Lucidity Challenge 49 - winner: drd!

[title]Lucidity Challenge 49[/title]

The Lucidity Challenge (LC) is a fun and competitive series of tasks that challenge your dream control abilities. It serves as a motivator to keep up good lucid dream practices. Whether you you have LDs every night or are trying for your first one, the LC is a great way to get more out of your dreams. If you just want to have fun, or if you’d like to explore deeper into your dream world, this is the place for you!

Tasks
Task 1: A Dream of Thrones
Task 2: Treasure Island
Task 3: Nights of Future Past
Task 4: Party

Final Scores

Current Scores
Scores

Links to Previous Challenges
[size=84]LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM: Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM: Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM: Tundra - winner: ebilshrimp
LC 11 - TM: ebilshrimp - winner: Tundra
LC 12 - TM: HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Shadow Dreamer - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
LC 30 – TM: Puce – winner: Wega
LC 31 - TM: Mimmo0 - winner: Limitles
LC 32 - TM: Limitles - winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 - TM: Nicklebrick - winner: elnaureth
LC 34 - TM: elnaureth - winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 - TM: Ysim - winner: Koharo
LC 36 - TM: Rhewin - winner: HeadInTheClouds
LC 37 - TM: HeadInTheClouds - winner: Scipio Xaos
LC 38 - TM: Scipio Xaos - winner: Thorn
LC 39 - TM: Thorn - winner: Koharo
LC 40 - TM: HeadInTheClouds - winner: Wyvern
LC 41 - TM: Wyvern - winner: Thorn
LC 42 - TM: Thorn - winner: Wyvern
LC 43 - TM: Rhewin - winner: drd
LC 44 - TM: Thorn - winner: drd
LC 45 - TM: obfusc8 - winner: Thorn
LC 46 - TM: Thorn - winner: obfusc8
LC47 - TM: Mew151 - winner: Rhewin
LC48 - TM: Rhewin - winner: probably obfusc8
[/size]

[color=red]important changes in red[/color]

Challenge Structure

The LC will consist of [color=red]four lucid dreaming tasks[/color] that are each posted seven days after the previous one. Each task will be broken into many subtasks that are each worth points, and each participant will attempt to accrue as many points as possible via finishing the subtasks in lucid dreams and normal dreams, having long lucid dreams, cooperating with teammates, and other means. [color=red]After four weeks, the LC will end[/color] and the participant with the most points wins! He or she can host the next LC if he or she chooses; if not, hosting rights go to second place, and so on and so forth until a host is found.

Scoring

For the most part, you’ll see the points awarded for your actions right on the score pages. For those of you who want the fine details, open up this length-controlling spoiler.

The scoring system includes a high amount of subjectivity and many ways of earning points. This means that each participant can challenge himself or herself appropriately by choosing which points to attempt to earn and by reflecting differently upon his or her own lucid dreams from the past when making dream length and personal goal decisions. Points will be awarded as follows; this is lengthy for the sake of covering exceptions to rules, so it’s less complicated than it looks!

• Lucid Dreams and Induction Methods[list][*]You get [color=green]5 points[/color] if you wonder if you are dreaming but do not become lucid.
  • You get [color=green]20[/color], [color=green]30[/color], [color=green]40[/color], or [color=green]50 points[/color] for a lucid dream you would consider short, medium-length, long, or your longest ever (respectively) based on lucid dreams you have had in the past. If you are entering the LC without any past lucid dreams, note that you will get [color=green]75 points[/color] for your first lucid dream and that your length scale from your second lucid dream onward will be Short ≤ 1 minute < Medium-length ≤ 5 minutes < Long < Longest.
  • You get [color=green]50 points[/color] for becoming lucid through an induction method for the first time ever as long as the dream is not your first lucid dream ever. Note that I reserve the right to declare slight variants on methods as “not new” if nothing substantial is introduced.
  • [color=red]Regaining lucidity. If you lose lucidity and regain it in the same dream, you get a one-time bonus of[/color][color=green] 5pts.[/color][color=red] To be clear, these points are for regaining lucidity, not for waking up and chaining back into a dream.[/color]
  • [color=red]Chaining/ DEILD. New ruling, since it became pointless to practice these techniques. If you wake up but then chain or DEILD to extend a lucid dream, count them both as a single lucid dream of the appropriate length. You get a one-time bonus of [/color][color=green]5pts[/color][color=red] for extending your dream using these techniques. Chaining multiple times (however impressive it is), will only reward you with 5pts. If you do not fall straight back to sleep or if you get up to write notes in between dreams then the chain is over.[/color]

[/:m]
[
]Actions Within Dreams

• You get [color=green]the listed amount of points[/color] for completing a generic subtask or a subtask designed for your team.
  • You get [color=green]half of the listed amount of points[/color] for completing a subtask designed for teams other than yours.
  • You get [color=green]30 “Lucid” points[/color], applicable once per task, for completing a subtask while lucid.
  • You get [color=green]20 “Early” or “Combo” points[/color], applicable once per task, for completing a subtask within a week of it being introduced or for completing a subtask alongside a subtask from another task, respectively.
  • [color=red]You get 40 “Team-Up” points applicable once per task, for completing a subtask with the help of, on, or with any other LC participant by summoning them in your dream.[/color]
  • You get [color=green]75 points[/color] for completing the LD4all Monthly Quest while lucid, applicable exactly once per Quest. If you complete the Quest active at the start of the LC before the start, you may “complete” it while lucid during the LC while it is still the most recent Quest to earn the 75 points.
  • You get [color=green]100 points[/color] for completing a personal goal that you set in your sign-up post (see Sign-Ups for an example) while lucid, and [color=green]25 points[/color] for completing a second personal goal that you may pick after completing the first one while lucid. You may not change this goal before completing it once the LC starts, so choose wisely.
    [/*:m][/list:u]

When you claim points, please be sure to state the length of any lucid dreams you are claiming, which actions you are claiming for points, and which actions were done non-lucidly and lucidly. I highly suggest linking your dream journal or describing relevant parts, as this allows me to judge your point claims accurately, award creativity points if applicable, or find points that you may not have known you could claim.

You are free to calculate points to check your standing, but I am the official scorekeeper. If you feel that I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct the scoring. We’re all here to have fun, so if I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene in public. While it sounds childish to say it, it’s been a longtime LC rule: if you don’t like how the hosts award points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules!

Teams
[color=red]When you sign up please choose one of the following teams. You will remain on this team for the full duration of the LC, so pick carefully.[/color]

[color=blue]SKY RANGER
Calling all the adventurers, the scouts, the masters of the wild and unforgiving dreamscape. Versatile and fearless, rangers complete tasks by any means necessary. Expect physical challenges, exploration and action. If you’re not into transformations and magic but are looking for some excitement, adventure dreams or just investigating your dream world this is the team for you.[/color]

[color=green]NIGHT DRUID
The guardians of all things natural. They create, change, nurture and of course, transform their bodies into whatever the situation calls for. Expect tasks that require transforming yourself and manipulating existing dream objects or people into what you need. Yup, the transformation team is back. [/color]

[color=purple]SPACE MAGE
Magi make stuff happen by willpower and their mental mastery. Do you like throwing spells around and bending the dreamscape to your will? Sounds like you’re a wizard! But don’t get hung up thinking about your classic fireball throwing RPG wizards though, also remember that ‘Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.’(Arthur C Clarke) If you’re smart enough to make electricity-bolt firing arc guns or suitable tech to complete a task, that works for me too. You are SPACE wizards after all![/color]

Sign-Ups

The LC will start after we have at least 10 participants. As the TM lives on that small crazy island called the United Kingdom, expect tasks to be posted around Friday lunchtime for the GMT timezone. If that happens to be in the middle of the night for you, don’t panic. You can always read the tasks during your WBTB, just don’t spend too long staring at a screen - it can mess with your ability to fall back to sleep!

When signing up, please quote the sign-up list from the most recent post containing it and add your entry to the bottom of the list. Your sign up should include your username, team and your personal goal worth 100 points when completed. After the list, you are invited (but are not required to) say a bit about your motivations for lucid dreaming.

Signups

1. Thorn—NIGHT DRUID—Visibly and tangibly increase in musculature
  2. Oleg — Sky Ranger — Establish consistency and recurring elements… (And if not that, how about I just go to space, or something?)
  3. Mew151 —SPACE MAGE—Play DDR Dream Mix
  4. James_UK2008—NIGHT DRUID— Transform self into Predator
  5. Letaali—SKY RANGER—Visit the frozen planet
  6. Koal44—SPACE MAGE—Open a dimension door and go through it
  7. Jer - Sky Ranger - Fly out into outer space.
  8. Scipio Xaos - SPACE MAGE - Say hello to Cardia again. It’s been a while.
  9. footballfreak - Space Mage - Talk to an animal or plant about their life experience
  10. CornBrick(Coast) - Space Mage - Conjure a suit of armor and a sword
  11. AWE - Space Mage - effect the physical body through a lucid dream.
  12. drd - Space Mage - Fire a mouth laser
  13. Susan_Y - sky ranger - see a tree or the sky
  14. sea-dove - sky ranger - talk to my tulpa Jesse in a dream

A few more notes: I will read any dream journal entries you want me to read. Feel free to post dreams here or in your DJ. However, I will have a lot to read, so I will only read your DJ posts if you link them here. Also, if you do link a DJ post, please also summarize what you did for the LC in words.

Good luck to everyone.

Lucidity Challenge 49 Signups (Name - Team - Personal Goal)

I didn’t plan to jump on the transformation team again so soon because the last LC already saw me becoming a magical vampire werewolf cyborg in only three tasks, but since Rhewin didn’t post the last two tasks of LC 48, I’ll have to continue becoming something crazier on my own! I really do want to do stuff from the other teams as well, though!

My personal goal is designed to make me really focus on how a transformation feels while using the type of transformation I’m naturally good at—big things, such as dragons. I feel that a focus on the experience of a transformed body will help me with my true lucid dream goal of turning into my usual LD4all avatar (before it wolfed out for LC 48 :tongue:).

So given that we have rangers, mages, and druids, is there a tabletop RPG campaign accompanying this LC? I’m all for meeting up on roll20.net for this game that probably doesn’t exist. :smile: (Hey, it’d be a nice replacement for the host-self-insert fanfic of the past few LCs if the participants started shaping the story themselves with d20s, haha!)

I’ll try to actually attend this time rather than just wasting worthwhile space.

2. Oleg — Sky Ranger — Establish consistency and recurring elements… (And if not that, how about I just go to space, or something?)

As for my PT, I was thinking along the lines of — establish consistant, recurring dreamscape, with consistant, recurring DCs and… more consistant, recurring things?

Woo, I’m back! This is the first LC I’ll be actually participating in this year! Hopefully I’ll get all my motivation back?!

Anyway, I am a SPACE MAGE because I like both SPACE and MAGIC. What other reason do I need? :grin: Spaaaace!

Oh, and also I’m going to continue working on the goal I’ve been working on for quite some time now. Wait, was I supposed to put “Hulk Out” as my goal? It’s very important to me despite how basic it sounds. I need to see this through all the way to the end.

In a previous LC I tried to take a break from my goal and changed my personal goal to something different. I noticed that it wasn’t a good idea. I have been thinking about revisiting that planet for 2 years and my mind tends to gravitate towards it. I have to do it.

I chose team sky ranger, because I love exploration and adventure. However, if I had completed my goal before this LC, I would have chosen the transformation team. I have no strong feelings towards the third team.

That’s a very cool idea, but it’d take quite a bit of prep… if only I’d thought of that a few weeks ago. We’ll see how long signups take and whether I get time to come up with something decent… :cool:

Love the personal goal, as it’s something I’m trying too. Sounds complicated though! :content: Up to you how ‘persistent’ it needs to be for you to complete it, of course, you could make it as simple as revisiting a location from a previous dream, or having a dream plot continue from an earlier LD, etc.

And @Mew151 - welcome back incubation master! :bow:

Well, shoot. If I’d known you’d take me seriously, I’d’ve signed up for the mage team… and then just ported my polymorphing sorcerer from a Pathfinder campaign I’m in to get all of the druid stuff too. :smile: I don’t know about whatever game you play, but Pathfinder’s sorcerers can grow and shrink themselves and others at Level 1 via spells while Level 1 druids are just beginning their bonding with bunnies. :tongue:

I think we all want this, really. I just never thought I had enough LDs to not have my NDs outweigh it, so I never got started. That said, I’m on an LDing hot streak now and might give it a go if it keeps up, so good luck to everybody attempting this sort of thing. :smile: [size=17]The LC needs to start before this hot streak inevitably goes away! I’m begging you, please![/size]

C’mon, people, sign up! Don’t act like you haven’t had a break since the last LC, as that reason won’t fly this time! I need competition, dang it!

I’d prefer it if it wasn’t something simple as that, really, but I’m also not going for something super complicated — where every crack and brick remain exactly the same. As for revisiting a location, I already absentmindedly did that (first I was in a house in a ND (a house I do not recognize as something in irl), then I was outside supposedly the very same house in a LD…) If I can do that but more, then yay. As for DCs, I have my ideas on who could easily be part. Preferably they’d be people who dont exist in the real
world, as to seperate the two. Like that one planet I visited. Blah blah blah. Typing on a phone is such a pain.

I just like to mention that I did 2 LD tonight and in one of them I dreamed of Sea dove and obfusc. We were a bunch of people meeting for the opening of the 49th LC. Obfusc was busy talking to someone so Sea dove did the opening speech (in german but then I told him to speak english hehe).
Crap this won t make me earn any points… :happy:

1.Thorn—NIGHT DRUID—Visibly and tangibly increase in musculature
2.Oleg — Sky Ranger — Establish consistency and recurring elements… (And if not that, how about I just go to space, or something?)
3.Mew151 —SPACE MAGE—Play DDR Dream Mix
4.James_UK2008—NIGHT DRUID— Transform self into Predator
5.Letaali—SKY RANGER—Visit the frozen planet
6.Koal44—SPACE MAGE—Open a dimension door and go through it

Count me in! The last LC was my first one, and I found it really motivated me to invest more time LD ing.

So I’m going with SPACE MAGE cause it sounds like the one of the three teams I’d most like to participate in right now. It was a tossup with the NIGHT DRUID one, but I think I’d rather be doing some magic. :razz:

And for my personal goal, I’ll be looking for a recurring DC and try to have another chat with her. :smile:

Eh… You know what, nevermind. Quitting now.

:bambi:

9. footballfreak - Space Mage - Talk to an animal or plant about their life experience

Mental abilities is what I’d like to work on, which is why I chose the Space Mage team. Very excited about this Challenge!

Haha nice, though Sea dove is a woman IRL I think!? :razz:

@Oleg: :bambi: +1.

And welcome to the other recent sign ups. I’m about 98% set and ready to rock, baring a few little tweaks to task descriptions. So when we get the last few sign ups we’ll be good to go.

Beh. never mind. I won’t quit.

Really, the entirity of the LDing just feels like disappointment after disappointment and I just dont have the willpower to keep it up without some sort of end goal to work towards to… But then that’s what the LC is for, so oops?

Edit: Also whoops to fall back on frustrarion and disappointment and then not realise them as potential causes for failure. Like seriously, I’m dumb sometimes.

10. CornBrick(Coast) - Space Mage - Conjure a suit of armor and a sword

Initially I wanted to try Lucid Dreaming out of pure curiosity and because I thought it’d be a bit stupid not to take advantage of this amazing side effect of the way our brain works. Later on I discovered that LDs can offer a lot more that just pure fun, and then I stumbled upon an extremely important goal, that of meeting a particular DC. And so I must push onwards until my wish is fulfilled, for to spend time with this person would mean to spend time in the best way I can currently imagine. It is therefore my duty to myself to give myself the gift of godhood and to enter the realm of which I am the rightful king: the realm of my own mind.

Ok we’ve hit the 10 signups! :smile:

The challenge will start on Friday 15th May 2015 13:00 GMT!

for me lucid dreams started as the “just for fun” reason, after investigating it further i found out how much potential lucid dreaming possesses, from actually learning to be awake that third of your life you spend sleeping and close the circle, to using that time to learn tasks you can preform in waking life and further into things im investigating right now such as my personal goal.

right now im really into my personal task more than the LC itself so i wont be as active as last time, just letting you guys know.
i chose Space Mage team since a lot of times im having trouble conjuring in my dreams things like swords and powers, although last LC i did manage to use electrokinesis… but theres still work to be done! oh yes and i love Magic and space of course!
im getting the feeling there are too many Space Mage people, so if its a real problem i can move to the Night Druid since they also deal with changing things in dreams, if that helps, worst case ill just go for the Space Mage tasks and get less points.

seriously !?!? how did you plane to go about that!? sounds interesting!

ahh Thorn im glade youre here! for me that task from the last LC of kicking your avatar’s ass still remained ^^

OMG! we have a member that is 151 year old! xD

Letaali is that frozen planet you keep wanting to visit from somewhere? is it specific or do you just want to go to some frozen planet?

like it! sounds great!