Quest 60 November: Step into your Shadow!

[size=150]LD4all Quest 60: Step into your Shadow![/size]
[color=crimson][size=100]Author: pasQuale[/size][/color]

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

[size=150]Step into your Shadow![/size]
[color=crimson]Suggested by: Mattias[/color]

I’ll let Mattias explain:

So, to earn your wings, step into your shadow and report back what happened :smile:

[center][/center]
To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid ( :tongue: )
  • step into your shadow
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

[color=red]Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself. [/color]

[size=150][color=red]I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient[/color][/size]

last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

[size=134]Preparations/Incubation[/size]
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique
[color=royalblue](WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc)[/color]:

• set your mind for this Quest.
  • ponder on stepping into your shadow

good luck

and

have fun!

Ooh, just my type of quest to do! :happy:

I might have to shake the dust off my journal for that matter.

Oh, really!? yay! :happy:

I’ll have to do this one then! :hyper:

Last month I was still getting back into lucid dreaming. I had 8, but I never once thought about the quest.

This month is going to be different. I was planning on doing a lot of “stepping through” to other worlds. Might as well use my shadow instead of a mirror or a television screen, lol.

Come to think of it, I’ve never actually consciously thought about my shadow in dreams. In my collection of hundreds of dreams, I don’t think I’ve once written the word ‘shadow.’

This sound like it could yield interesting results, I had an LD last night, I’ll try and see if I can use the technique + MILD for it.

I had a Lucid Dream last night but it seems what I had set out to do slippped my mind. I was reading some of the older quests before I went to sleep, like “Follow the white rabbit” and “Journey to the center of the earth” and I was determined to do those and forgot all about stepping through my shadow… I’m gonna try again tonight. :tongue:

I read this thread yesterday and thought “mjeh perhaps I’ll try some time”. But tonight I remembered to do it in a LD :happy: Remembering what to do in LDs have been hard for me, but a while ago i found out that if i decide what i want to do and think about it every day i will most likely remember to do it in a dream within a week. 3 or 4 days ago i decided i wanted to play with rubiks cube in a dream which also occurred tonight. Lets start with the dream:

I was in a forest and saw a moose. I decided to do my RC, counting my fingers, i had 6 fingers. But i thought “this is too real to be a dream”, so i did the RC again, still 6 fingers! I thought the same thing again but the third time i became lucid. The usual “running around doing random things” happened for a while, until i found myself in my home and i remember “hey i wanted to play with rubiks cube!”. So i went into my room and took my cube from where I had put it and started to play with it. I just randomly scrambled it, I should have been more clear to myself and said “I want to SOLVE the cube” instead of playing with it.

Then i remembered the quest! I turned around and saw my shadow, perhaps for the first time ever in a dream. I dived into my shadow like you dive into a swimming pool. Upon jumping i unwillingly expected that i would hit the ground and slowly bounce off, which was just what happened. However, after I bounced off the ground, i appeared in a FA, not lucid :sad: When i “woke up” to the FA i found myself at about the same spot that i were when i dived into my shadow. Then i walked around in the house a bit and my mom told me it was in the middle of the night and that i had to go to bed. Then i woke up.

So what happened from diving into my shadow was that i appeared in a copy of my environment where it was night instead of day. It felt somehow like a FA probably because i lost lucidity.

In the dream i remembered the thread saying “dive into your shadow” so that’s what i did. I think I did the quest good enough, but I could have done it better by stepping into the shadow instead of diving, if that matters.
I don’t think I’ve ever succeeded to become lucid in a FA after an LD. If anyone got any hints or tutorials on how to do so please PM me.

Heh, congrats, WASD. :happy:

Diving or stepping, what’s the difference? You entered it. And your result was more interesting than mine, that’s for sure! Kinda fits the shadow theme, too. A different world of night and day.

Anyway…

I succeeded at doing the quest as well. I just happened to have a lucid dream this morning and I was flying around when I started thinking about going to Silverwind City or doing the LD4all Quest, and I thought why not combine the two?

I saw my shadow cast against a tree (like WASD, it’s the first time I specifically recall seeing my shadow in a dream), and I thought I’d just charge straight into it, keeping a mental image of my intended destination (Silverwind City) in mind. But instead of being warped to another place, I just ended up inside a very dark space where movement was difficult.

Either my shadow consists of extremely dense black matter, or I was inside the tree… lol :happy:

Edit: come to think of it, this happened once before in another lucid dream. The first time I stepped through a mirror it felt almost the same. Only I recall falling at some point back then. It was years ago, though.

Full account in my dream journal

I’ll try again in a future lucid dream to see if I can get slightly more interesting results.

We get to meet our Dark SiDe? Sounds like the quest for me… I’m a little bit rusty, but I will certainly give it a go. I had a dream about something close to this not too long ago…

Hmm, time to meet my darkside and destroy it :grrr: it just keeps ruining my life and now I want it to end

Ooh, I did this twice and it resulted in a pretty cool transformation, and in another LD, it was a technique used to see the future.

I think I’ll try it again! :happy:

I was going in and out of lucidity all night and I remember stepping through my shadow. Once I did this the dream got very abstract and hard to remember. I had very bad recall when i woke up so I want to try again.

This is going to be the first challenge ive been on the site for so im going to try my best to succeed. Having this goal will hopefully keep me focused once i get lucid, flying goal will have to wait.

Became lucid last night - for the first time in ages YAY! :woo: .
I remembered this quest (after climbing on the outside of an office building). When I dived into my shadow (I wanted to do that when I read WADS post. hehehe sorry I stole your style :tongue: ) But it took me into darkness and when I tried to open my dream eyes I woke up. Opps.

Ah well. I’ll try again soon!

Hm… Shadows… I only noticed a detail in one of my first recalled dreams, that there were no shadows at all! Gotta try this anyway, it’s been over 2 months since my last Dream Journal entry…

It’s been so long since I’ve been posting on here so it’s high time that I come back! =0) It seems appropriate that I come back with a challenge. I think the only other one I did was to eat something in a lucid dream. I have not had any LDs for quite some time and my recall is coming back in little snatches now. Hopefully it will come back in time to do this quest this month. Like the others I don’t remember seeing my shadow in dreams either, but what the heck. Bring on the shadow!

Remembered the quest this morning (after DEILD’ing 4 or 5 times loL!) I zoomed into my shadow on the ground but couldn’t enter it :sad: I just woke up. I’ll try again!

What a great idea! I am thinking of maybe just letting myself fall forward and through myself. Hmm, got to get into the critical mindset habit first.

I thought of the quest during a WILD I had last night, but I couldn’t see my shadow projected anywhere and I wasn’t really focused enough to just go create it or something and instead I went off to do something else. Oh well.

I’'ll be handing out wings and so on later today, and also post the next Quest, stay tuned :smile:

(but the next Quest shouldn’t be a surprise: “The Spirit of Giving” ofcourse :content: