A dream in a dream

So I watched inception and I really liked the idea but is it really possible and has any one of you tried it then please share your suggestion,tips and expieriences.

Thanks

Technically, a dream inside a dream is pretty much impossible. : )

You see, when you ‘dream’ inside a dream, you still simply dream. The new dream world is just an illusion by the original dream world.

Alternatively, a False Awakening is also just an illusion of waking up.

Technically Oleg, yes, but to answer your question Gigabyte, it is possible. About a month ago i had a dream which was a non - lucid dream in which i dreamt. Oddly enough, i was lucid inside that dream! :confused: anyway, it was a very short lucidity, and i dont think that time went slower than the first dream like in the movie, but when i woke up from the dream in a dream i was non lucid again. My dreamscape while lucid was very unvivid, not like it is in a regular LD, but im sure i was lucid because i told myself that it was a dream and that i should fly, which i did. I would try to do a wild in an LD, perhaps it will work for you? i mean if you have good control i dont see why not

I’ve also experienced a dream within a dream, its not layered like in the movie, as Oleg suggests, but its still pretty cool :razz:

Technically, it might be impossible, experientially… It might be rare.

But, I’ve had three of those that I can think of.

Fall asleep from waking…
Dream…
Fall asleep in a dream…
Have a second layer of a dream…

and, here’s where it’s gets interesting

Wake up from that second dream and dream of the first dream scene that I dreamed.

It has happened to me thrice.

Well, unlike Inception it’s not going to be anything like time slowing down etc. From my own experience, it feels mostly like just transitioning from one part of a dream to another. While it might have been dreaming about a dream, nothing felt any different to any other dream. No deeper vividness or extra meaning. But that’s just my experience.

It happened, and both were lucid.
I woke up from a lucid dream, and my dead grand mother was next to me when I woke up.
I explained her my dream “I just did a lucid dream crazy !!! that was awesome blahblahblah…”
Then I remember she died and understand I just woke up from a dream in the dream.

I then left the house, yelling at the creator of the dream to talk with me. (I remembered things I wanted to test that I read in the book Lucid Dream of Robert)Waggoner)

I heard a big boom, vibrations, the world destroying (Usually, my dream world never collapse in destruction), and I woke up.
I don’t remember what happened in the first lucid dream though.

Yes I dream in a dream is possible.
It makes no sense if your point of reference is waking life.

But if your point of reference is your current reality, then yes, you can have multiple layers between your waking life and “now”.
However, I don’t remember falling asleep in a dream, just waking up.

I actually go to sleep a lot in my dreams… I don’t know what’s up with that… But as far as I can tell, at the points where I do fall asleep and have a dream, I wake up later re-entering the dream i was having before going to sleep inside it, and often either write, or tell other people about the dream I had. Though those dreams are very vague, and I don’t seem to have any control at all with them. Definately not lucid-capable, or so I’ve perceived it as. But those dreams I can truely say are nowhere near my normal night’s dreams.

I think that is actually opposite of what Inception was portraying… More control the deeper you go? Iirc?

I thought of this a lot, but was shot down as well with the idea of “It doesn’t exist, there is only ‘scene changes’” a little bummed out at first, but then I used this to my advantage.

When lying in bed, I always do the exact same thing: mantra, visuals, fall asleep. So if I wake up in my dream bedroom and don’t know that it is a dream (RC every awakening dang it! :razz:), I will do the same thing. this will lead me to teleporting straight away to the exact place I wanted to. So if I am ready to DEILD, WILD, DILD, or teleport, I have the same ritual of making myself have the same result (DILDs will give me a little different result, but still increases the chance of having one).

Hope this helps. :smile: