LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
LC 30 – TM: Puce – winner: Wega
LC 31 - TM: Mimmo0 - winner: Limitles
LC 32 - TM: Limitles - winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 - TM: Nicklebrick - winner: elnaureth
LC 34 - TM: elnaureth - winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 - TM: Ysim - winner: Koharo
LC 36 - TM: Rhewin - winner: HeadInTheClouds
LC 37 - TM: HeadInTheClouds - winner: Scipio Xaos
LC 38 - TM: Scipio Xaos - winner: Thorn
LC 39 - TM: Thorn - winner: Koharo
LC 40 - TM: HeadInTheClouds - winner: Wyvern

Introduction

Hello and welcome to LC #41. I, the amazing Wyvern will be your host this time around. Fun times ahead!

The purpose of the Lucidity Challenge is to serve as a motivator for LDs, recall (because heck, I don’t write out my dreams enough), incubation/goal setting, and above all else, to have fun! A challenge between fellow lucid dreamers and an opportunity to challenge yourself. It’s not only about winning but how you play the game. (not to be confused with The Game, of course)
I have a few fun task ideas this time around and I hope they will be to your liking. I’ve also made some very minor changes - mostly simplified - that will be noted in red.

So, good luck everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor - I mean, lucid vibes for all!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

LD Points

You get these just for having an LD! You do not have to complete a task to get these, so post any and every lucid experience!

Points awarded for each dream:* You wonder if you’re dreaming.5 points

• Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. 20 points
  • Medium LD: You have what you would consider a medium length LD. This should be the average length of most of your dreams up to this point. 30 points
  • Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. 40 points
  • Longest Dream: You break your personal record for longest LD (see details for new dreamers below). 50 points
    Everybody is requested, but not required, to provide an average length on signup (unless you have never had an LD before), and point calculating will be done accordingly. You may also state the length of each LD as short, medium, long, or longest upon submission for points, as timing LDs isn’t always easy but “feeling” the length may be. Be careful; average LD lengths cannot be changed while the challenge runs.

For those who have never had a lucid dream before, anything less than 1 minute will count as short, 1 to 5 minutes will count as medium, and anything longer will be considered long. You will not be eligible for “longest LD” points until after your first long LD.

A dream is considered a single one until you either get out of bed or record your dreams somehow (this includes notes made between dreams). DEILDs/chaining will be considered one dream unless you record notes in between.

If you have your first lucid dream while the LC is running you will get 75 points!

If you become lucid through a technique with which you have never succeeded before, you will receive 50 points. If you’re about to try a new technique, or are simply new to lucid dreaming and want to find out which technique suits you best, this is your chance. However, these extra points are not awarded for your first ever lucid dream. Please be clear about this when you report your dream.

As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short may be someone else’s medium, and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LDers to work hard, too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.

Chaining and regaining lucidity: If you lose lucidity or awaken, then use DEILD or regain lucidity without starting a new dream, you are awarded 10 points, applicable only once per dream. This has been scaled down from LCs 37 and 38 due to smaller point values for tasks. Note that the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.

Task Points

These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. You do not have to be lucid to complete a task, but you will earn the most points while lucid. Each task will have different ways of rewarding points, and they will be explained as each task is posted.

You will earn points for completing the tasks as they are set, but you might earn more points if you do it in your personal style or as part of achieving one of your own goals. Creativity points will be awarded by the TM for any dreams in which the TM thinks that someone has achieved a task in a creative way. These will be an extra 5 pts. Additional creativity pts can be given at the discretion of the TM. Creativity points aren’t meant to be awarded in a large amount, and because of the risk of personal bias, if the TM feels that the winner of the LC has won because of a score difference of 50 or more due to creativity points, then the TM has a right to issue a tiebreaker to decide the winner.

Tasks will specify if and how they are repeatable. Note that you may have to approach the task in a different way per attempt in order to earn additional points.

