2020 Vision

Sleeping positions

Author  Message 
Angth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Sleeping positions
PostPosted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

This may be a stupid question however I am new and newbs tend to have stupid questions sometimes. I was wondering if there is a particular position you should be laying down in and relaxing in order to become lucid. For the most part when I read about becoming lucid all the descriptions and accounts are in the same on your back hands to the side position. This is not how I normally sleep nor is it how I feel comfortable or relaxed (which is the first step).

I was wondering if sleep posture/positioning was of any importance and if not please do share the position you assume to obtain lucidity! smile

<mod>Moved from General Lucidness. dragon</mod>

Current LD goal(s): Gain control and find my Spiritual Guide
Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

Sleeping on your back with your hands to yours sides is most commonly used in WILD, but not necessary, even for WILD. If you aren't trying for a WILD, you can sleep however you normally sleep, and even if you are, you being comfortable can be more important. Lying on your back only brings up the roll-over signal faster in some cases.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
Angth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Thanks a lot Unseen Eye! Yea I figured comfort would be the better thing to have, however, you can never be too sure

I think I'm going to try a different sleep position tonight, who knows maybe ill have my first LD! woot woot!

Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer

Good luck! You never know what might trigger an LD, sometimes it doesn't really even make sense.

Rubiks_Cube_Man
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Rubiks_Cube_Man has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: lost count

I don't think sleeping position matters at all on lucidity unless you're doing WILD. and even then, the only thing that matters, in my opinion, is that your head is properly tilted so you don't have to swallow. If you're not doing WILD, then 100% just sleep the way which is most comfortable to you.

Angth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Thanks a ton guys smile

gamblino100
Somniologist
Somniologist
gamblino100 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 12

Rubiks_Cube_Man wrote:
I don't think sleeping position matters at all on lucidity unless you're doing WILD. and even then, the only thing that matters, in my opinion, is that your head is properly tilted so you don't have to swallow. If you're not doing WILD, then 100% just sleep the way which is most comfortable to you.
I am just wondering if u could tell me how is the best way to tilt your head when WILDing whatsthat . I find it so hard to not swallow. and why exactly is it that you have to try not to swallow.

Current LD goal(s): get onto the USS Enterprise
Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer

gamblino100 wrote:
Rubiks_Cube_Man wrote:
I am just wondering if u could tell me how is the best way to tilt your head when WILDing whatsthat . I find it so hard to not swallow. and why exactly is it that you have to try not to swallow.

Ah, the seemingly most common WILD problem I've seen. Not swallowing is only important if you can't swallow "naturally," as in, it doesn't seem forced, it's comfortable. For some people, it's not easy, for others, it's not even a problem. If you tilt your head maybe 5-10 degrees (very very little,) the saliva usually doesn't build in your mouth, and you don't notice, so it won't disturb your concentration. If you can swallow without it being forced, or you can find the right angle, you can get rid of any problems you are having. But most importantly, if you never start focusing on your mouth, the problem never arises. So do what you can.

gamblino100
Somniologist
Somniologist

Thank you, i will be sure to try tonight smile

Paulius
Carbon-based lifeform
Dream Deity
LD count: 31

Sleeping position is not that crucial to LD'ing. Although my first WILD attempt was done by me lying on my back (which isn't very comfortable position for me), I've done my 2nd WILD by lying on my side. If you don't feel comfortable in a position, change to a more comfortable one. You should still succeed.

Current LD goal(s): Have a lightsaber duel with a DC.
Angth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Unseen_Eye wrote:
Ah, the seemingly most common WILD problem I've seen. Not swallowing is only important if you can't swallow "naturally," as in, it doesn't seem forced, it's comfortable. For some people, it's not easy, for others, it's not even a problem. If you tilt your head maybe 5-10 degrees (very very little,) the saliva usually doesn't build in your mouth, and you don't notice, so it won't disturb your concentration. If you can swallow without it being forced, or you can find the right angle, you can get rid of any problems you are having. But most importantly, if you never start focusing on your mouth, the problem never arises. So do what you can.

I've had this problem!! Just appeared recently the past few nights and now I understand, thanks so much!! ^^

gamblino100
Somniologist
Somniologist

well I tried that last night and it seemed to help with not swallowing, maybe it was all in my head lol, i dont know. However I did end up having a lucid dream but it wasn't from the WILD as I woke up many hours later, it occurred natarully woo

Angth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

gamblino100 wrote:
However I did end up having a lucid dream but it wasn't from the WILD as I woke up many hours later, it occurred natarully woo

I want a natural lucid dream!!! *reads in jealousy* siiw

print