EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

Automatically lucid in a successfully WILD?

Author  Message 
Ajareo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 7

Automatically lucid in a successfully WILD?
PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

the title is self explanatory, do you automatically become lucid if you successfully did a WILD or it just starts off a ND until you do an RC?

Current LD goal(s): last a long time
elnaureth
Dreamsinger
Somniologist
elnaureth has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

If you successfully do a WILD, you'll remember that you just went to sleep and therefore are dreaming when you enter the dream. If you lose consciousness and end up in a dream without being lucid, it isn't a WILD.

It can sometimes help to do an RC when you enter the dream just to confirm to yourself that you are dreaming, but there's nothing magic about RCs that make it impossible to be lucid without them. (And there's nothing magic about them that makes you lucid, either, for that matter.)

BrightVoid

I did my WILD after i woke up at morning, and for me it started as ND until I automatically said to myself "dream" (because as I was falling asleep, I said the word "dream" couple times).
Just like elnaureth said, you can *probably* be lucid if you remembered that you just slept without doing RC.

Ulver
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Every time I start a WILD I'm lucid, I can't see it as being any other way. For me it usually goes like this:

I'm lying in bed, not moving at all. Sometimes I start to feel sleep paralysis set in, sometimes I don't. After a little while something odd will happen. I'll sense someone else in the room, hear someone speaking (sometimes yelling), or any number of strange things. This lets me know I'm close. After that I let the "event" pass and simply slide/hover out of bed... and just like that, I'm in a dream.

Chat Mods
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

It's impossible for you to WILD and not be lucid from it by definition. Wake Induced Lucid Dream, if you don't become lucid from the process, then you didn't WILD you simply fell asleep, perhaps with greater awareness of it, but still just fell asleep nevertheless.

If you temporarily loose awareness then you could say it was still a WILD, the process caused you to become lucid just not quite as intended, or that it was a DILD, brought on by the increased level of awareness you had from WILDing.

Current LD goal(s): Become a Dragon! RAWR!
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

GreenDragon wrote:
It's impossible for you to WILD and not be lucid from it by definition. Wake Induced Lucid Dream, if you don't become lucid from the process, then you didn't WILD you simply fell asleep, perhaps with greater awareness of it, but still just fell asleep nevertheless.

I need to disagree with you. That's the biggest mistake one can do while doing
WILD - thinking that he shouldn't wall asleep. You must fall asleep eventually in order to dream only difference is in making conscious decision on when to let yourself to fall asleep. That transition from waking state to a dream state to me feels like a second not more... So you always lose awareness for some time, even those who say that dreams form around them...

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
BeRightBack
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BeRightBack has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 73

Maybe some naturals can stay conscious through the whole process, but for me it only works when I remind myself at short intervals to check if I'm already dreaming and let my mind wounder in between. Depending on the exact moment of the reality check I become conscious while the dream forms or I feel myself slide out of bed or the dream already started. I'm never conscious the whole way. Therefore I think there's a very thin line between WILD and DILD...at least for me it's like that.

print