Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

Red text denotes changes to the rules from previous LCs.

Previous Challenges

LC 1 — TM and initiator: eMander (formerly ian1) — winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC 2 — TM: Magnus — winner: Q
LC 3 — TM: Q — winner: Bravsein
LC 4 — TM: Bravsein — winner: WritersCube
LC 5 — TM: WritersCube — winner: dimsya
LC 6 — TM: dimsya — winner: Queen SD
LC 7 — TM: Ysim — winner: Mugiwara
LC 8 — TM: Mugiwara — winner: Ysim
LC 9 — TM: Ysim — winner: Tundra
LC 10 — TM: Tundra — winner: ebilshrimp
LC 11 — TM: ebilshrimp — winner: Tundra
LC 12 — TM: HebrewB — winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 — TM: Blue&White — winner: relV
LC 14 — TM: relV — winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 — TM: GHOSTIE11 — winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 — TM: Danielns13 — winner: rkr7
LC 17 — TM: Angelmouse — winner: pasQuale
LC 18 — TM: Magnus — winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 — TM: Amaryllis — winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 — TM: Dryalantha — winners: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 — TM: Shadow Dreamer — winner: probably Wyvern
LC 22 — TM: Danilens13 — winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 — TM: tosxyChor — winner: Wyvern
LC 24 — TM: Wyvern — winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 — TM: Rhewin — winner: Solaris
LC 26 — TM: Solaris — winner: Rhewin
LC 27 — TM: tosxyChor — winner: Rhewin
LC 28 — TM: Rhewin — winner: Siiw
LC 29 — TM: Siiw — winner: Rhewin
LC 30 — TM: Puce — winner: Wega
LC 31 — TM: Mimmo0 — winner: Limitles
LC 32 — TM: Limitles — winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 — TM: Nicklebrick — winner: elnaureth
LC 34 — TM: elnaureth — winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 — TM: Ysim — winner: Koharo
LC 36 — TM: Rhewin — winner: HeadInTheClouds
LC 37 — TM: HeadInTheClouds — winner: Scipio Xaos
LC 38 — TM: Scipio Xaos — winner: Thorn
LC 39 — TM: Thorn — winner: Koharo
LC 40 — TM: HeadInTheClouds — winner: Wyvern
LC 41 — TM: Wyvern — winner: Thorn
LC 42 — TM: Thorn — winner: Wyvern
LC 43 — TM: Rhewin — winner: drd
LC 44 — TM: Thorn — winner: drd
LC 45 — TM: obfusc8 — winner: Thorn
LC 46 — TM: Thorn — winner: obfusc8
LC 47 — TM: Mew151 — winner: Rhewin
LC 48 — TM: Rhewin — winner: probably obfusc8
LC 49 — TM: obfusc8 — winner: drd

Introduction

As is pretty typical at this point, I didn’t win the last LC, but I’m the highest-placing competitor from it that cares to host, so allow me to welcome you to Lucidity Challenge 50! Everybody loves “special” numbers, and 50 is certainly one of those! Get hyped!

The purpose of the LC in its current form is to serve as a motivator for good lucid dream practices, to create an atmosphere of both competition and cooperation, to create a challenge for lucid dreamers of all levels, and to provide fun to all participants. I hope that everybody gets to experience all of these while participating!

Challenge Structure

The LC will consist of seven weeks of lucid dreaming tasks, although the last “week” will have an extra day to make 50 days even. Yes, we’re going back to the “classic” seven-week structure for now; after all, 50 is a “special” number! The tasks will generally increase in difficulty with each new week. Each task is worth points, and each participant will attempt to accrue as many points as possible via finishing the tasks in lucid dreams and normal dreams, having long lucid dreams, cooperating with teammates, and other means. At the end of the 50 days, the participant with the most points wins! He or she can host the next LC if he or she chooses; if not, hosting rights go to second place, and so on and so forth until a host is found.

Recent LCs have woven the tasks together with a silly story of the LC host guiding the participants through a fantastic dreamscape. I couldn’t resist the cheesiness and did so as well. It’s loaded with LD4all in-jokes and self-deprecation. Feel free to ignore it for the most part. :tongue:

Scoring (placed in a spoiler for length) (minor changes from previous LCs)

[spoiler]The scoring system includes a high amount of subjectivity and many ways of earning points. This means that each participant can challenge himself or herself appropriately by choosing which points to attempt to earn and by reflecting differently upon his or her own lucid dreams from the past when making length and personal goal decisions. Points will be awarded as follows; I’m being verbose for the sake of covering exceptions to rules, so it’s less complicated than it looks!* Lucid Dreams and Induction Methods[list][*]You get 5 points if you wonder if you are dreaming but do not become lucid.

• You get 20, 30, 40, or 50 points for a lucid dream you would consider short, medium-length, long, or your longest ever (respectively) based on lucid dreams you have had in the past. If you lose and regain lucidity without fully waking up, either within the dream or via DEILD, consider the combined length of all lucid parts of the dream as the scored length. If you are entering the LC without any past lucid dreams, note that you will get 75 points for your first lucid dream and that your length scale from your second lucid dream onward will be Short ≤ 1 minute < Medium-length ≤ 5 minutes < Long < Longest.
  • You get 50 points for becoming lucid through an induction method for the first time ever as long as the dream is not your first lucid dream ever. Note that I reserve the right to declare slight variants on methods as “not new” if nothing substantial is introduced.
    [/:m][]Actions Within Dreams* You get the listed amount of points for completing a task in most cases. Exceptions to this will be covered as they arise. You also get points for completing additional conditions or variations on tasks as listed and get 5 points for completing a task as the character you design in your sign-up post.
  • You get 30 “Lucid” points, applicable once per week, for completing a task while lucid. Completing a second task for a week for which you already have this bonus will not award a second bonus.
  • You get 20 “Early” or “Combo” points, applicable once per week, for completing a task while it is part of the most recent week or for completing a task alongside a task from another week, respectively. You can earn only one of these two 20 point bonuses per week.
  • You get 75 points for completing the LD4all Monthly Quest while lucid, applicable exactly once per Quest. Note that it does not always update monthly despite the name, but I have no control over this; please don’t direct complaints to me! If you complete the Quest active at the start of the LC before the start, you may “complete” it while lucid during the LC while it is still the most recent Quest to earn the 75 points.
  • You get 100 points for completing a personal goal that you set in your sign-up post (see Sign-Ups for more information) while lucid, and 25 points for completing a second personal goal that you may pick after completing the first one while lucid. You may not change this goal before completing it once the LC starts, so choose wisely.
  • You may get up to 10 points for being creative within your lucid dreams. These are subjective on my part and are thus worth little to keep the LC fair but to encourage doing more than going through the motions in your lucid dreams. I reserve the right to issue a tiebreaker even if there is not a tie if I feel that the winner won only on these subjective creativity points.
    [/*:m][/list:u]Note that the points given in past LCs for lucidity loss/regaining and for DEILDing into a prior LD have been removed. In the past, these served as a point of confusion and also created point differences between people with unstable dreams who could re-enter them and people who could stabilize from within the dream itself. Removing the points removes the confusion and awards re-entering/stabilizing an LD only as it should be rewarded: the dream length is longer, making it worth more points and giving more time to complete tasks. Note that dreams connected via DEILD are counted as one dream.

When you claim points, please be sure to state the length of any lucid dreams you are claiming, which actions you are claiming for points, and which actions were done non-lucidly and lucidly. I highly suggest linking your dream journal or describing relevant parts, as this allows me to judge your point claims accurately, award creativity points if applicable, or find points that you may not have known you could claim.

There is an expectation that you post your point claims in a timely manner. The scores will be updated frequently, and having accurate scores provides proper motivation to all competitors. As evidence, I submit that LC 49’s winner openly told me that he was motivated to beat me two days before that LC’s end precisely because I posted that I earned a large amount of points that week. I do not regret my post. The LC is not a game of psychological warfare in which you make your opponents believe inaccurate scores to play with their motivation, and so I reserve the right to apply a penalty to those who unnecessarily delay taking five minutes to post points—exceptions to being penalized exist for extenuating real-life circumstances, of course. Having to evaluate humongous point claims makes my job harder as well, and an unhappy TM is not a nice TM.

You are free to calculate points to check your standing, but I am the official scorekeeper. If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct my scoring. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene in public. It sounds childish to say this, but it’s been a longtime LC rule: if you don’t like how the TM awards points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules! :tongue:[/spoiler]
Teams (changed from previous LCs)

The idea of group work started as a behind-the-scenes activity during LC 37, was introduced into the LC proper in LC 39, and was continually revised until teams were introduced in LC 42. Unlike in previous LCs, not all weeks will have teams. When an upcoming week will have teams that require your input, a notice will be posted at least two days in advance. You will have until the week’s tasks are posted to choose a team. Note that some weeks may have predetermined teams based on other facets of the LC. Teams will be discussed in more detail when they become relevant.

Legs [color=red](new to LC 50)

A seven-week LC can be a drag if you’re stuck far behind. To mitigate this, the LC will have three two-week legs (with the final week not included in a leg). The winners of each leg will be the members who earn the most task points and bonuses within it (e.g., Week 1 task points will not help you win the leg of Weeks 3 and 4). The number of leg winners will be based upon the number of active participants and will be announced a few days before the leg’s completion. Leg winners will get a small LC-based reward and will be taken out of the running to win future legs.[/color]

Sign-Ups

The LC traditionally needs 10 participants before it starts. We will start no sooner than Friday, June 19, unless we get 15 participants, in which case we will start as soon as possible.

