EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

RL hands rubbing together

Author  Message 
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 360
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

RL hands rubbing together
PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

I've been reading a lot of journals complaining about this problem, so I thought I would put in my two cents. Hopefully this will help some of you.

We're all familiar with the technique of rubbing our hands together to keep a dream stable or from fading away. A good chunk of us are also familiar with the total annoyance when we feel ourselves back in our real beds with our real hands rubbing together. At least, that's what we think we feel.

One night, as it was happening to me, I opened my eyes to look at them as they rubbed together. I was laying on my back and my hands were under my sheets as they rubbed together. I sighed, disappointed that my LD had ended. Suddenly, my alarm went off and I woke up... on my stomach with my hands no where near each other or in a position to be able to rub together.

After several more nights of experimenting, I've realized that 93% of these occasions are actually very vivid FA's. What I've found is to just keep rubbing, no matter how real it feels. I will guaranty that you will probably pull yourself back into the dream. The trick is to simply not care. So what if your RL hands are rubbing together? Does it really matter? Just weigh this: look like an idiot (though no one can see you) vs. continue dreaming. I think the choice is obvious.

Best of luck!

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
x Puffycloud x
High in the Sky
Astral Explorer
Scribes
LD count: 6

PostPosted: Mon 08 Mar, 2010  Reply with quote

grin This was very helpful. While it hasn't happened to me in particular (I haven't had a chance to test it out), I think if I do decide to use it it will keep me from losing the LD.

Current LD goal(s): Increase length, talk to my subconcious.

print