Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Blinking During Lucid Dreams?

Author  Message 
lablueyes
LD count: 6

Blinking During Lucid Dreams?
PostPosted: Wed 15 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Ok, well I need help! with this problem. For some reason, Im so obsessed with blinking in real life that I do it in my few lucid dreams. Blinking always seems to wake me up. grrr It's getting frustrating, too! Does anybody else have this problem, or am I just a freak whatsthat

P.S. I know I can TRY to not blink, but that doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: This topic needs to be moved to General Lucidness, or something of the sort.

Current LD goal(s): Be able to recall each dream I have every night.
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

Obsessed? How can someone obsess over blinking? That's like obsessing over breathing...

Well, anyway, the best thing you can do is to not even think about it. If you blink, you blink. There's no reason for it to wake you up unless that is what you expect will happen. Make sure your dream is stable by rubbing your hands, feeling objext, doing excersize and the like. I guess if it's such a huge problem you could rub hands while you blink, that should keep the dream from fading.

Also, you should shout out "when I blink, I will not wake up" during the dream. Shouting seems to have a strong effect on LD's. Also, you could take a pill or drink something while telling yourself it will have the same effect.

And no, you're not a freak. Everyon has their own little thing that bothers them while they LD. For me, I have trouble keeping my left eye open. Not my right, just my left. No clue why. Shouting for it to open almost always takes care of it.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
King Kandy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4

This seems kind of strange... how can you be "obsessed with blinking" IRL? Don't you just do it automatically?

Current LD goal(s): Get back up to speed
Y4ZT
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: <10

My aunt blinks quiet frequently i think it has to do with people with poor eyesight and maybe not a 100% accurate perscription. im no eye dr tho

Current LD goal(s): Do the quest of the month, not fail at flying...agian....agian
Saffer
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 24

You don't even need to blink in a dream, I never do it.

Current LD goal(s): Talking to dream people
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 18 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I think what she means is that she's a bit too aware of blinking, so she ends up doing it more than usual. Maybe this happens because of poor eyesight as someone mentioned above or anything else that might irritate the eye. I used to do this

So even if you don't need to blink in a dream the urge to blink will still be there. I also suggest any kind of suggestion by yelling in the dream or even auto-suggestion before bed. If you wake up for lack of vision, you can try to rub stuff and focus on that sense and/or sound as you blink.

koawkoawkda
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Many

It's called OCD. I had that before but not that serious.

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

Been there. It doesn't matter if you blink in a dream. It's just something you got into your head. What you ought to do is to challenge the blink, and prove that it doesn't have to wake you up. And, when you wake up from a lucid dream prematurely, you can slip back into the dream easily. That is the easiest time to enter a lucid dream.

print