LD4all Quest 98: February: Groundhog Day

LD4all Quest 98: February: Groundhog Day
Author: Tggtt

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Groundhog Day

Okay, campers, rise and shine! Don’t forget your booties because it’s cold out there today. You can expect hazardous travel later with that blizzard thing.
Blizzard thing?
The National Weather Service is calling for a big blizzard thing.
They are. But there’s another reason why today is especially exciting.
The big question on everybody’s lips:
Do you think Phil will come out and see his shadow?

It’s February, and if you don’t know, February 2nd is the Groundhog day, which became worldwide famous because of the timeless and several times replayed movie.
The movie was famous for its smart time-looping characteristic. Regardless of what the protagonist did, he would wake up at the same time on the same day over and over again.
Could you wake up in a dream and replay the same happenings as well?

This time I propose a different and challenging quest…
I am sure you will find it worth repeating!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings:

• Get a FA and experience it.
  • Get another FA and replay the same dream!
  • You have to be lucid during the second FA.

Isn’t it different? You just need to be lucid during the second FA.
Enjoy it! That was exactly what you would expect from the also called FA master!

Notes:

• You don’t need to incubate the place itself, the main goal here is to reset the dream and it has to replay the same plot;
  • You must be lucid during the second FA; (at least during FA number n, n is the number of FAs)
  • The second FA must replay the plot of the first and share the same dream scenario; (or the FA number n-1, n is the number of FAs)
  • You may be lucid in both but it is not mandatory;
  • You must provide information showing that the plot was actually repeated: i.e. how DCs repeated their actions and/or how the radios and televisions repeated broadcasting;
  • You must dream both FAs on the same day but they don’t need to be immediately consecutive.

Optional:

• Reexperience the dream more than once.
  • Meet the groundhog;
  • Tell us if it has seen its shadow;
  • Try to convince a DC that you know what is going to happen;
  • Try something really dangerous in the dream, such as kidnapping the groundhog (people who have watched the movie will understand);
  • Visit Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania (or Woodstock, Illinois.);
  • Get stuck in the middle of a blizzard;
  • Listen to the radio’s DJs by using the alarm clock and write a DJ entry about it;
  • Predict the future (and forecast the weather);
  • Act as a news reporter;
  • Help the homeless;
  • Help an old woman by changing a flat tire;
  • Drive a car on railroad track;
  • Save a boy from falling;
  • Save the life of a choking person by performing the Heimlich maneuver;
  • Make an ice sculpture;
  • Play piano;
  • Use it to improve yourself!
  • Smash the alarm clock.

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will give wings if you think you should have them; the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give wings to everyone who asks for them at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for Completing this Quest

• During your incubations imagine the dream plot as well, so it would be easier to reset to the same plot;
  • If you have trouble resetting the dream, get back to a bed during a LD or use spinning to induce an FA. You can even try to WILD during an LD to induce an FA! Some dreamers claim this creates really stable LDs!
  • Set your alarm clock to play “I Got you Babe” by Sonny and Cher;
  • Watch the movie (Rotten Tomatoes/IMDB);
  • Read the wiki.
  • Wake up at 6 am every day!

Post in here to keep us all updated on your progress and whether or not you think you completed the quest! Finally, remember to have fun! Take advantage of the situation and tell us your story!

Now it’s time to get working on your wings! Go for it! :content:

Trivia:

SPOILER - Click to view

Thanks to moogle and Eilatan for approving the idea, I didn’t expect it to be accepted, I had actually posted it as a crazy idea.

I had suggested it mostly because I have many FAs and I really like the movie because it really seems to reference it. I really hope it encourages people to try the quest, as it’s different and challenging.

I had more animated gifs but it got too long to download, so I removed about 1/3 and resized the rest.

This month I have said: Monthly Quest! Got you, babe! No, not really. :wink:

Well… writing it was surely tiring. It was the end of a very long day.

One last reminder: Don’t drive angry!

THIS IS AN AWESOME QUEST IDEA.

That said, I’ll try it :smile:

Thanks, and happy Groundhog day.
(It’s still February 2nd in Punxsutawney, at least when I wrote this… I believe it won’t be February 2nd tomorrow… :eh: )
Today, Punxy Phil has seen his shadow yet again.

SPOILER - Click to view

For the records, I tried this quest on 2015-01-02 and 2015-01-05. I had succes in the latter.

I hope comments arent minded. Im new here and just checked out the quest as I had been planning to give it a go but no way will I be doing the above due to a past experience with that, due to one of my most scariest experiences was that.

I once had a false awakening which went on for about 45mins dream time. I then woke up “again”… but into another false awakening … another 45 mins doing all the stuff I did before (I was doing my normal morning life stuff, breakfast, dishes, housework)… then I suddenly realised I was dreaming.

I then woke up again same thing. This whole situation with me waking up and thinking each time I was awake for real so doing all the normal morning boring stuff went on and on and on (I felt like I’d truely done the dishes for 5hrs due to doing them so many times). I had about 9-11 FA straight, each of almost 1hr dream period.

By the end of this it had got very scary, felt like I was going to go crazy, felt like I was going to be stuck in repeat forever… I was trying so hard to break free of the FA but it would just happen again. (my reality checks were failing)

When I finally woke up for real, I didnt even believe I was awake and thought it was another FA. It took me 5-6 hours before I could truely believe I’d really woken up. I could of jumped out of a window and killed myself due to thinking I was still dreaming. The whole thing really messed up my head that day.

Best luck with anyone doing this Groundhog Day challenge, I hope noone gets truely stuck. Its extremely scary.

Hello sea-dove!
Thanks for checking our monthly quest.

Yes, some dreams can be really scary… but this meant to be a challenge for every LDer who wants to test their abilities. The reward is getting these wings under your nickname.

If you don’t like the current quest or find it scary, you can just wait for the next month!
You can also browse the previous quests if you want to check for more ideas for what to do in your LDs. However, you can only earn wings for completing the active quest.

Also, we do not commend suicidal ideas here.

Good luck and happy lucid dreams.

DATE OF DREAM: 2/10/2015 6:55 AM

Woke up into the first FA from a normal dream. Went to check my computer and it was dumping some ASCII message of a sword, and it was moving down the screen, which I interpreted as the virus executing.

I started to panic and then I woke up from that FA into my bedroom. I go back to my ‘real’ computer and make sure it’s OK, but then it starts to act funny as well. It started to lock up and show funny glitches on screen. I was thinking how the previous dream/FA predicted this, thinking it was a PRECOG dream of some sort.

I then had a funny feeling in my gut, so I walked over to the nearby wall and stuck my hand into it, it went through and I knew I was in a second FA! I was now fully lucid so I went off exploring more dreamscapes.

Fellow dreamers!

It is almost over! Remember to post your dream if you believe that you have concluded this quest!

And remember to have fun!

I watched Groundhog day for the nth time last night and it’s still good. :spinning:

Congrats OmkAR, Qu will give you your wings when she has a moment. :thumbs:

The monthly quest for March is now available.

Congratulations, OmkaR! :boogie:

Congrats OmkAR!