Author  Message 
starquin
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

Advertising ?
PostPosted: Tue 03 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

Hi Helpdesk -
I have examined the guidelines, and I have a query - There is a LD and OBE conference here in London at the Royal Geographical Society in November. I am not involved in the organising or speaking in any way; my only personal connection is that I know one of the speakers as he was my ld teacher several years ago.
I am going myself, and I would like to let other people know about it. It would be such a shame if interested parties missed it ! The speakers are very experienced, and it is a wonderful opportunity to meet and discuss lucid dreaming with others.
How would I go about letting the membership know about it ? I ask because I understand that to post a thread would be considered advertising, and although I could mention it on an ongoing thread, that might also be considered advertising and could also interfere with the thread. Here is the link http://www.archetypeevents.com/ Could you perhaps post something about it yourself, or suggest some way that I can let the membership know ? Thank you for your help.
Best regards, starquin

Paulius
Carbon-based lifeform
Dream Deity
LD count: 31

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

Events regarding LD are not something you see everyday, so it's not the bad and annoying kind of advertising in my opinion. I would personally certainly attend such an event, however, I'm far away from England sadblauw. However, there are English members here. If they read new posts on this site, they should see this. Well, enjoy yourself there wink5.

Current LD goal(s): Have a lightsaber duel with a DC.
starquin
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

Hi Paulius - That's great ! Thanks smile I hope the mods agree... Meanwhile no one has removed it anyway. Sorry you can't be there, there will be more events I am sure of it, and maybe closer to your home. I am really looking forward, and I will be sure to post about it afterwards. All the best smile

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

I cant be there either unfortunately tounge1 had been awesome to join grin

About advertising, as long it doesnt profit, is spam, illegal places then linking to other sites is no problem smile acutally LD4all has coworked with some LD sites some years ago and attended some conferences, which some Ive been in thanks to this site tounge1

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

You could for example post a topic in the Gathering, which is a members only section, and ask if any other LD4all members are going to the conference. It would be interesting if there could be a LD4all mini meeting at the conference. grin

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
starquin
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Oh that is cool Ghostie 11. I was quite worried even putting the link up in this post; freaked out by the guidelines woo All very good then, thanks smile Sorry you can't come...

starquin
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Hi Siiw - Glad to see a mod concurs ! I rest in peace now.
YES - it would be GREAT to have a mini LD4all meeting, maybe over lunch as the programme is quite full. What a SUPER IDEA !! grin Might you be going ?
Checked out the Gathering, will do as you suggest. Thank you smile

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare