Is it normal to dream in 3rd Person most of the time?

I have a general question to everyone out there…

I find myself dreaming in the 3rd person most of the time…maybe 50-80% of the time. Meaning I can see myself in my dream as if I am the camera man, but still control myself, like Max Payne or Fallout 3 or whatnot (bad example for non-gamers LOL).

Is this normal and will it effect me in a LD if I awaken in 3rd person perspective in the dream?

I can’t remember for sure, but I am almost sure that in my only LD I have had, I was in and out of first person and third person.

Any ideas?

Not normal for me, but then I’ve heard there’s people who dream in black and white, and people who (believe they) don’t dream at all. So… there’s probably not much standard?

I havent had so many LD in my life, but my ND are usually a lot more fantastic than other people’s, such as I usually fly and have abilities other people don’t usually have in their normal dreams (and that my other dream charaters don’t have, either!). So, I guess 3rd person (and switching to and from) fits in the same category?

I myself used to dream a lot more in third person when I was younger/little. I rarely do at all anymore, but I don’t recall ever really being lucid in such dreams because those weren’t nightmares most of the time when I was little, and those were really the only times I was lucid when younger up until a few years back when I learned more about LDs.

Not everyone dreams in third person a lot, but I guess if it’s normal for you, then it’s normal for you. (Redundancy, I know.) There really is no such thing as normal. :wink:

I also used to dream in 3rd person all the time, I really hated it though. I was told a while ago that it could be a result of excessive gaming :razz: Seems plausible. Do you play a lot of 3rd person games? Maybe you’ve become used to being portrayed in such a way.

I pretty much always dream in first person, but when I discuss this with my friends all of them says that they never dream that way, they always see the dream kind of like they’re watching a movie and can’t make any decisions… I mean, even if I’m not in an LD I’m still myself and making choices, but I’m not aware that it’s a dream. Is this really that uncommon?