Do You Have An LD Object?

Author  Message 
Eterna
Crazy dreams, man...
Somniologist
LD count: 23+

Do You Have An LD Object?
PostPosted: Tue 22 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

I was recently watching a video on YouTube, where a guy was talking about a technique that I found quite interesting. Basically, you keep a special thing on you, that reminds you of LDing. Whenever you see it/feel it in your pocket etc you do an RC, but the tech is supposed to be more than just a prompt to do an RC. obviously the item can show up in your NDs too. I just thought it was quite an interesting concept since I'm one of those people who has lots of little Knicks-knacks that I carry around which remind me of things.

Does anyone do, or has anyone tried this?

Current LD goal(s): To get better at flying and go to a far away land!
Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 118

CALD is similar. You choose/create and object, animal or person to appear in dreams and to remind you of being in a dream.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
WasPeace
Novice Dreamer!
Somniologist
LD count: 5

Hahaa yea ! I do wear a ring that reminds me sometimes to do Reality Checks lol but in the past i was writing on my right hand "RC" in big to remind me to do RCs everyday lol x) and i remember a friend once asked me " What does RC means?" And i told him " Nah Nah its nothing !" XD lol

Current LD goal(s): Meet My CHAKRAS !
Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover
Koharo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9/7/15: 106+

Yea I've done this a few times and it is an interesting technique. I've recently started up again, this time around my object is a lighter.

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..
CaptainBee
Pirate Captain
Somniologist
CaptainBee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I don't have an object at this moment, but reading this thread has inspired me to do so. Question is: what do I use?

Hm, I think I'll go with my keys. I have a clock attached to it that I always keep with me, and I usually check it whenever I go to bed or wake up in the morning. Yeah, I think I'll go with that.

Current LD goal(s): Meet my OCs
Kaare
LD count: more than 1

PostPosted: Fri 25 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

What I have used so far was a deck of cards... you see, I am into magic card tricks and there are some card tricks you can do just casually while doing something else. I am doing these card tricks regularily to learn doing them really good. So whenever the trick I am exercising works, I do an RC. It's probably not a very good technique, but I was able to induce a DILD once, so it can't be too bad of a technique.

DrTechnical
Out of the Box
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1800+

PostPosted: Fri 25 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

A somewhat related idea, though not what you mention.

I am in the habit of engaging in a very specific WBTB ritual and putting out a specific object IRL, prior to a LD attempt. This serves to program the mind on a SC level that it's "lucid dreaming time".

Current LD goal(s): Learning to speak dream, back to my dreams
Eterna
Crazy dreams, man...
Somniologist
LD count: 23+

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Letaali, I suppose it's similar to CALD, but at least you have something physical there, rather then something that's just in your mind. My memory isn't great, so CALD never worked for me.

Dr. technical, I like your idea. I always try to keep my WBTBs the similar for the same reason. That's why I usually do techs while on my back also, since I'm only in that position when getting ready to LD. maybe I should try putting an object out too.

WasPeace, I was thinking of using a ring too, but as a jewellery-obsessed person I'm forever changing rings! ^^ I'm thinking of using a necklace though...

Current LD goal(s): To get better at flying and go to a far away land!
WasPeace
Novice Dreamer!
Somniologist
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Yea a neckless is right too ! Also Before i tried to do reality checks when i looked at commun stuff i see in the real life... Like everytime i see a car i do it or when i look at the sky i do an other on but i gived up this technique lol was doing RCs every 10 seconds lol.
But a coin or something small that you can put in your pocket can be a good thing smile

Current LD goal(s): Meet My CHAKRAS !
En'enra

LD count: 8

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

I have an item which is not on me right now, but I'll get it in a week. It's a little toy from Kinder Surprise, which I had since I was a child. Basically, I knew that if that toy is on my desk and I can grab it, I'm not dreaming, but in my dreams it's usually not on the desk and it's often walking around on its own.

Current LD goal(s): Achieve stable lucidity; Have a conversation with myself

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
0neironaut
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

I haven't tried that, but it's a really interesting idea and it sounds like it could work.

I'd like to give it a shot, but I'm having trouble deciding what to use for the object. I would use my pocket knife or my notepad, but I'm already used to carrying those things everywhere, and even though I also sleep with them on me, they still don't typically show up in my dreams. I have a hunch that's because I'm not always wearing the same clothes in dreams and don't always dream I'm the same person. So it would probably be better to have an article of jewelery, a piercing, or something else more "attached" to my form. I have some peculiar-looking scars that I use to remind me to do RCs while awake, but I've yet to see them appear in my dreams (probably because I'd really like it if they weren't there). I'm not fond of the idea of getting a piercing either, and jewelry is rather pricey for a NEET like myself. Sure, you could get a cheaply-made ring, but if you're going to wear it around everywhere constantly, wouldn't you want it to be nice?

Current LD goal(s): Rendezvous with my twin sister; conjure and explore the worlds from my writing
Transcender
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 54

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

I had an antique pocket watch I would carry with me to remind me to RC- it did not work for me, however, I've heard of others using this technique efficiently.

Current LD goal(s): Understanding Illusions
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

En'enra wrote:
I have an item which is not on me right now, but I'll get it in a week. It's a little toy from Kinder Surprise, which I had since I was a child. Basically, I knew that if that toy is on my desk and I can grab it, I'm not dreaming, but in my dreams it's usually not on the desk and it's often walking around on its own.

That's cool! smile

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#

print