For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:* 30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid; this is separate from LD points and obtainable exactly once per task)

• 20 early points (for completing the last task active when you go to sleep; obtainable exactly once per task)
  • 20 combo points (for doing a task other than the latest one for which you have not yet earned early points or combo points alongside another task)

-Extended task removed for this LC-

Group Incubation
There will be group incubation points for each task. The amount of points may vary between tasks and the complexity of the task itself. However, each task’s group incubation will not exceed 50 pts. Each group is also required to post their incubation plan within 48 hours of the current task’s posting.

Quest Points

The monthly Quest counts as a task, and awards 75 points for completion. If you complete the monthly quest after signing up but before we begin, you may repeat the conditions for Quest completion in an LD once the LC begins to get these points. During the course of the LC, there may be multiple Quests posted. Each new Quest is another opportunity to earn another 75 points, but it must be completed while it is still running.

Personal Goal/Task

When you sign up, you may also give your personal task(s). That is, a task that is one of your goals for LDing that you feel merits points for being significant to you. Completion of a personal task awards 100 points, after which you may submit a second personal goal that will earn 25 points for completion. Personal Goals can only be changed after the completion of the goal, so choose carefully! Also know that lucid/combo/early bonuses aren’t awarded for completing your personal tasks.

Deadlines and Calculation

Challenges will last 7 days each. I may announce extensions at any time based on extenuating circumstances. If I haven’t posted the new challenge after 7 days, consider the task extended until 1 night after the next task is posted.

If you have any questions about deadlines, please PM me.

When posting dream info to gain points, please include the following information in your posts:* The number of LDs you had and the length of each one (please specify short, medium, or long; otherwise, I will make my own judgment based off of the length of the dream and your average LD time.)

• Any tasks completed and relevant task information (e.g., what tasks were completed and if you were lucid)
  • Anything else that is relevant for points, such as completion of personal goal, completion of current quest, chaining, and anything else.
  • Post your whole dream or a link to your dream journal; however, it is not mandatory as long as you supplied the above information.
    Be aware that while you can certainly claim “I did tasks” and not elaborate, you forfeit creativity points as well as the chance for me to read the dream and see other possible points.

I believe that it is the responsibility of the Task Master to read the DJ entries of the contestants, but it is equally the responsibility of the contestants to supply DJ entries. I will not go and look through everyone’s DJ for dreams eligible, but I will read all dream entries posted in this thread or linked in this thread.

You are free to calculate points to check your standing, but the TM is the official scorekeeper. If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene. If you don’t like how I award points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules! :tongue:

The LC will start when we have a minimum of 10 participants. There is a maximum of 20, but if we hit that many, I will allow more to sign up than just 20 for this LC.
I’ll allow signups until the end of Task 1.

Sign-up List [Name, medium length LD, personal task]

1. Mew151 - <10 seconds - Play DDR Dream Mix
  2. Thorn, 5 minutes, become Wyvern’s drawing of me
  3. ZRVera, 3-4 minutes, give a DC a good punch in the face
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  5. Scipio Xaos, 3.5 minutes, Fly with my wings again! :happy:
  6. HeadInTheClouds, 2-3 minutes, Summon Three People (and/or Animals)
  7. James_UK2008, 2-3 minutes, Shapeshift
  8. muccy, 30 seconds, do a backflip
  9. R h e w i n, 5-7 minutes, regenerate
  10. BrandonBoss: 10 minutes, have a two way conversation with something that doesn’t talk in waking (doesn’t have to be out loud)
  11. Yev, 1 minute, get some useful advice from a DC
  12. Lumessence: --, ask someone about D17
  13. mr_Block, 30 seconds, find a functioning teleporter
  14. demented: 2mins, visit ancient greece.
  15. Oleg: 1-2 minutes, enter a physical fight.
  16. Loah, 10m, make a volcano erupt kool-aid.

