A quick introduction, a tip and a semi - related question.

Good evening all dreamers out there!

My name is Arthur Edmonds and I am a 3D artist and game maker. I will be 14 years old in 6 days. I work with the source engine made by Valve Corporation, and use Blender made by Blender foundation. If any of you have been to the Blender confrence, I now go there every year. ( started last year. )

Enough about me for the moment. I have recently discovered a trick. I have obtained lucidity in most of the dreams I can remember ( about 6 ) since the start of January. I have been led to believe that this is a huge number relatively speaking for an almost complete beginner such as myself.

I have a slightly strange bladder in that I feel that I need to go to the toilet waayy before I actually do. I then begin to relieve myself in my dream. I have somehow learnt to watch out for this in my dream - no reality checks - and can become lucid and stop myself before I do.

Currently I am going towards making the most of my dreams, although i’m finding it hard.

I’m not worried about that though. My actual question is if people know of any techniques to get to sleep faster? It takes me hours to fall unconscious."

Thanks for the help everyone!

Also - the forums work great on a palm treo 850.

Anyway to relax yourself generally helps. Reading something, and then in darkness, listening to music usually helps me drift off to sleep. It’s mainly a focus thing. If you lose focus, you fall asleep. Music is great because it distracts you, while reading before bed gets you tired, and in a perfect position to fall asleep. Then it’s just a matter of slipping in some earphones/headphones, getting comfortable, and falling asleep.

You can take a long and cold (not too cold, as long as you can stand the cold its good) shower (it also helps with many medical issues, its a really good thing). And the shower will get your muscles so relaxed that you will actually feel them being relaxed. That’s for the body part. For the mind part, try what Unseen said. Or you can drink something that relaxes you, like tea for example.

Hey Arthur,

I’m mostly here to say hi but this thread contains some good advice that I can use as well.
Good luck.

Kind regard,

Wow, thanks guys! This really helped. I listened to half an hour of the more soothing Gorillaz tracks, (El Manana, Rhinestone Eyes, .ect ) and a track from inception ( time :3 ) and had a cold shower. I fell asleep within 10 minutes after all the music stopped and i slid off my headphones.

Then i had a wonderfull dream inwhich my Brother and a few of his friends and I fled from my house while my Dad was driving my sister to a party, however, the dream had a reccuring theme, one that i have frequently. Sometimes i’m a parkour master in my dreams, but it’s effortless. I wish it had been lucid though.

I’m glad it helped, may it bring many LD’s. :happy: