LC 13 - TM Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probaly Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM Danilens 13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27- TM tosxyChor- winner: Rhewin
LC 28- TM Rhewin- winner: Siiw

Welcome everybody, it is time for [b]Lucid Challenge # 29![/b]

The taskmaster this time is Siiw. Feel free to PM me any questions you have about the challenge.

The LC started back in 2007, as a way to inspire and motivate people to get lucid, as well as inspiring us to do fun, interesting and thought-inspiring things in the lucid dreams. There will be points and a ranking, but most important, there will be room for each dreamer to challenge both their own individual goals and the tasks set by the taskmaster.

The winner of the Lucid Challenge wins the right to host the next challenge, and their name will be added to the list on top of this post.

Over the course of the last few LCs, the rules have been adapted to better provide an interesting and rewarding experience. [b]A couple of things have been changed in this round, and they are marked with red.[/b]
LD points: you get these just for having an LD! You do not have to complete a task to get these, so post any and every lucid experience!

Points awarded for each dream:

• You wonder if you’re dreaming. + 5pts
  • You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly (generally 30 seconds or less for most dreamers). + 10pts
  • Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. + 20pts
  • Medium/Average LD: You have what you would consider a medium size LD. This should be the average length of most of your dreams up to this point. + 30pts
  • Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. + 40pts

-If you don’t provide an average length on signup, or has never had a lucid dream before, all lucid dreams over 30 seconds will be considered of medium length.

A dream is considered a single one until you get out of bed and/or write down your dreams.

If you have your first lucid dream while the Challenge is running you will get +50pts.

As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short (5 minutes) may be someone else’s medium and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LD’ers to work hard too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you should post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.

Chaining and regaining lucidity: Every time you chain or get back your lucidity from having lost it, you are awarded 5 points. However, the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.

Task points: These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. You do not have to be lucid to complete a task, but you will earn the most points while lucid. Each task will have different ways of rewarding points, and they will be explained as each task is posted.

This challenge will focus on personal goals and creativity. You will earn points for completing the tasks as they are set, but you might earn more points if you do it in your personal style or as part of achieving one of your own goals. I can also award bonus points for outstanding creativity or spectacular solutions, but no more than 10 points pr. night and person.

So:
Any task can be attempted any number of times, however the scores are not cumulative among the same task. Only the best score is awarded for each one. (Example: You earn 50 points on first attempt but only 20 on the second. You will only earn points from the first).

For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:
+30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid; this is separate from lucid points)
+20 early points (for completing the last task active when you go to sleep)

Base idea for awarding points in each task:
The tasks of LC 29 will vary in how much it is possible to add personal touches and variations to them. Some will have more secondary tasks, while some will maybe have only one basic task. In that case, the basic task will be worth more points. The scoring system of most tasks will look like this:

1. Completing the basic task. (30-50 pts)
  2. Completing secondary tasks. (10-50 pts)
  3. Points earned per action or variation. (5-20 pts per tick)

Quest points

The monthly Quest counts as task, and awards 50 points for completion…

Personal Goal/Task

When you sign up, also give your personal task(s). That is, a task that is one of your goals for LD’ing. I will award up to 100 pts in total pr. person for completing your tasks.

[color=red]If you submit one personal goal, you will earn 100 points for completing it. This can not be repeated. If you submit several goals, you will get 100 points divided with the number of tasks you submit. For example, if you have three goals, completing one will award you 33 points.

Be careful, personal goals and average LD times can not be changed while the challenge runs.[/color]

Deadlines and calculation

I will attempt to have tasks up by 8p.m. GMT. There will be 5 or 6 tasks total, and each will be up for ten days. I reserve the right to extend time limits for any reason I see fit.

Your dreams will have to be written down to be judged, so either post them here, or post a link to your online DJ entries (preferred).

I will accept entries as late as 8 pm GMT the day after the next task is posted. The reason for this is the variation in timezones between LD4all members. You should all have 10 nights of sleep for each task.

Don’t worry about the points calculation, Siiw will calculate all the scores. (It is required, given the possibility of bonus points)
If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene. If you don’t like how I reward points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules!

As per tradition, the Challenge will be open to up to 20 participants with a minimum of 10. As long as there are spots still open, feel free to join even if we have already started.

To quote LC 27’s TM: The main aim of all this will be letting the dreamers grow in their ability to explore, use and interact with the dreamscape, plus developing confidence in their actions as well as new techniques, skills, and methods. This is more than a challenge - it is a personal adventure, that will guide you through the world of possibilities that is your dreams, growing better at this awesome and useful skill we call Lucid Dreaming, making it grow steadily, day by day, task by task.
Again, don’t be afraid to ask me anything about the challenge. I can be found in the #ld4all channel as Siiw or PhoneSiiw most of the day.

Good luck everybody, have fun, and sweet dreams! I would love to see you accomplish your goals in this challenge, have new experiences, or simply be inspired to have a lucid dream!

