LC #25, Winner: Solaris! Congratulations!

LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM Tundra - winner: ebil shrimp
LC 11 -TM Ebil shrimp - winner: Tundra
LC 12 - TM HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 - TM Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probaly Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM Danilens 13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24- TM Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor

Welcome, one and all to Lucid Challenge # 25! Since tosxyChor, winner of LC #24, is busy this month, I, Rhewin The Great And Powerful, will be your Taskmaster.

This challenge is aimed to test your ability in inducing lucidity in dreams, keeping them under control, and setting and completing goals.
It will be a challenge of will, of originality, of wits and determination, but most of all, I want this to be a challenge against yourself. The sake of this challenge is for personal improvement first and foremost! In the end, the winners are those who come out of this as better dreamers :content:.

I will be keeping the rules from LC #24 with only slight alteration. And special thanks to tosxyChor who invented the newer system, and Wyvern who adapted it to what follows.

LD points: These are points awarded just for becoming lucid. That’s right, even if you don’t get a single task done you’ll still be rewarded for your success.

Points awarded for each dream:

• You wonder if you’re dreaming + 5pts
  • You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly + 10pts
  • Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. + 20pts
    -Medium LD: You have what you would consider a medium size LD or normal length. + 30pts
  • Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. + 40pts

Additionally, if you beaten your own person record for longest LD, I will award +10pts. This can potentially happen more than once in the Challenge if you try hard enough to beat your own records. :happy:

As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short (5 minutes) may be someone else’s medium and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LD’ers to work hard too. Because of this, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.

Chaining and regaining lucidity: Every time you chain or get back your lucidity from having lost it, you are awarded 5 points. However, the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one. And yes, that means two medium LD’s could count as a long one.

Task points: These are the points you get for doing the various tasks. Again, they are independent of the lucid points, so they can be earned in an ND (although you will lose out on serious points).

Ideas in mind: I will be focusing on lucidity here, creativity as well as originality. There will be good points for everyone, fat points for who can manage a little creativity and resourcefulness, and even more points (if little) for who wants to keep going.

So:
Any task can be attempted any number of times, however the scores are not cumulative among the same task. Only the best score is awarded for each one.

For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:

+30 points for any task accomplished while lucid.
+20 early points (for completing the last task being given)

Combo points! Accomplishing more than one task in a single LD marks them all as early. So, if you do 2 late tasks in the same LD, you get + 40 pts as early bonus. Again, as with LC #24, I will not be giving a late penalty. The only advice I will give is make sure you do the current task first, just in case you lose the dream before you can finish all of them.

Base idea for awarding points in each task:

Around 60-70 points for the basic stuff
+ 30-50 pts for the more advanced stuff (after you finished the basic one)
more (+5-10 points per tick) as repeatable part, for who did all the rest, and want more ^^

Extra occasional points awarded for display of creativity and/or prowess (max 30 per task) by the TM. These are decided solely by me, so no complaining if you feel that you deserve some but didn’t get any.

Quest points removed LC #24 and #25 due to nature of current Quest.

Personal Goal/Task

If you have set a personal task for yourself that you’ve really wanted to do, and you complete it in one of you LD’s during the Challenge, I will award +30 pts. Limited to one personal task per person. Again, this most be posted when you sign up.

A few last things

The Challenge won’t be long, running for a little under 3 weeks with 7 tasks (granted I can get them up in time :shy: ). Most tasks will run for 2 days, but a few more advanced ones will run for 3.

If you’re not already doing so, please start keeping an electronic journal here on LD4all. You will need to post a link to any dreams where you attempt tasks (you can copy-and-paste to this thread as well, but I would prefer to keep the clutter down). Also, please highlight any parts of your dreams pertaining to the task. While I love to read about your dreams, sometimes I’m in a hurry and need to get right to the point.

But enough of all that. Anything that is a little foggy to you now will make sense once the tasks get going. Of course, if you’re really confused you can PM me at any time.

I declare LC #25:partying_face: [b]OPEN!!! :yay: [/b]

The Cast of Characters

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom
  6. Siiw (Do a RC)
  7. sls93
  8. idanl09
  9. The Scientist
  10. working class hero
  11. james_uk2008
  12. Ebilshrimp
  13. Shinju
  14. Crow
  15. Solaris
  16. Sonia

Ha! I sense this will be a great challenge :colgate:
Good luck to any of the participants! :happy: If you’re undecided whether to join or not, just join in anyway, it’s great motivation for anyone to reach successfull LD’ing! ^^

1. KauaiDreamer (short LD 0-5, Med 5-10, Long 10 and over) personal goal fly to Himalayas and sit on snowcapped mountaintop! :wiske:
  1. KauaiDreamer (short LD 0-5, Med 5-10, Long 10 and over)
  2. LegendaryDreamer (Short LD: 1-5, Med LD: 10-15, Long LD: 15 and over)
    Personal task: to fly (and not wake up from it) :tongue:

Thanks for the thoroughness, but you don’t have to include the previous person’s LD length when signing up :wink:

I don’t think he did Rhewin! Look closely, his is different! :razz:

I think this is what you asked for (kind of)?

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce

My personal task is to find my dream guide. I’d consider a short LD anything below 5 as well. Average would be 5-10 minutes. And more than that is long.

Actually any way is fine, but yes :smile:

Here I go again:

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon

I’ll set my medium lucid dream time to 5-10 minutes.

My personal task:
Meet my character (Luna), developed during the last challenged to have a reliable LD incubation (Haven’t met her yet).

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom

A medium LD is about 5 minutes for me.
Like last time, my goal is full transformation.

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom
  6. Siiw

I would say a short LD is less than 3 minutes, a medium between 3 and 10 and a long LD over 10. (I was actually counting time while trying to keep up the same focus as in a lucid dream to find out)

My personal goal is to being back a song :cool:

This will probably run at the same time as a period of stress: i have three weeks of overtime work in front of me, in addition to other stress. It will be interesting to see what the effect will be since stress usually lowers my LD frequency and a LC increases it.

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom
  6. Siiw
  7. sls93

This should be fun. I’ll be using WILD for this one. A short LD= 1-5 min. Medium LD= 10-15 min. Long LD= 15 plus.
My personal task: Meet Chris Cornell and have him teach me a new song!
This may be a little tricky because i’ll be gone camping from Jul 18-23. Oh well. I’ll do my best. Dreams while i’m out camping are always more interesting for some reason…

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom
  6. Siiw
  7. sls93
  8. idanl09(personal goal: fly)
  1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom
  6. Siiw
  7. sls93
  8. idanl09
  9. The Scientist

I thought about it, and decided that the sense of urgency involved might be good for LD induction. A medium LD for me is about 3-5 minutes or so, and my personal goal is to conjure fire.

Hey I just did that in my last lucid dream! I transformed into a Deku Shrub from Zelda :tongue:

[/offtopic]

I’ll join.

Hopefully I do better than last time.

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom
  6. Siiw
  7. sls93
  8. idanl09
  9. The Scientist
  10. working class hero

Guess I could give this a go. :content:

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom
  6. Siiw
  7. sls93
  8. idanl09
  9. The Scientist
  10. working class hero
  11. james_uk2008

I no doubt sure that my goal will be a transformation of some kind.

Welcome aboard all :content: . Please make sure you include the length of your average LD and a personal if any.

Sorry, Rhewin.

The average length of my Lucid Dreams (In waking time) are ~ 10 minutes.

i haven’t been on for a while but it’s my holidays now, can i join?
man its been ages since i did one of these, they’re so useful for having LD’s

and i promise i won’t dissapear this time. unless something happens to my computer

1. KauaiDreamer
  2. LegendaryDreamer
  3. Puce
  4. BlueMoon
  5. Hexaditidom
  6. Siiw
  7. sls93
  8. idanl09
  9. The Scientist
  10. working class hero
  11. james_uk2008
  12. Ebilshrimp