LD at will (or just often), that doesn’t mean that you can’t have normal dreams, or choose to let go of your control/awareness. You get the best of both worlds, if you so choose.