EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

Quest for november: Step into your Shadow!

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author  Message 
Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

Quest for november: Step into your Shadow!
PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

LD4all Quest 60: Step into your Shadow!
Author: pasQuale

Each month, on LD4all Lucid Dreamers Unite we have a new Quest to explore your LD's in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Step into your Shadow!
Suggested by: Mattias

I'll let Mattias explain:

Step into your shadow! I got this idea from a song.

"See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me."
Tool - Forty Six & 2

The idea, I guess, is kinda like to meet your dark side, confront it, embrace it, whatever, to grow and evolve.

The shadow can be used as a portal, just like we use mirrors ^^ See where you end up! :D

So, to earn your wings, step into your shadow and report back what happened smile

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid ( )
  • step into your shadow
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

last but not least: have fun everyone! :D

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique
(WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• set your mind for this Quest.
  • ponder on stepping into your shadow

good luck

and

have fun!

Last edited by Qu on Wed 01 Dec, 2010; edited 1 time in total
Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

PostPosted: Sun 31 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

Ooh, just my type of quest to do! :D

I might have to shake the dust off my journal for that matter.

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Oh, really!? yay! :D

I'll have to do this one then!

Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Last month I was still getting back into lucid dreaming. I had 8, but I never once thought about the quest.

This month is going to be different. I was planning on doing a lot of "stepping through" to other worlds. Might as well use my shadow instead of a mirror or a television screen, lol.

Come to think of it, I've never actually consciously thought about my shadow in dreams. In my collection of hundreds of dreams, I don't think I've once written the word 'shadow.'

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Mon 01 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

This sound like it could yield interesting results, I had an LD last night, I'll try and see if I can use the technique + MILD for it.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
Trethedj
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 15-20

Almost.
PostPosted: Wed 03 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

I had a Lucid Dream last night but it seems what I had set out to do slippped my mind. I was reading some of the older quests before I went to sleep, like "Follow the white rabbit" and "Journey to the center of the earth" and I was determined to do those and forgot all about stepping through my shadow... I'm gonna try again tonight.

Current LD goal(s): Increase WILD proficiency.
WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I read this thread yesterday and thought "mjeh perhaps I'll try some time". But tonight I remembered to do it in a LD :D Remembering what to do in LDs have been hard for me, but a while ago i found out that if i decide what i want to do and think about it every day i will most likely remember to do it in a dream within a week. 3 or 4 days ago i decided i wanted to play with rubiks cube in a dream which also occurred tonight. Lets start with the dream:

I was in a forest and saw a moose. I decided to do my RC, counting my fingers, i had 6 fingers. But i thought "this is too real to be a dream", so i did the RC again, still 6 fingers! I thought the same thing again but the third time i became lucid. The usual "running around doing random things" happened for a while, until i found myself in my home and i remember "hey i wanted to play with rubiks cube!". So i went into my room and took my cube from where I had put it and started to play with it. I just randomly scrambled it, I should have been more clear to myself and said "I want to SOLVE the cube" instead of playing with it.

Then i remembered the quest! I turned around and saw my shadow, perhaps for the first time ever in a dream. I dived into my shadow like you dive into a swimming pool. Upon jumping i unwillingly expected that i would hit the ground and slowly bounce off, which was just what happened. However, after I bounced off the ground, i appeared in a FA, not lucid sadblauw When i "woke up" to the FA i found myself at about the same spot that i were when i dived into my shadow. Then i walked around in the house a bit and my mom told me it was in the middle of the night and that i had to go to bed. Then i woke up.

So what happened from diving into my shadow was that i appeared in a copy of my environment where it was night instead of day. It felt somehow like a FA probably because i lost lucidity.

In the dream i remembered the thread saying "dive into your shadow" so that's what i did. I think I did the quest good enough, but I could have done it better by stepping into the shadow instead of diving, if that matters.
I don't think I've ever succeeded to become lucid in a FA after an LD. If anyone got any hints or tutorials on how to do so please PM me.

Last edited by WASD on Wed 03 Nov, 2010; edited 1 time in total
Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Heh, congrats, WASD. :D

Diving or stepping, what's the difference? You entered it. And your result was more interesting than mine, that's for sure! Kinda fits the shadow theme, too. A different world of night and day.

Anyway...

I succeeded at doing the quest as well. I just happened to have a lucid dream this morning and I was flying around when I started thinking about going to Silverwind City or doing the LD4all Quest, and I thought why not combine the two?

I saw my shadow cast against a tree (like WASD, it's the first time I specifically recall seeing my shadow in a dream), and I thought I'd just charge straight into it, keeping a mental image of my intended destination (Silverwind City) in mind. But instead of being warped to another place, I just ended up inside a very dark space where movement was difficult.

Either my shadow consists of extremely dense black matter, or I was inside the tree... lol :D

Edit: come to think of it, this happened once before in another lucid dream. The first time I stepped through a mirror it felt almost the same. Only I recall falling at some point back then. It was years ago, though.

Full account in my dream journal

I'll try again in a future lucid dream to see if I can get slightly more interesting results.

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
Queen SD
Still Dreaming
cookie lover
LD count: Never enough

We get to meet our Dark SiDe? Sounds like the quest for me... I'm a little bit rusty, but I will certainly give it a go. I had a dream about something close to this not too long ago...

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

PostPosted: Thu 04 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Hmm, time to meet my darkside and destroy it grrr it just keeps ruining my life and now I want it to end

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 3189

PostPosted: Thu 04 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Ooh, I did this twice and it resulted in a pretty cool transformation, and in another LD, it was a technique used to see the future.

I think I'll try it again! :D

Trethedj
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 15-20

Bad Recall..
PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

I was going in and out of lucidity all night and I remember stepping through my shadow. Once I did this the dream got very abstract and hard to remember. I had very bad recall when i woke up so I want to try again.

Current LD goal(s): Increase WILD proficiency.
Y4ZT
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: <10

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

This is going to be the first challenge ive been on the site for so im going to try my best to succeed. Having this goal will hopefully keep me focused once i get lucid, flying goal will have to wait.

Current LD goal(s): Do the quest of the month, not fail at flying...agian....agian
Myne Notachi
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 06 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Became lucid last night - for the first time in ages YAY! woo .
I remembered this quest (after climbing on the outside of an office building). When I dived into my shadow (I wanted to do that when I read WADS post. hehehe sorry I stole your style ) But it took me into darkness and when I tried to open my dream eyes I woke up. Opps.

Ah well. I'll try again soon!

Current LD goal(s): To learn how to LD again.
Virtual Block
Youth of Stupidity
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 07 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Hm.. Shadows.. I only noticed a detail in one of my first recalled dreams, that there were no shadows at all! Gotta try this anyway, it's been over 2 months since my last Dream Journal entry....

Current LD goal(s): Fly, use my Lucid Remote, steal Thor`s hammer, go to space, go to the past
Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

print   ShareShare