Sign-ups TM: Siiw :cool:

1. Wyvern [no lucid points] [have 100 lucid dreams in a month]
  2. Fate [distort the dream time] [1-2 min]
  3. Dragonmind [GILD, LD, learn to fight, extend time] [2:30]
  4. GHOSTIE11 [Revisit Ceeia] (25-300 seconds)
  5. Puce [Meet dream guide, experiment with teleportation, solve some issues] (5-10 mins.)
  6. Opolious [Fly, meet dream guide] (5 min)
  7. Rhewin [Pilot the TARDIS and get somewhere] (4-7 min)
  8. BeRightBack [Extend LD with dream clock;Have an OBE;Create and enter new dream] (2-5 min)
  9. Kenty [Find & ride a Pegasus] (15-120 seconds)
  10. Mars [Find personal LD-castle] (5-10 min)
  11. Nuevefactorial [Find out RL lottery numbers] (6-9 min)
  12. StarryGwee [Actually meet my SG] (5-10 min)
  13. Thorn [swim underwater] (5-7 min)

I’ll be participating in this one. ^^
But don’t count any lucid points for me.

I will participate, maybe it will make me have at least -ONE- Lucid Dream this month.
My goal within a dream would be to use a dreamclock to artificially prolong the dream via time distortion (eg. 1 hour IRL = 1 day in dream)

Edit: My longest LD length is approximately 3 minutes. Usually my LD-s fall into a category of 1-2 minutes.

Same goal as Fate with the dream clock. So, I’m in.

Goals to get Lucid.

1. Use the Game induced Lucid dream technique (GILD) to Inspire myself to create a game dream character through visual induced lucid dreaming (VILD) to become lucid. (Aiming for either Tails or Sonic) Add Wyvern’s emotion idea to that too, i’m gonna do it smack in the middle of getting in!

2. Lucid Dream

3. Learn how to fight and etc.

4. Use the clock to extend my time in training.

Hey, i’m training myself to train myself, awesome

U.P.D.A.T.E.

Average length of LDs are 2:30 seconds.

2. Fate [distort the dream time
  3. Dragonmind [GILD, LD, learn to fight, extend time]
  4. GHOSTIE11 [Revisit Ceeia]

Lazy people :tongue:

thank you :cool: Btw, don’t forget to post your average LD duration, or you will never get a “long LD” bonus.

2. Fate [distort the dream time]
  3. Dragonmind [GILD, LD, learn to fight, extend time]
  4. GHOSTIE11 [Revisit Ceeia]
  5. Puce [Meet dream guide, experiment with teleportation, solve some issues] [5-10 mins.]

5. Puce [Meet dream guide, experiment with teleportation, solve some issues] (5-10 mins.)

There I fixed it :tongue:

I also changed average LD length to round brackets instead of sQuare brackets to separate them from goal :cool:

Well I’ve had two lds in the past week so I think I’ll attempt this… As a task…hmm fly and meet my dream guide…average ld is about 5 mins… ( I woulda added myself but my iPad is bad with all that coding)

6. Rhewin [Pilot the TARDIS and get somewhere] (4-7 min)

7. BeRightBack [Extend LD with dream clock;Have an OBE;Create and enter new dream] (2-5 min)

I would like to participate too, and just because I won’t be able to fall asleep tonight without being able to decide if I want to participate now or not :tongue:

My dream goal is to find a Pegasus and ride him, preferably ascend above some clouds under a moon lit sky with twinkling stars at night.

I would estimate my current LD length being between 15 - 120 seconds, but I had some longer exceptions.

7. BeRightBack [Extend LD with dream clock;Have an OBE;Create and enter new dream] (2-5 min)
  8. Kenty [Find & ride a Pegasus] (15-120 seconds)
  9. Mars [Find personal LD-castle] (5-10 min)

[title]Sign-ups TM: Siiw :cool:[/title]

8. BeRightBack [Extend LD with dream clock;Have an OBE;Create and enter new dream] (2-5 min)

Boys! You ignored Opolious! Shame on you! :truit:

Rhewin, BeRightBack, Mars… you boys are all now back a spot because you ignored Opo! How could you?

/me shakes her head and truits the three again. :truit:

I don’t know whether I want to sign up yet. I should, but I don’t know yet. I probably will, but I still want to think it over.

Edit: No truiting for Kenty, since he also didn’t post a list himself.

I just copied the last poster who had the list up, I was on my phone >.<

And where are you on this list, hmmm???

I said I don’t know yet if I want to sign up. :tongue: And that gives you no excuse for ignoring Opolious!

:truit:

2. Fate [distort the dream time] [1-2 min]

I edited my post but it looks like it wasn’t noticed anymore :tongue:
My average LD time is about 1-2 minutes, 3 being the max.

aww sorry Opo! :sad:
my apologies.I didn’t mean mean to ignore you. It was an accitent. :tongue:

accepts the truiting

déjà vu… :alien:

First task: Paint the world

In a dream, everything can be changed. Everything can be painted, moved, or altered in any other way simply using your hands and your mind. Are you tired of the sun being yellow? Paint it green. Paint a tree red, and maybe it will taste like strawberries. Or why not paint the sky so it will rain kittens or cookies? Draw something in the air, and it might come to life.

The first time you change a basic property of something, you get 40 points.
Change it again, or change a different object, and you get 10 points each.

If you create something by scratch by drawing or painting it, you get 20 points.
Using something different than paint, or inventing a new tool on the spot gives 10 additional points.
If the change you make affects your dream environment, you get 20 points. This bonus can be earned only once pr.dream. For example, if the daylight changes colour after you paint the sun, you get the bonus.

This task will run until 20.april, 8 pm GMT. I will still accept signups while the first task is up, after that it is too late.

So I guess this is the official start of this LC then?

And we now have three objectives which might earn us points: This paint task, then the monthly quest of talking to an animal, and our personal objective, right?

Cheers :happy:

PS: I think it is a nice first task, because I still consider me being at the beginning, and changing the color of the dream environment is also a basic task.