something with time in a dream...

Author  Message 
DolceAllegro
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

something with time in a dream...
PostPosted: Sun 08 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

so i had a dream where i was in school but could only remember looking at the time, the weird thing was that the time was normal and wasn't spinning around everywhere(this was a ND)

is time in dreams always suppose to be spinning everywhere? or can it also be the right time?

x Puffycloud x
High in the Sky
Astral Explorer
Scribes
LD count: 6

yes That's right. RCs can fail us sometimes. In real life, we expect the reality checks to pass. The time is always right, your finger will not go through your hand, you can't breathe with your nose plugged ect. ect. Because of this, this sometimes translates to our dreams and they do exactly what we expect.

The good news is that you ARE doing reality checks in dreams!! tumbsuplinkswitteduim You're making good progress!

Current LD goal(s): Increase length, talk to my subconcious.
deadman
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I've read (laBerge) that clocks and text will change or be completely incomprehensible in ND. Other LD researchers and authors (Wagonner) say this ain't necessarily so and that your mind creates it's own rules in certain situations such as this. Myself, I'm trying to tune into the DS's that apply and work for me.

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 360
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is set in stone in our dreams. You can read text, write legibly and check the time with no issues in some cases. It's true, these items tend to be unreliable and will usually work as reality checks, but not always. Besides, it's entirely capable for you to interpret @*HF2:002@* as 3:32 p.m. because that's what your SC wants you to see it as. It takes a pretty decent level of awareness to catch these things.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
MovieMe
Oneironaut
cookie lover
MovieMe has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count..

Re: something with time in a dream...

amitruz wrote:
so i had a dream where i was in school but could only remember looking at the time, the weird thing was that the time was normal and wasn't spinning around everywhere(this was a ND)

is time in dreams always suppose to be spinning everywhere? or can it also be the right time?

Who says the time is supposed to be spinning around? o.O The reality check says you look at the time, then look away, and then back at the clock again. Usually the time has changed or something like that.

dntrecords
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 100!

Re: something with time in a dream...
PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

amitruz wrote:

I've never heard that before, but of course anything can happen in dreams. the RC with clocks that you're thinking of is with digital clocks, and so there is no spinning involved; you look at the clock, look away, and back, and the time should change or the numbers will look weird

PSCahill
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Lost count

time in a dream
PostPosted: Wed 18 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

My son read my copy of LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, and had a LD that night. I had told him about my reality checks, the wristwatch thingy and also, to look at a book, and for me it would always look different when I looked back at it...but he said the watch and book looked normal...even though he WAS lucid, and went on to do some fun stuff.... We are all different, and all dreams are different.... That's why I try to have lots of reality checks to try whenever I think I might be dreaming!

print