EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

"Without a doubt" RC method, anyone else do this?

Author  Message 
LordSameth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Many

"Without a doubt" RC method, anyone else do this?
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

I wasn't able to find the reality check method I use in the forum anywhere, so I was wondering if it was something person specific or if other people are able to use it effectively.

My foolproof method for checking if I'm dreaming is pretty simple, and I came up with it during a lucid dream actually, XD.

All I do is question if I am dreaming or not. If I know 100% without a doubt that this is reality, then I know it is real.

However when I ask myself this question and feel even a little bit of doubt, I am dreaming.

I think this works because I am not using my true senses in a dream; what I see isn't with my eyes and what I hear isn't with my ears type thing, so when I evaluate myself it comes back distorted. Even the slightest bit of doubt lets me know it is a dream because in the waking world I ALWAYS know without a doubt it is real.

This has had a massive success rate, it doesn't fail for me ever, however a person does need full confidence in it for it to work.

Anyone do something similar or has honed this to be even more effective?

Current LD goal(s): To master animal shapeshifting. Success in Eagle, Wolf, and Fish~
stn

I tend to jump to conclusions, especially when dreaming. Many dreams I tested my state, looked around, thought: "No way, this is real, without a doubt."

Perhaps I'm weird, but the reverse technique really revs my lucid engine: all is dream. I can't quite put into words why it works, but I suspect it desensitizes your ego, lessens it's massive resistance to the idea it's world and to some extent even itself is just an elaborate thought-form.

*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity
LD count: 24

stn wrote:
Many dreams I tested my state, looked around, thought: "No way, this is real, without a doubt."

I did the exactly same thing in a dream a few weeks ago.
Everything seemed absolutely real, no doubt it was reality etc, and I was like "hey this IS reality, of course it is!" --- and guess what happened a few seconds later?

LordSameth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Perhaps it is just me then. I know a lot of people look for something in a dream that isn't the same in reality, but I look for the "feeling" of reality and when I find it partially absent, I just know. Hard to describe....like I am missing a sense. All my senses are there and fully functioning, but I still feel like something is missing from a dream.

Like everyone else though, I do have a good, vivid glance around and go " Seriously? This isn't real?"

I don't really have the desire most of the times to change my dreams, I usually become lucid in very calm ones where I was relaxing anyways. Becoming lucid simply means I can get up and get a latte from the free coffee booth that just opened around the corner. I am pretty dull for the most part tounge2

Current LD goal(s): To master animal shapeshifting. Success in Eagle, Wolf, and Fish~
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Hate to burst your bubble but Am I dreaming lol in the archives.
Quote:
I came into the kitchen and the light didn't work. ok I changed the bulb. Later I came onto ld4all and noticed Atheist' journal only had 5 pages instead of 7 or 8. So I looked to see if it had been split..it hadn't. The first post was there and the last post was there.

So I checked how many posts were in the continue the story thread ...there were twenty-five.
So I started to do RCs....I think I'm awake but I wouldn't bet any money on it!

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

Re: "Without a doubt" RC method, anyone else do th

LordSameth wrote:
I wasn't able to find the reality check method I use in the forum anywhere, so I was wondering if it was something person specific or if other people are able to use it effectively.

My foolproof method for checking if I'm dreaming is pretty simple, and I came up with it during a lucid dream actually, XD.

All I do is question if I am dreaming or not. If I know 100% without a doubt that this is reality, then I know it is real.

However when I ask myself this question and feel even a little bit of doubt, I am dreaming.

I think this works because I am not using my true senses in a dream; what I see isn't with my eyes and what I hear isn't with my ears type thing, so when I evaluate myself it comes back distorted. Even the slightest bit of doubt lets me know it is a dream because in the waking world I ALWAYS know without a doubt it is real.

This has had a massive success rate, it doesn't fail for me ever, however a person does need full confidence in it for it to work.

Anyone do something similar or has honed this to be even more effective?

Well if you make an extend research on LD'in, pioneers usually call your technique a "Critical question" as it is actually ^^ .

You only need to answer that question but how you will answer it is your own way. But sometimes to the question: "Am I Dreaming" you can add others such as: "Where Am I", "How Did I Get Here", "What was I doing and What I'm Doing Now", ""Where Am I Going"???

If you can answer those questions then your doubt will become a certainty...

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
puglad
The Dreammaster
LD count: 10

I'm the same way. Whenever I question my reality while I'm dreaming, I instantly know it's a dream. It just doesn't feel real.

Current LD goal(s): To improve dream recall and cultivate a lucid mindset
LordSameth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I do wonder if it has something to do with the number of LDs I've had as well, I have had hundreds of them, so perhaps it's experience that makes me able to tell the difference immediately?

I've also asked people in my dream if I am dreaming and they can tell me. Again, I can just feel it though.

I was at work once though, and looked at the clock and it was wrong, and then looked at it again and it had gone backwards so I tried a RC and confirmed it was real. Threw me right off. It was a backwards clock my boss had installed, bothered the life outta me XD. There sure was doubt in that situation.

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

I've done this a few times in dreams, but it doesn't really work that well for me and I realized now why (although I'm not sure it will be easy to change that). When I ask myself the question I look at everything logically and try to reason, which doesn't work that well as my logic is dumbed down, so even though I'm unsure if it's a dream, I'm never able to be sure that if I'm unsure it's a dream eh . Anyway, I think the trick is to focus on the feeling, because dreams usually do have a characteristic feeling! If you try to get there using reason it might not work out that well.

print