LC #27, Winner: Rhewin! Congratulations everyone!

LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM Tundra - winner: ebil shrimp
LC 11 -TM Ebil shrimp - winner: Tundra
LC 12 - TM HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 - TM Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probaly Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM Danilens 13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM Solaris - winner: Rhewin

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the Lucid Challenge # 27! Since Rhewin returned the favor from LC #25, I, tosxyChor , will be your Taskmaster!
This challenge is aimed to test your ability in inducing lucidity in dreams, keeping them under control, and setting and completing goals.
It will be a challenge of will, of originality, of wits and determination, but most of all, I want this to be a challenge against yourself. The sake of this challenge is for personal improvement first and foremost! Competition will provide the motivation you need to do your best :content:

Over the course of the last 4 LCs, the rules have been adapted to better provide an interesting and rewarding experience. Here they are in their latest tweaked version:

LD points: these points are awarded in any case you were lucid in a dream.

Points awarded for each dream:

• You wonder if you’re dreaming. + 5pts
  • You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly. + 10pts
  • Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. + 20pts
  • Medium LD: You have what you would consider a medium size LD or normal length. + 30pts
  • Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. + 40pts

A dream is considered a single one until you get out of bed and/or write down your dreams.

Additionally, if you beat your own personal record for longest LD, I will award +20pts. This can potentially happen more than once in the Challenge if you try hard enough to beat your own records. :happy:

As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short (5 minutes) may be someone else’s medium and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LD’ers to work hard too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.

Chaining and regaining lucidity: Every time you chain or get back your lucidity from having lost it, you are awarded 5 points. However, the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.

Task points: These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. Again, they are independent of the lucid points, so they can be earned in an ND (although you will lose out on serious points).

Ideas in mind: I will be focusing on lucidity here, creativity as well as originality. There will be good points for everyone, fat points for who can manage a little creativity and resourcefulness, and even more points (if little) for who wants to keep going.

So:
Any task can be attempted any number of times, however the scores are not cumulative among the same task. Only the best score is awarded for each one.

For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:
+30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid)
+20 early points (for completing the last task being given)

Combo points! Accomplishing more than one task in a single LD marks them all as early. So, if you do 2 late tasks in the same LD, you get + 40 pts as early bonus.

Base idea for awarding points in each task:
Around 60-70 points for the basic stuff
+ 30-60 points for the more advanced stuff (after you finished the basic one)
more (+5-20 points per tick) as repeatable part, for who did all the rest, and want more ^^

Extra occasional points awarded for display of creativity and/or prowess (max 30 per task) by the TM. Remember those are for special instances only. They are cumulative, even among different task attempts.

Quest points

The monthly Quest counts as task, and awards 50 points for completion, possibly more at the discretion of the TM. It is not counted as early, but it is feasible for combos.

Personal Goal/Task

The LC leaves open the possibility for its participants to follow their own personal goals; but this time, with a twist! Choose your (single, most important) personal task when you sign up, and during the Challenge, you will have the opportunity of gaining points by accomplishing it, but you will have to do it… with company!
There’s the possibility of completing your goal alone, though it will only award 10 points. If you manage to accomplish your goal together with someone else in the dream instead, you will be awarded 40 points. Do it with someone important to you, like your dream guide, or a CALD character, or the DC of your best friend… and get +25 points!
Like the Quest, it counts as a non-early task.

After you have completed your personal task, you will have the possibility of choosing a new one. However, there will be some differences in the requirements in order to complete the task, that will be decided the moment you propose the next one.

A few last things

Each task will be posted at 17 GMT, in 5-day intervals, for a total of 7 tasks. Of course, you can complete any posted task until the LC is finished, but after a new task has been posted, you will have to do a combo if you want the early points too for the previous ones.

Your dreams will have to be written down to be judged, so either post them here, or post a link to your online DJ entries.

Don’t worry about the points calculation, it will be me who will calculate all the scores. (It is required, given the possibility of bonus points)
To better distinguish between repeatable and single-time accomplishments in tasks, repeatable parts will be recognizable by a + before the corresponding score.

As per tradition, the Challenge will be open to up to 20 participants. Sign-ups are open, and will close in about 10 days. Everyone is allowed to join, as this challenge aims to better all the participants, regardless of their level :content:

The main aim of all this will be letting the dreamers grow in their ability to explore, use and interact with the dreamscape, plus developing confidence in their actions as well as new techniques, skills, and methods. This is more than a challenge - it is a personal adventure, that will guide you through the world of possibilities that is your dreams, growing better at this awesome and useful skill we call Lucid Dreaming, making it grow steadily, day by day, task by task.
I will be assisting all participants, with suggestions, hints and encouragements, so that you will easily reach the desired goals. You can also ask aid from the other competitors, I’m sure they’ll be eager to share their advice ^^ You can PM me as well, at any time, for any kind of question you would want to be answered.

I’m sincerely confident you will have become better Dreamers by the time each of you completes this Challenge. So let’s get this started. Fasten your seatbelts, people! :colgate:

Sign-up list:

1. Siiw. Personal goal: Compose music and remember it Short <3min, medium 3-10min, long >10min. Based on how many songs i can sing.
  2. BeRightBack. Goal: Fly (swimming-like); short - 10 seconds; medium: 1 minute; long: >3 minutes.
  3. Abrax. Goal: Fly
  4. KauaiDreamer. Goal: Find the Himalayas, sit on a mountaintop and meditate
    Short 1-4, Med 5-10, Long10+
  5. GothicFighter: Fly on a bicycle. short - 10 seconds; medium 1 minute; long >5 minutes.
  6. ian1; Fly; dream lengths- Short: 2-3 minutes, Medium: 5-6 minutes, Long: 10+ minutes
  7. Pehr. Goal: recite poetry in front of a crowd. Dream lengths unknown (yet to have first planned LD)
  8. GHOSTIE11. personal Goal: Reach Norway; length- short <5 minutes, medium 5-10 minutes, long >10 minutes
  9. Danielns13. Personal goal: Transform into something ‘not alive’ (fire, rain shadows, things like that.).
  10. Dreamjutsu ; goal, talk with DCs: normal < 1-2 min
  11. EllyEve. Interview a DC. Average maybe 10 minutes?
  12. Rhewin. Personal Goal: complete transformation; avereage (medium) LD 5-7 minutes
  13. Solaris. Personal Goal: tranform into a dragon and fly to the other end of the universe. Average: 10 minutes.
  14. Colors. Personal Goal: live an adventure relating directly to a chapter in the book IT by Stephen King. Average: short (no intent): 2-5mn, long (object if settled before bed): 15-30mn.

Task #1: Play!
Task #2: Visit Wonderland!
Task #3: Love!
Task #4: Call your moves!
Task #5: Dance!
Task #6: An intergalactic vacation
Task #7: Visit your home!

Sign-up list:

1. Siiw. Personal goal: Compose music and remember it
  2. BeRightBack. Goal: Fly

Maybe im to new to join, just tell me if i cant.

Don’t worry, a LC is for everyone who wish to better themselves :content: so you’re very welcome! ^^

4. KauaiDreamer :pharaoh: Goal; Find the Himalayas, sit on a mountaintop and meditate

This is my first time I try this.:happy:

2. BeRightBack. Goal: Fly; short - 10 seconds; medium 1 minute; long >5 minutes.
  4. KauaiDreamer ; Find the Himalayas, sit on a mountaintop and meditate
  5. GothicFighter; Fly on a bicycle.
  6. ian1; Fly; dream lengths- Short: 2-3 minutes, Medium: 5-6 minutes, Long: 10+ minutes

Not certain I like the idea of having to be with a DC in order to complete my goal. I’m sure it would be fun to be with someone else, but it just ends up making it twice as difficult. So, no matter how well I completed my goal in my dream, I get no points if there was nobody with me when it happened?

It is a requirement this time around, yes. I’ve also more than doubled the points you can be awarded by it :smile: plus I think it’s not that hard to find at least some random DC to accompany you, and doing it in two makes it all the more exciting! :content:

If you think about it a little, people have been trying for some time to achieve their goals, and this one in particular hasn’t been done yet. So, by bringing some variation, there’s the possibility for fresh ideas to surface and renew the efficiency of the attempt, plus whoever is by your side could give you hints to bring it to completion! It’s more of an aid that anything else :tongue:

Also, as a quick reminder, the participants should specify what the average duration of their LD’s is :peek:

But you should have at least some points for doing it alone. How about making it a point bonus for doing it with DCs, but also have an initial point value?

Well, if I did, the difference between the aided and non-aided completion should be at least 30 points, and that would make the non-accompanied version worth 10 points, which looks like a joke (even if it’s far from it, cause with the lucid points, that alone would really be worth 40 points, and the previous LC had the whole personal task worth 30 pts max); if you’re fine with 10 points for the non-modified version, then we have an agreement :smile:

7. Pehr. Goal: recite poetry in front of a crowd. Dream lengths unknown (yet to have first planned LD)
  8. GHOSTIE11; personal Goal: Reach Norway; length- short <5 minutes, medium 5-10 minutes, long >10 minutes

[/quote]

5. GothicFighter: Fly on a bicycle.
  8. GHOSTIE11. personal Goal: Reach Norway; length- short <5 minutes, medium 5-10 minutes, long >10 minutes

I’ve updated my post with my dream lengths.

5. GothicFighter: Fly on a bicycle. short - 10 seconds; medium 1 minute; long >5 minutes.
  9. Danielns13. Personal goal: Transform into something ‘not alive’ (fire, rain shadows, things like that.).

Nothing has ever gotten me more motivated to LD than one of these, and you’re a wonderful task master; I quite look forward to this :smile:

I’m not quite sure of the times right now. I’d have to go through my DJ and probably have another lucid dream just to get a feel for the time. I’ll have them too you by the time the challenge starts :wink:

I’ve had a dry-spell recently, and have been kinda slacking off. But I has a DILD last night that was pretty decent compared to most of my LDs so I have some more motivation. Time to get back in the swing of things. :content:

I’m liking this new format! :ok:

11. EllyEve. Interview a DC. Average maybe 10 minutes?

Oops, I’ve made a false-start…I remembered I wanted to fly with a DC (as my personal quest) during a LD this early morning and managed to convince an old classmate to float up in the sky with me. Not really much more than a couple of feet though and too early for points, but at least I’m starting to remember quests in my LD’s :tongue:

Hahaha :content: nice work, BeRightBack! I see the excitement is already working its magic ^^
You may want to find another goal to accomplish before the Challenge starts, though :tongue:

Also, Dreamjutsu, is it ok for you if your personal task requires talking to 2+ people at once in order to count for company? Because being in 2 was already given for the completion of the task :tongue: