RC Precursors

Author  Message 
Florestan
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Not enough

RC Precursors
PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2012  Reply with quote

I've found so many times now that I've often gotten lucid (as last night - yay!) but (also like last night - awwwwww!) immediately remember nothing else... and I was considering the possibility that - at least for me - part of the problem is that I don't have a concrete plan on what I'm going to do if I AM dreaming (when the RC brings lucidity)... so I've come to the conclusion that it may well be a worthwhile practice to have a precursor to RCs - "What will I do if it turns out this is a dream?" and answer that question BEFORE you do the RC... it's one less thing to get "lost" in - wondering what to do. I often just think "okay... now what?" and that critical thought seems to be somewhat destructive to the environment (at least for me - I've been LDing for some years, but very much on and off, and nothing more than a few minutes max as of yet)

Thoughts, people?

Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 340—19/05/21
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2012  Reply with quote

Could work. I try to have a plan that I think of before entering the dream. Like before I go to bed I think of what I would do if I had an LD. I plan it out a little. Also tasks from things like the ND and LD Challenge give me "objectives".

Current LD goal(s): Find and chat with Cardia again

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Fractalica
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 3

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug, 2012  Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea. A couple of times I've became lucid, but while I'm wondering "what do I do now?" I just lose it. It's very frustrating

Current LD goal(s): make my lucidity last more than a few seconds

print