Rainbow Connection

take you anywhere elevator

Author  Message 
DreamAddict
DayDream
just the colored stars

take you anywhere elevator
PostPosted: Thu 21 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

I wanna thank pasQuale for this awesome idea!
from this thread:
http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4029
She mentioned:
Quote:
i'm in a hallway with doors, it is all very clean and neat. Like elevators. There are also buttons to push. I head for the one where dm7 will be. (intent). It seems to be an elevator. It has a glass door. I have to push a button to get in. I have to wait until it comes up again so i can get in.

i push the DM7 button when i'm in THen i arrive at some kind of class, the light is yellowish white. There are young ppl in there. i ask if dm7 is there. No. Somewhere else.

another elevator kind of door with a female figure behind it. Is this DM7? I'm not sure.

Well, I think this "elevator" technique has some great potential! I really think its a wonderful idea! siiw

This is a pretty simple experiment hopefully.

Once lucid find yourself an elevator. Choose your own destination, item, or person to find. Press the "item" button and enjoy your ride to your preferred destination! 8D

If you are short on ideas you could push the "DreamAddict's favorite #" button, or the "DreamAddict's favorite color" button. I'll never tell! wink I'll wait for someone to guess . . . or discover. colgate

Once you get a chance to attempt this, post the details of your LD here.
I think this could be a "universal" method to acomplishing things. You could travel, change dreamscapes, find characters, obtain items and goods, or even time travel!

daysong
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 21 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

Wow, that sounds neat ^^ Especially for anyone who has trouble getting to different places/finding different people. If I have an LD I'll try to remember to try that smile

BioHazard
Dream Walker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 22 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

Ok I had a lucid nap after reading this.And I must say it works alot better then trying to teleport yourself.
I will be useing this alot more.

Dirk
Somniologist
Somniologist

I think, the main problem of this would be, to find an elevator. The lack of elevators is many places would maybe hold it away from getting a very good technique.

Hahah maybe it is an idea to make a small room in your house into a fake-elevator (IRL!) to always have on around in your dreams wink5 !

JJJ

Qu
Founder
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

hehe, cool idea to make this into an experiment smile

looking forward to see any results posted :D

Jeff

LD count: 8

JJJ lol great idea but also a bit humour..building a fake elevator into your house lol.

I find the door and elevator techs the best ways of teleportation..well more like portals in fact.
My book of the subconsciousness is also good for that. But is I think more difficult to do.
And with mirrors you never know what to expect..witch is fun wink
How ever i think closed eyes also can be a great way to teleport..just closing them very short and associate a place or let you subconscious choose one for you.

Good luck JJJ with your fake elevator!
Jeff

Current LD goal(s): Achieve stable lucidity; Have a conversation with myself

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
TimeLess
Timeless Dreamer
cookie lover
TimeLess has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

Hmm ok i will give it a shot, but i still think the potals work better 4 me. But each to there own hey.

Current LD goal(s): regain my nightly and focus on astral
blackeyeliner1
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 27 Aug, 2003  Reply with quote

ill try it to! i biggest goal is to have a LD from when i go to bed to when my alarm goes off...that would be awesome

BrandonBa2
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 21 Sep, 2003  Reply with quote

8D This is great, Now I just need to start my Ld's in a place with an elevator.....but not a hospital they freak me out.....

Zhade

PostPosted: Wed 24 Sep, 2003  Reply with quote

I once read this book about a girl, sleeping at her grandparents place for some time (can't remember the reason but it was only temporarily). They were playing Hide-and-Seek with her brothers and sisters (yes she wasn't alone) and she was hiding in a wardrobe. She tried to get in the back but the back wasn't comming. Suddenly she was in another world. I know a little more about it (can't remember it all, never finished the book sadblauw wished I did now tho) but that isn't relevant. It's about the idea of getting in a wardrobe and getting out somewhere totaly else. Everybody has a wardrobe at home, right? It's certainly worth a try. Maybe it'll work with other things too.

Btw, if anybody (dutch) know the name of the book, please tell me!

sage
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 24 Sep, 2003  Reply with quote

Zhade, the name of the book (in English) is "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". The author is CS Lewis. Good idea. wink

Trung Of Wu
Squirrel King
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu 25 Sep, 2003  Reply with quote

sounds neat. could be useful indeed. I will definately try next time. Goal of my ld's right now if any is to improve control and you elevator idea seem like it will have better results to end up somewhere else then spinning.

But, could this work for door too? Like, if you could open a door and find hallway of doors, and each one end up somewhere else? That is what i did in my first ld. I go up to door is strange building and say "when I open this door I will see shinta on the other side", and I open and there he is! ^.^

But something tell me the elevator is better Idea. I will use, but isn't anyone afraid of elevator?

sage
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Trung Of Wu wrote:
I will use, but isn't anyone afraid of elevator?

Elevators are safe. There's no reason to fear an elevator.... unless it's the Elevator of Death, in which case, WATCH OUT! :D

DreamAddict
DayDream
just the colored stars

sage wrote:
Trung Of Wu wrote:
I will use, but isn't anyone afraid of elevator?

Elevators are safe. There's no reason to fear an elevator.... unless it's the Elevator of Death, in which case, WATCH OUT! :D

Well, that's true . . but what a good way to conquer your fears!? grin

Park of Koryo
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 28 Sep, 2003  Reply with quote

I would think the elevator would work a lot better for most people than teleporting because it would give your brain quite a bit of time to process your next dreamscape. For example, say I'm in the suburbs, one time when I spun said I want to go to the beach and when I opened my eyes I found that I was on the beach except the same houses that were in the suburbs were on the beach too so it looked too wierd to enjoy the dream. I don't know, I for one have a difficult time closing my dream eyes period. It always seems to end the dream or mess my dream up.

print