Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
JayHaze
Are You Experienced?
Somniologist
LD count: 21

Lucid Naps
PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

I've just started taking small 20-30 minute naps and I find that its easier to become lucid in them compared to hours of sleep. Yesterday I was in class and I was very sleepy. So I decide to go to sleep(I know, I'm a bad student). I thought to myself that I might as well try to WILD. I was in a dream very fast. Does anyone else have LD naps? Do you find it easier than longer sleep?

AtheneWINS
Mystic Man
Novice dreamer
LD count: 62

Yea It´s nice, It happend the same to me when i was sleeping at my friend house, in a couch and i woke up in the morning, It was kinda early, so i decided to take a nap like 10min or something. and BOOM I get a LD (I didn´t do wild), So yeah naps is nice for LD.

Current LD goal(s): .
Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

Yup, naps are a very effectice way for me to get LD's. Too bad I can't do that more often. meh

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
Ctharlhie

How much sleep do you each get at night? I find it very difficult to sleep in naps, let alone dream, because I get so much sleep each night (up to 9-10 hours).

dreamincolor
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 320

Ctharlhie wrote:
How much sleep do you each get at night? I find it very difficult to sleep in naps, let alone dream, because I get so much sleep each night (up to 9-10 hours).

wow I rarely get so much sleep in a night, I think the average american adult probably only sleeps 7 hours. 7-8 hours is as much sleep as I get a night, sometimes less.

I wish I had more time to nap! naps really are the best for lucid dreams. last night I tried to lay down for just a few minutes to WILD, and ended up just falling into dead sleep for the rest of the night. oops.

Current LD goal(s): walk through a mirror
glypheye
Truant Traveler
Astral Explorer
LD count: 130 roughly

I get like 6-7...probably avg 7 or so..try to make up for sleep a little on the weekends (bad habit, I know!)..which is the best time for napping, if I have time at all (I've got two children and work 50-60 hours during the week).

There've definitely been some nice lucid dreamlets...brief but clear...during some naps...the best of which have been in the midst of binaural beat sessions with headphones on. Currently trying this lucid dream app on my iphone which has some nice, abstract ambient music with some special kind of binaural beats (can't remember the name eh ) in the background which helped precipitate some pronounced HI with brief lucid dreamlet activity. Looks promising!

Current LD goal(s): Stay on the leading abstract edge
Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare