Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

Previous Challenges

LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM: Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM: Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM: Tundra - winner: ebil shrimp
LC 11 -TM: Ebil shrimp - winner: Tundra
LC 12 - TM: HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
LC 30 – TM: Puce – winner: Wega
LC 31 - TM: Mimmo0 - winner: Limitles
LC 32 - TM: Limitles - winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 - TM: Nicklebrick - winner: elnaureth
LC 34 - TM: elnaureth - winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 - TM: Ysim - winner: Koharo
LC 36 - TM: Rhewin - winner: HeadInTheClouds
LC 37 - TM: HeadInTheClouds - winner: Scipio Xaos
LC 38 - TM: Scipio Xaos - winner: Thorn

Introduction

Hello everybody,

I’m Thorn, and I get to bring you Lucid/Lucidity Challenge 39 as well as put an obligatory silly smiley in this first sentence! :crazy: In the interest of not taking ages between LCs, I’m starting the sign-ups quickly, so away we go!

The LC serves as a friendly competition, lucidity motivator, and reason to get angry at other LD4all members and at me. :tongue: Starting on June 11, 2007 as designed by ian1, the LC has constantly been refined over time to create an increasingly fair and fun competition. The current form of the competition lasts seven weeks from the start of the first Task, with one task each week, allowing plenty of time to incubate dreams and get creative.

The last two LCs saw a radical departure from the scoring system used in LC 36 and earlier. Both formats had their own advantages, and thus this LC will use concepts from both. With that in mind, I ask that previous competitors give the rules a quick read to ensure they know how things are going this time around. Any changes from the last LC, or clarifications that were in previous LCs but unstated, are in red.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

LD Points

You get these just for having an LD! You do not have to complete a task to get these, so post any and every lucid experience!

Points awarded for each dream:* You wonder if you’re dreaming or you have a false lucid dream (FLD). 5 points

• Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. 20 points
  • Medium LD: You have what you would consider a medium length LD. This should be the average length of most of your dreams up to this point. 30 points
  • Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. 40 points
  • Longest Dream: You break your personal record for longest LD (see details for new dreamers below). 50 points
    Everybody is requested, but not required, to provide an average length on signup (unless you have never had an LD before), and point calculating will be done accordingly. You may also state the length of each LD as short, medium, long, or longest upon submission for points, as timing LDs isn’t always easy but “feeling” the length may be. Be careful; average LD lengths cannot be changed while the challenge runs.

For those who have never had a lucid dream before, anything less than 1 minute will count as short, 1 to 5 minutes will count as medium, and anything longer will be considered long. You will not be eligible for “longest LD” points until after your first long LD.

A dream is considered a single one until you either get out of bed or record your dreams somehow (this includes notes made between dreams). DEILDs/chaining will be considered one dream unless you record notes in between.

If you have your first lucid dream while the LC is running you will get 75 points!

If you become lucid through a technique with which you have never succeeded before, you will receive 50 points. If you’re about to try a new technique, or are simply new to lucid dreaming and want to find out which technique suits you best, this is your chance. However, these extra points are not awarded for your first ever lucid dream. Please be clear about this when you report your dream.

As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short may be someone else’s medium, and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LDers to work hard, too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.

Chaining and regaining lucidity: If you lose lucidity or awaken, then use DEILD or regain lucidity without starting a new dream, you are awarded 10 points, applicable only once per dream. This has been scaled down from LCs 37 and 38 due to smaller point values for tasks. Note that the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.

Task Points

These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. You do not have to be lucid to complete a task, but you will earn the most points while lucid. Each task will have different ways of rewarding points, and they will be explained as each task is posted.

You will earn points for completing the tasks as they are set, but you might earn more points if you do it in your personal style or as part of achieving one of your own goals. Between 0 and 10 Creativity points will be awarded for each LD that attempts a task. These are subjective on the part of the TM, but awarded in small amounts so as not to sway the course of the competition.

Tasks will specify if and how they are repeatable. Note that you may have to approach the task in a different way per attempt in order to earn additional points.

For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:* 30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid; this is separate from LD points and obtainable exactly once per task)

• 20 early points (for completing the last task active when you go to sleep; obtainable exactly once per task)
  • 20 combo points (for doing a task other than the latest one for which you have not yet earned early points or combo points alongside another task)
    Unlike in LCs 37 and 38, “task” means exactly that. The early and combo point scoring is similar to that of LC 36 and prior.

Quest Points

The monthly Quest counts as a task, and awards 75 points for completion. If you complete the monthly quest after signing up but before we begin, you may repeat the conditions for Quest completion in an LD once the LC begins to get these points.

Personal Goal/Task

When you sign up, you may also give your personal task(s). That is, a task that is one of your goals for LDing that you feel merits points for being significant to you. Completion of a personal task awards 50 points, after which you may submit a second personal goal that will earn 25 points for completion. Personal Goals can only be changed after the completion of the goal, so choose carefully! Also know that lucid/combo/early bonuses aren’t awarded for completing your personal tasks.

Deadlines and Calculation

Challenges will last 7 days each. I may announce extensions at any time based on extenuating circumstances. If I haven’t posted the new challenge after 7 days, consider the task extended until 1 night after the next task is posted.

If you have any questions about deadlines, please PM me.

When posting dream info to gain points, please include the following information in your posts:* The number of LDs you had and the length of each one (please specify short, medium, or long; otherwise, I will make my own judgment based off of the length of the dream and your average LD time.)

• Any tasks completed and relevant task information (e.g., what tasks were completed and if you were lucid)
  • Anything else that is relevant for points, such as completion of personal goal, completion of current quest, chaining, and anything else.
  • Post your whole dream or a link to your dream journal; however, it is not mandatory as long as you supplied the above information.
    Be aware that while you can certainly claim “I did tasks” and not elaborate, you forfeit creativity points as well as the chance for me to read the dream and see other possible points.

I believe that it is the responsibility of the Task Master to read the DJ entries of the contestants, but it is equally the responsibility of the contestants to supply DJ entries. I will not go and look through everyone’s DJ for dreams eligible, but I will read all dream entries posted in this thread or linked in this thread.

You are free to calculate points to check your standing, but the TM is the official scorekeeper. If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene. If you don’t like how I award points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules! :tongue:

I’ll allow signups until the end of Task 1.

Please note the change in the sign-ups list. Starting with Task 2, the challenge will involve the desires of the participants. Besides your personal goal, you should supply an action you’d like to take in a dream, a setting you’d like to visit, and a form you’d like to take that can all wait until Task 2. They needn’t all happen in one dream, so don’t feel as if they must be logically connected. Try to make them things that you don’t do skillfully or routinely in LDs already (else you don’t gain anything!). Do not overlap these things (e.g., an action cannot be “shapeshift”, as it leads to a desired form, just as an action shouldn’t be “go to a certain place” or “time travel”). It would be helpful — but is not required — for you to provide an explanation of these choices in a short paragraph after your sign-up as well, as it will enlighten the other LC participants and may come in handy later. I will provide my own information as a sample sign-up.

Sample sign-up:

LC 39 Signups List [Name (Average LD Time)]

1. Thorn (5 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Meet a DC representing my subconscious
  • Desired Action: Learn to manipulate a force of nature (fire, electricity, etc.)
  • Desired Setting: The place I found at the end of this dream
  • Desired Form: Dragon

I’ve always wanted something akin to a dream guide, but I believe it’s really an aspect of myself, hence my wording for my personal goal. For my action, Koharo is an LD4all member with amazing dreams, and he’s personally good at such things, so I want to emulate him and perhaps learn from a DC of him. For my setting, I was struck with awe when I first saw it, and I believe it’d serve as a great place to build a lucid “world”. For my form, it’s like an LD4all rite of passage to be a dragon of some sort, as all LD4all IRC members know. :tongue: It’s also the very first shapeshift I ever did, and I want to revisit it.

Actual sign-ups, minus paragraphs:

1. Mew151 (10 seconds)
  • Personal Goal: Shoot fireworks from my hands
  • Desired Action: AERIAL BATTLE
  • Desired Setting: Sky, above floating circular grassy island above more sky.
  • Desired Form: Mew (see avatar)
  1. Scipio Xaos (3 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Find a Name for My Guitar DONE!
  • Personal Goal 2: Eat some food DONE!
  • Desired Action: Use my Kinetic Accelerators
  • Desired Setting: Castle Story Floating Islands
  • Desired Form: Machamp
  1. squoak (10 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Firebend
  • Desired Action: Fly some more
  • Desired Setting: Skyloft (Legend of Zelda)
  • Desired Form: Absol
  1. ian1 (5 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Fly
  • Desired Action: Bring an inanimate object to life
  • Desired Setting: This place
  1. Yev (1 minute)
  • Personal Goal: Receive useful advice from a DC
  • Desired Action: Fly
  • Desired Setting: A city along the coast
  • Desired Form: Wolf
  1. Masonc1 (5 Minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Dream Time Distension
  • Desired Action: Turning people into pretty monster things
  • Desired Setting: Great Sea, like in Wind Waker or One Piece /get the idea
  • Desired Form: Wyvern
  1. Lumessence :universe: (no length provided)
  • Personal Goal: Return to the year 5017 DONE!
  • Personal Goal 2: Find and ask the blue-jacketed, earphones girl her name.
  • Desired Action: Sprout flora in an otherwise plantless area.
  • Desired Setting: A city, or other settlement in the sky.
  • Desired Form: Phoenix
  1. Siiw (3 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Discover or create a song
  • Desired Action: Make something grow or heal
  • Desired Setting: Fantasy world (book, game, Ceeia etc)
  • Desired Form: Extended senses
  1. James_UK2008 (5 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Try and stabilise dream a bit more to extend time within LD. DONE!
  • Personal Goal 2: (undeclared)
  • Desired Action: Change a DC into another creature.
  • Desired Setting: A tropical island/jungle.
  • Desired Form: Lizard-Man (Wonderboy 3: The Dragons Trap)
  1. IkranMakto (15 seconds)
  • Personal Goal: Fly on an Ikran
  • Desired Action: Meeting with someone from IRC or DG/SC
  • Desired Setting: Park nearby argon’s house from one of my HI’s
  • Desired Form: Ikran
  1. HeadInTheClouds (1-2 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Become aware of my dream body DONE!
  • Personal Goal 2: Get superpowers and/or become a superhero/villain DONE!
  • Desired Action: Clone myself
  • Desired Setting: A cliff overlooking some water
  • Desired Form: Flip my gender
  1. paual (2 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Meet Davesprite
  • Desired Action: Consume dreamfood
  • Desired Setting: A field with flowers and some trees, with a lake in the middle
  • Desired Form: A human/bird hybrid
  1. Ecila6 (1 minute)
  • Personal Goal: Flying to the moon
  • Desired Action: Explode!!
  • Desired Setting: Dream Island above the moon
  • Desired Form: 6Alice (The exact opposite of me!)
  1. demented (1 minute)
  • Personal Goal: Spend time in Ancient Greece.
  • Desired Action: Find ommie.
  • Desired Setting: Beyond the boundaries of dreamworld.
  • Desired Form: Plant!
  1. LDbc12 (1-2 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Waterbend DONE!
  • Desired Action: Meet Peter Pan
  • Desired Setting: A Rainbow!!
  • Desired Form: Fox
  1. Koharo :yinyang: (5 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Test the limits of an ability DONE!
  • Desired Action: Hanging out/dates with dream girls
  • Desired Setting: Costal/Tropical region (Bar, fight tourney, beach, patio, event, or gym)
  • Desired Form: My anime form
  1. StarryGwee :nuu: (3.5 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Explore Valinor, the blessed realm
  • Desired Action: Sprout into a giant tree, the Telperion
  • Desired Setting: Middle Earth
  • Desired Form: A fallen leaf traveling by the wind of Manwë
  1. Catt (no LDs yet)
  • Personal Goal: To hug the one i love
  • Desired Action: To fly with wings in the sky
  • Desired Setting: Grassy ditch filled with fireflies
  • Desired Form: a cat of course :yuck:
  1. Rhewin (no length provided)
  • Personal Goal: Finally defeat Xander in the Lucid Duel
  • Desired Action: Use the sonic screwdriver
  • Desired Setting: The TARDIS
  • Desired Form: Rheccoon
  1. Faith42 (no length provided)
  • Personal Goal: successfully use a dream clock again (for dream-time extension)
  • Desired Action: listen to some music (preferably nothing I’ve ever heard before?)
  • Desired Setting: Aura (;
  • Desired Form: a superhero :spinning: namely someone like Zatanna or Hawkgirl maybe. Ooh a gender-bent Nightwing or Deadpool would be cool :3 who knows-- just a superhero (or villain maybe)
  1. Muccy (10 seconds)
  1. BrandonBoss (10 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: win a fight, not just get in more hits like normal, either KO, death, or give up. DONE!
  • Personal Goal 2: Fight zombies and don’t get bit. DONE!
  • Desired Action: fight the witch that beat me last time
  • Desired Setting: the mall with the theater
  1. Loah (10 minutes)
  • Desired Goal: Find and ask my sister what her real name is.
  • Desired Action: turn the sky into an ocean.
  • Desired Setting: on a spaceship or a space station.
  • Desired Form: a child, (5-9 years old)
  1. SlyRaccoon (5-10 seconds)
  • Personal Goal: Create a world I can constantly return to, yet have a new adventure with each visit.
  • Desired Action: Freefall from the sky
  • Desired Setting: Islands in the Sky
  • Desired Form: Raccoon
  1. mr_Block (30-60 seconds)
  • Personal Goal: Summon a DC DONE!
  • Personal Goal 2: (not declared yet)
  • Desired Action: Riding a car
  • Desired Setting: Snowy city
  • Desired Form: Iron man

1. Mew151 (10 seconds)

Underped.

Okay so my personal goal is rather a goal that is rather personal to me! Specifically, it is the advanced Task of the Month from July 2008 from a certain forum I joined when I discovered lucid dreaming. I saw this task and assured myself that one day I would do that in a lucid dream. And I still have yet to do it! During LC37, some members created a group called the “flight club” in which we incubated dreams following the LC37 tasks and met other flight club members as dream characters. Scipio said he would appear as the pokemon Zapdos at one point and I said I would battle him. So this is just an action that I desire! Though I made my desired action a bit broader in case Scipio wants to take another form. The setting I tried incubating to fly with the flight club was a grassy circular island in a sea of infinite sky. And this place is actually special to me as I tried very hard to incubate it every night, to no avail. So it is my desired setting! And my desired form is a Mew because mew is my favorite pokeyman. (And also because I promised Scipio Zapdos that I would battle him as a mew.)

1. Mew151 (10 seconds)
  • Personal Goal: Find a Name for My Guitar

Welp… As to explain my choices: I chose “Find a Name for My Guitar” as I was told I should have one for ‘her’. :razz: I really, really, really want to use my Kinetic Accelerators (fancy lucid tech). Castle Story Islands are awesome! (And it was the coolest location I could come up with. Thorn’s IRC !idea script told me to “grow two extra arms, in my neighbors house, in the form of a pokemon” so… :razz:

[quote=“Scipio Xaos”]

1. Mew151 (10 seconds)

[*]squoak (10 minutes)

1. Mew151 (10 seconds)
  1. squoak (10 minutes)
  1. ian1 (5 minutes)

[spoiler]Me personal goal, as stated above, is to fly. Though I’ve had some limited success with it in the past, It’s always been difficult for me, and I’ve never really been able to use it to the extent I wanted. Flying is very important to me, as it would give a great deal more freedom of movement for me in dreams. Before, it’s always been the case that I’m stuck in whatever dream environment I begin in. Occasionally, I’ll be able to navigate to a brand new setting, but being stuck on foot is very limiting. Flight would truly open up the dreamworld to me.

Since I’ve already flown in lucid dreams, I want to add some additional requirements to my goal so that I am able to push the boundaries of my capabilities in dreams. I want to either:

1. remain in the air for a significant amount of time. (say, at least 2 minutes)
    or,
  2. land in a different setting than where I took off from. (And I mean different. I don’t want to take off from a suburban neighborhood and land in another, similar looking suburban neighborhood)

I will only consider my personal goal met if at least one of those requirements is satisfied.

For my desired action, I chose bringing an inanimate object to life, because most DCs are just normal people, or maybe animals. I want to encounter truly surreal entities in my LDs. And I find the idea of animating inanimate objects pretty cool anyways.

The setting? Found the pic on deviant art a while back, and it definitely looked interesting. It looks to have a nice balance of natural and man-made, creating a nice, peaceful place to explore. It looks like the kind of place I may even want to revisit and explore some of the areas I missed during previous visits.

I wasn’t sure what to go with with transformation, but eventually picked dinosaur, as it seemed pretty cool. I later changed it to dragon, as it has all the awesome of dinosaurs, with the added bonus of wings and fire breath.[/spoiler]

1. Mew151 (10 seconds)
  1. squoak (10 minutes)
  • Desired Setting: Castle back in time
  1. ian1 / 5 minutes / Fly in a lucid dream, and either stay in the air for at least two minutes, or land in a different dream setting than where I started, or both.