Tasks

1. Ride!
  2. LD4all Plays Pokemon
  3. Giving
  4. Taking
  5. Joining
  6. Direction
  7. Eat! Again!

Scores

1. Mew151: 205
  2. Thorn: 1985
  3. ZRVera: 90
  4. ian1: 70
  5. Scipio Xaos: 865
  6. HeadInTheClouds: 1085
  7. James_UK2008: 525
  8. muccy: 0
  9. Rhewin: 1910
  10. BrandonBoss: 570
  11. Yev: 60
  12. mr_Block: 0
  13. Lumessence: 375
  14. demented: 260
  15. Oleg: 200
  16. Loah: 230

Sign-up List [Name, medium length LD, personal task]1. Mew151 - <10 seconds - Play DDR Dream Mix

1. Thorn, 5 minutes, become Wyvern’s drawing of me
    I am sad that there is no extended task this time around, but it is okay because Wyvern makes fun times happen in LDs. :happy:

You have no idea how hard it is for me to punch DCs. It’s extremely frustrating. I’d love to get a few in, but I’ll be lucky to get one. :wallhit:

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.

Note: Since I have technically already flown in a dream, I am going to add some additional restrictions. For it to count, I should either be in the air longer than 2 minutes, or land in a different dreamscape than the one I took off from.

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.

Gonna keep it simple and go with my current goal.

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.

I may want to change my personal task before we begin if that’s acceptable, as I’m having a hard time trying to think of something I want to do. However, if its not acceptable, or I don’t post about it again, then my current personal goal will work just fine for me. :smile:

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.

Yay I didn’t murder the list.

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  10. Eogillig: 2-4 minutes question a dc as to why insects and spiders cause me to lose lucidity/wake up.

Alright then. Now that we have 10 people, the LC can begin this Saturday. I’ll post the first task up at 4PM EST. Sign-ups will remain open until the second task is posted.
See you all then. :happy:

I am signing up. Tis a long competition, but I need it really bad in my LDing right now.

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  10. Eogillig: 2-4 minutes question a dc as to why insects and spiders cause me to lose lucidity/wake up.
  11. BrandonBoss: 10 minutes, have a two way conversation with something that doesn’t talk in waking (doesn’t have to be out loud)
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  11. BrandonBoss: 10 minutes, have a two way conversation with something that doesn’t talk in waking (doesn’t have to be out loud)
  12. Yev, 1 minute, get some useful advice from a DC

I’ll give this another try, and see how it goes this time.

Just a post to say that eogillig had to step out of the competition because of a family crisis. Sorry to hear and hope you can join us next time, perhaps. :hugs:

Task 1 – Ride!

And so begins the start of the glorious LC #41. The first task to begin will be Ride! Ride can mean many things, a vehicle, an amusement park ride, a horse, etc. In a way, this competition will be quite the ride in itself – a race to the finish! (though, I am focusing on more of the physical definitions here. :tongue:)

1. Ride something! +30 pts
2. For every additional type of ride +10 pts (repeatable throughout the LC)
3. Be in a chase or a race while riding! +40 pts

The plans for group incubation must be posted within 48 hours, as stated previously. A successful group incubation will earn you 30 pts while a close attempt will earn you 15 pts. Participants are only eligible for these points while the task is active.

And without further ado, let the race begin!

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  10. BrandonBoss: 10 minutes, have a two way conversation with something that doesn’t talk in waking (doesn’t have to be out loud)
  12. Lumessence: --, ask someone about D17.

I guess I could use a motivator to actually exist somewhere

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  13. demented: 2mins, visit ancient greece.
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  13. demented: 2mins, visit ancient greece.
  14. mr_Block, 30 seconds, use a functioning teleporter

Group incubation go!

James_UK2008, Scipio Xaos, Mew151, and I all formed a group. We’re getting nostalgic with our Task 1 incubation and going back to LC 37 Task 1’s group incubation, which we affectionately called Flight Club at the time, by transforming at least one other group member into a mount for riding. Since there are no points for being ridden, we can’t all have the exact same incubation with this plan, so we can’t possibly be specific about who becomes what. However, there will be some sort of shapeshifting or sizeshifting involved to make a practical mount, and it’s likely that we’ll create two mounts to allow the dreamer and remaining DC to race.

I hope that other LC participants take advantage of the group incubation points too! There’s no penalty for not managing it and it’s good to have people motivate you as you try the LC tasks.