2020 Vision

Music with become lucid I think tonight is the night

Author  Message 
Angth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Music with become lucid I think tonight is the night
PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

I was browsing the forums today and like always I have my classical music on (yes I am a 19 year old kid who likes music from the piano smile ) and I realized that I always am browsing the forums and listening to this music. When I'm browsing the forums I think of lucid dreaming so is it possible that i can wear my headphones tonight when I go to sleep and possibly be thinking of lucid dreaming while I am dreaming?

Tell me what you think! I had to rush this post because I have to leave for work siiw

Current LD goal(s): Gain control and find my Spiritual Guide
BeRightBack
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BeRightBack has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 73

PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

I once tried something similar. Each time I played a specific song I did a RC and later I tried to play that song while sleeping to see if I would become lucid. In theory it should have worked, but I didn't have success with that one. On the other hand, I did have small successes by linking other sounds to becoming lucid, so I believe it definitely should be possible to do it with music as well.

StarryGwee
Meeep meep
Dream Deity
StarryGwee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 100+

Well you'll never know if you don't try! If your classical music does remind you of lucid dreaming, and the music could somehow transfer into your dream, then perhaps it might work. I think you should play the music as much as you can, so that there's a higher possibility of hearing it in your dream. Might be a little annoying, heh. Goodluck with it! ^^

Current LD goal(s): Visit: Imladris, Lothlórien, Hobbiton.
Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

Re: Music with become lucid I think tonight is the night

Angth wrote:
(yes I am a 19 year old kid who likes music from the piano smile )

That would seem odd if it weren't that I'm 15 and have the same taste in music . But in all seriousness, I have heard of people using music in their methods, and whether or not it works is varied, but overall the outlook seems positive. A great RC for when your in dream would be if you hear the music, but you aren't wearing earbuds/headphones.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
Angth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

StarryGwee wrote:
Well you'll never know if you don't try!

My thoughts exactly wink I am going to try this tonight I mean I have all the nights for the rest of my life to go standard. Might as well try the unorthodox!

Unseen_Eye wrote:
A great RC for when your in dream would be if you hear the music, but you aren't wearing earbuds/headphones.

This sounds like a great RC on paper, however, as you can see I am a newbie and I can't even remember to do RC's when I see my mom in my dreams who is currently on vacation in another country I can't count it out though I have to believe it's possible in order for it to have a chance of working!

Thanks for the posts guys! smile

Angth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Gahhh I didn't work for me neutral I'm not throwing the idea out of the window just yet, but I think I'm going to get a little more experienced with this whole thing before trying it again siiw

print