EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Do you record dreams that you don't want to remember?

Author  Message 
0neironaut
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

I try to record all of my dreams, but sometimes it does get difficult because a lot of them are replays or alterations of traumatic experiences. Those very dreams are in fact one of the main reasons I'm pursuing lucidity. So the way I get myself to record them is to remind myself that writing them down is a necessary step in becoming lucid - and each time I preserve one in my journal, I'm one step closer to not having them anymore.

Current LD goal(s): Rendezvous with my twin sister; conjure and explore the worlds from my writing
Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover
Koharo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9/7/15: 106+

nattsy wrote:
Iv never recorded my dreams, they have just been unforgettable, so no need to record them.

Nice...Both mundane and significant? Is there never a dull moment..?

4therace wrote:
nattsy wrote:
Iv never recorded my dreams, they have just been unforgettable, so no need to record them.

I think you may find that recording your dreams (even though you remember them), will cause even more dreams to occur! You are basically telling your mind that dreams are important, thus you dream more.

Yea something along these lines. Sometimes whenever I'm going through something in IRL, dreams in general don't seem as important, and I usually notice a significant drop in recall unless I'm having a series of intense or significant dreams. I tend to forget the mundane and remember the significant ones. We're also wired differently so it may vary...We are strange beings... .-.

When it comes to recording I usually record the good, the bad, and the ugly with a few exceptions. Had a few uncut V1 instances... Now the sexual detail I either label personal, vague, or cut out. Vicious moments I usually record, but a few only to some extent. Dreams or parts of them I don't want to remember I somehow tend to remember anyway in most cases.

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..
Laretta
Dream Explorer
Somniologist
LD count: Many....

Not always record the disturbing dreams, usually the "normal ones". I have a few records with really frightening dreamscenes but I try to focus on the major elements of the dream rather than recording the full scene with great details.

I only use keywords, some sentences and a very few sketches that help me to remember what happened in them (I'm a very visual person).

It all depend on your decision; but I think it'll help identify something unusual. wink5

Current LD goal(s): Perform a swan dive (Leap of Faith), fly with a glider (http://bit.ly/Sr55eU)

print