2. Yev (1 minute)

Okay. My personal goal is to get some advice from a DC, because I’ve had a few dreams where someone tried to give me advice, but then I couldn’t remember it afterwards, or I woke up before I could get it… I’d like to actually get the advice! I know flying is a real “classic” thing to do in a dream, but I’ve never done it before, and I’d like to see what it’s like. The “city on the coast” is a place that I’ve seen in my dreams before. It’s a small city that’s located in the hills, overlooking the ocean. It seems like a nice place, and I’d like to see more of it, and spend a little more time there. And… well, I don’t really know what form I’d really like to take, but wolves are such majestic and powerful creatures… I think it would be cool to be one.

We received five sign-ups at breakneck pace, which is amazing considering the time of day and the need to give more info than usual for sign-ups! Thank you guys for all of this! Also, it’s been really cool seeing people’s reasoning for their choices, and I hope that once Task 2 and later come along, you have a chance to act upon them!

A quick reminder to people that it asks for a setting, not a location. Choosing a location is acceptable, of course! I say this because for a setting, you can also name a point in the past or future instead of a place. While I think most people will desire locations and not times, I bring it up as an interesting alternative.

If sign-ups continue quickly, I am willing to get the challenge started during midday/evening my time. I don’t want to start any earlier, as that will prevent much of our user base from seeing the post due to sleep and work. That’s already making the large assumption that people are on LD4all every day to see this, but I will have things structured to benefit people that choose to give a few minutes at least every two days or so to LD4all, so it’s just sticking with the upcoming theme. :tongue: I want to keep people social with each other for motivation! In all likelihood, though, sign-ups will slow down and it’ll be two days from now or later.

Since some people have had BBCode issues and since some people have edited their posts while others were in the middle of quoting them, here’s the current sign-up list. Quote this post to get the BBCode!

1. Mew151 (10 seconds)
  1. squoak (10 minutes)
  1. ian1 (5 minutes)
  • Desired Form: Dinosaur
  1. Yev (1 minute)
  1. Masonc1 (5 Minutes)

Masonc1 (5 Minutes)
Personal Goal: Dream Time Distension
Desired Action: Turning people into pretty monster things
Desired Setting: Great Sea, like in Wind Waker or One Piece /get the idea
Desired Form: Wyvern

I’m good at getting lucid dreams, and I have some moderate dream control, but I’m bad at making dreams last and transforming. If I make dreams last longer, I have more time to look for catalysts and practice willpower. I still want to see how dream characters react to becoming merfolk and harpies and nagas; losing feet or losing hands and seeing what they make of it. I think a Sea would be really cool, since I could change which island I visit each dream or swim or fly between them above the ocean, but it definitely wouldn’t be Earth’s sea. Choosing a Wyvern form because I just really like them, okay? But I also think the membrane tension between fingers might help stabilize the dream and be a constant reminder to the altered shape, where added wings might be forgotten as extra.

1. Mew151 (10 seconds)
  1. squoak (10 minutes)
  1. ian1 (5 minutes)
  • Desired Form: Dinosaur
  1. Yev (1 minute)
  1. Masonc1 (5 Minutes)
  1. Lumessence :universe: (5 Minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Return to the year 5017
  • Desired Action: Sprout flora in an otherwise plantless area.
  • Desired Setting: The Future?
  • Desired Form: Phoenix

It seems my desired location and personal goal go hand in hand with eachother… I’m not sure if that’s acceptable or not? I can come up with something else for my setting if need be.

This is posted from my phone, so i’ll edit and add proper formatting later.

Average length: 3 minutes
Personal goal: Discover or create a song
Desired action: Make something grow or heal
Desired setting: Fantasy world (book, game, Ceeia etc)
Desired form: Extended senses (will explain :cool: )

If you could, it would be nice. While I certainly won’t shout “NO, YOU’RE WRONG, THAT’S NOT ALLOWED,” in the interest of being fair to everybody, I’d rather not have Task 2 overlap with personal goals for some people but not for all.

@Siiw: No problem; I’ll add the formatting to the first post. I know that our list BBCode is a pain. :tongue: I’m definitely interested in hearing what you mean by “extended senses” and what sort of fantasy world you’re looking into. :smile:

1. James_UK2008 (5 minutes)

Personal goal: Try and stabilise dream a bit more to extend time within LD.
    Desired action: Change a DC into another creature.
    Desired setting: A tropical island/jungle.
    Desired form: Lizard-Man (Wonderboy 3: The Dragons Trap)

1. IkranMakto (15 seconds)

Personal Goal: Fly on an Ikran
    Desired Action: Meeting with someone from IRC or DG/SC
    Desired Setting: Park nearby argon’s house from one of my HI’s
    Desired Form: Ikran

We’ve hit 10 sign-ups for this LC less than 24 hours after the end of the last one. This is quite the turnout!

For the recent sign-ups, notice that the earlier sign-ups gave a bit of explanation after their choices. You’re not required to do this, but it may come in handy later, and it may help us learn a bit about you.

With 10 sign-ups done, I would like to know if anybody’s averse to starting soon? There’s a few people that want to sign up but haven’t had the chance, and I’ll definitely wait for these people. If many people can’t participate until a certain day, I can push things back a bit. Given the fast sign-up rate, though, I don’t want to be waiting a week or so. :tongue:

1. HeadInTheClouds (1-2 minutes)
  • Personal Goal: Become aware of my dream body
  • Desired action: Clone myself
  • Desired setting: A cliff overlooking some water
  • Desired form: Flip my gender

I’ve noticed that I am not very aware of my dream body in my lucid dreams, and I usually only see myself completely in mirrors. I don’t think I’ve ever been fully conscious of my body like I normally am IRL. I’ve been trying to clone myself from a mirror, but have been unsuccessful; therefore, I thought I would go easier on myself and just try to clone myself somehow. I read a book a few weeks ago, and it got me into the mood to do something crazy and that would give me some adrenaline. I thought it would be cool to jump off a cliff, so that is why I want to find a cliff overlooking some water. I’ve tried changing my gender in my dreams, but have never been very successful. I don’t have something in particular that I want to transform into, so I guess I will continue to try to succeed at changing my gender.

Considering that Lumessence wanted to give DC-me pink pigtails as a personal goal in the last LC, you’ll understand if I find this highly amusing. :tongue: Maybe she’ll have some advice for you.~ All accounted for, cool stuff!

paual (2 minutes)
Personal Goal: Meet Davesprite
Desired action: Consume dreamfood
Desired setting: A field with flowers and some trees, with a lake in the middle
Desired form: A human/bird hybrid

While meeting a favorite fictional character is something that has happened before to me in ND’s, I think it’d be even more awesome to be aware of how that metting goes, and consciously know what I’d be talking to him, or the things we do. I think it’d also be an interesting way to see how he’d behave in my mind, how I see him, and how my perspective of him relates to my own personality??

As for the dreamfood bit, I’ve always seen it be prepared in front of me in both normal and lucid dreams, but unfortunately I ALWAYS wake up before I get the chance to taste it, :cry:

The desired setting I chose is a place where I’d feel the safest and the most at peace, and it’d be nice to visit it while lucid, in all its vividness :smile:

The human/bird hybrid bit comes from my long lived desire for flight and endless fascination with birds (I guess Davesprite falls in this scenario too, haha), and while I’ve dreamt I was a duck before, being a human/bird mix seems more interesting

Hi paual,

I can’t say that we’ve met before, but it’s a pleasure to meet you. I can’t claim to be a huge Homestuck fan like some other people, but I’m familiar with your personal goal and wish you the best of luck. As you can tell from my avatar and dream journal, I fully endorse anything winged in dreams, so I can’t wait to see you manage your hybrid idea starting with Task 2 and later.

We have a whopping 12 sign-ups, everybody! We’re 60% full!

1. Ecila6 (1 minute)
  • Personal Goal: Flying to the moon
  • Desired action: Explode!!
  • Desired setting: Dream Island above the moon
  • Desired form: 6Alice(The exact opposite of me!)
  1. demented (1 minute)
  • Personal Goal: Spend time in Ancient Greece.
  • Desired action: Find ommie.
  • Desired setting: Beyond the boundaries of dreamworld.
  • Desired form: Plant!

My goals used to be related with dreaming and awareness. Like having a good lucid dream or getting to know subconscious. I was going to continue with similar goals, but since I didn’t managed to achieve something this way, I realized I should take different approach. Instead of trying to learn how to dream better, why not just take whatever I have and go fulfill my ‘dreams’, and see what comes up. If I think I was born in wrong time and wrong place, let’s move to right time and right place! Additionally, someone has to find OmkAR, while beyond the dreamworld*, in a form of a plant!

*There’s world of the waking, and there’s world of dreaming. But sometimes you can push a little bit further…