Lucid Dreaming Goes To Black

Ok, now whenever I realize I’m dreaming I go to this black screen and I can’t do anything! It’s really making my sad because I barely get LD’s and then they just go to waste.

If that happens, one thing you can try is to attempt to open your “dream eyes.” The concept may be disorienting at first, but when you’re lucid dreaming, you have to realize there are two bodies: your real body that’s asleep in bed and your dream body that interacts with the dream. If you have trouble seeing at all, whether it be blackness or lack of focus, try to really focus and open your dream body’s eyes. The only problem is that you might open your real eyes and wake up. But, as with most all things LD-related, with practice you can get it to work constantly.

I agree, try opening your dream eyes! This happened to me once I new I was dreaming but everything was black. It had happened in the past and the LD was wasted because I couldn’t make it light. I decided to try to open my eyes, i mean what did I have to lose. So I did it and I was in my bed I thought i woke up but I did a RC just in case and I was still dreaming! It ended up being my longest and best LD ever! If you want to read about it it is in my dream journal titled “Open your eyes and see with your heart” page 2 :smile:

I did this in a LD last night because it was a bit blurry. After I had done it multiple times, it became even more realistic than real lifE! It was really amazing like I’d just wiped my eyes with a windscreen wiper. It was really cool. :smile:

This happened to me as well, but I remembered reading that this often indicates a change of scenery, so I just floated there and waited. While waiting it dawned on me that maybe I was heading into space, and sure enough, I started seeing stars and planets, and the Milky way. :peek:

My way to solve this was to imagine a new scene :razz: of course I had to be patient, but eventually I came to the new scene :smile:

Dream eyes have never worked for me, since I just wake up if I try to open my eyes in a dream, therefor I rather use my way :cool_raz:

I’m just going to add my technique right in here: prying my eyes open. I use my dream arms to separate my eyelids; no eye muscles involved, no possibility for unintentional awakenings.

That does sound like a good idea - I’m gonna try it out ^^

Also, you could try finding the “On switch” that’s located on the side of your head - Flip the tiny switch to enable your vision. Or get a pair of glasses.

Wow! Thanks for the help guys! I’ll be sure to try these when it happens! :smile:

It happend to me too but with one eye close, I just opened it with my hand lol

One technique that used to work for me when I would get the “black screen of death” as my lucid dream went black, was to reach into the scene (though it was black!), to “grab” something that was there a moment ago. The first time I ever did that, it was a remote control that was sitting nearby. As soon as my dream hand grabbed for it, I felt it, real, solid in my hand, and the whole dream scene came right back into vision. It worked like a charm. If I can get any of my other senses working, the visuals will pop back.

I find “opening my dream eyes” causes me to open my real life eyes.

Instead of opening them, peel your eyes open with your fingers.