When signing up, please quote the sign-up list from the most recent post containing it and add your entry to the bottom of the list. Your sign up should include your username, your personal goal worth 100 points when completed lucidly, and your character design (see the information after the story prelude in the next post).

Here are our current sign-ups:

Sign-Up List [Name — Personal Goal]

1. Scipio Xaos — A Flight with Cardia
  2. Zaibatsu — Full LD on will
  3. Letaali — Revisit a dream that had a cool planet
  4. En’enra — Use water magic properly
  5. James_UK2008 — Visit another planet
  6. Coasty — Meet a specific Dream Person
  7. Mew151 — Play DDR Dream Mix
  8. Susan_Y — See the sky
  9. obfusc8 — I AM GROOT! (Treant transformation + growing branches and stuff.)
  10. drd — Summon and ride Smokey
  11. Koharo — Pull off 3 reality/death defying stunts
  12. Siiw — Successfully summon a big creature
  13. Eilatan — Looking for a good man.
  14. Lumessence — Open a portal to D-912 (that place you all call “real life”)
  15. Jer — Fly into Outer Space
  16. Yanshuf — Summon a wood golem which heighs minimum ten meters
    Current Scores

Scores can be viewed here.

Tasks

Week 1: Welcome to Elcedia
Week 2: Contrasting Climates
Week 3: An Animated Competition
Week 4: Thorny Hawk’s Pro Skater
Week 5: LD4small
Week 6: Aaahh!!! Dream Monsters
Week 7: The Big Finale

One Final Thing…

I will read any dreams you want me to read. Feel free to post dreams here or in your DJ. However, I will have much to read. I will only read your DJ posts if you link them here and they are intelligible—the forum is not a text message. Also, if you do link a DJ post, please also summarize what you did for the LC in words. Not giving a summary or giving tasks numbers that require me to check what numbers correspond to what tasks only serves to slow down scoring, which is not what anybody wants.

As I say every time I host the LC,

[center]May the best dreamer win!

[/center]

Prelude

As is recent tradition, the LC has a silly (read: inane) story stringing everything together involving the host maintaining the illusion of control over the participants. I’ll tuck it behind spoilers to spare those who don’t like reading drivel. :smile:

[spoiler]The hypnagogia moves behind your eyelids seemingly at random as you wait for the dream to start. It swirls around for a while before finally beginning to form coherent imagery. A street begins to form in front of your eyes and then branches out into a gridded network of them. Buildings start to form between the streets; the nearby ones appear to be residences and shops while the far-off ones are massive skyscrapers. A beautiful blue sky with a few clouds forms above all of this.

You become aware of other people gradually forming around you. They appear with the same sort of fascination with the new environment as you have, with many of them looking around at the environment with a sense of wonder. Before anybody speaks to the group, a voice comes from behind you all.

“Welcome to Elcedia, the setting for the 50th LD4all Lucidity Challenge.”

You turn around and are met with a surprising, yet recognizable sight. A small, bipedal creature with turquoise fur, large feathered wings, and several protruding spikes looks at you with a smile on its face.

Everybody stares on in silence until the creature speaks again. “Nothing? Shoot, I thought you LD4all people liked puns. Elcedia, L-C-dia? No? Not even a giggle? Fine, whatever. Anyway, welcome to LC 50! I’m Thorn, your Task Master for the next seven weeks, and—”

A group member suddenly busts out laughing. “I’m sorry, but I can’t take you seriously right now. You look like a stupid Sonic fan character and you’re making stupid puns too?” Thorn looks visibly irritated. He pulls his gloves and shoes off, retracts some spikes on his hands, and suddenly swells into what seems to be some sort of black-furred, turquoise-chested dragon-man that easily has a foot on your height before speaking in an annoyed tone.

"Satisfied? Geez, I try to represent a typical LD4all member without using a dragon for once, and this is what I get… LD4all never changes.

“Anyway, back on topic. I’m your Task Master for the next seven weeks. I’m happy that everybody got here safely. We’ll be spending the entire challenge in this lovely dreamscape, so please make yourselves at home. In fact, the first week’s tasks will be about doing just that! Look around you at all of the city’s residents; what do you notice?”

You look around and notice that dream characters outside of your group have appeared in the dream world. They come in all shapes and sizes, although they are largely bipedal. You see bird people, other dragon-men, catfolk, wolf-men, walking sharks… you quickly come to a realization that you utter aloud.

“Everyone’s half-animal. There aren’t any normal people.”

“Exactly,” says Thorn, “which means you all stick out like a sore thumb. We need to get you to blend in. Why bring your waking life skin into a dream world? Luckily, I have a friend who is perfectly capable of helping out with fixing that little problem. Before we meet him, though, you need to decide what you’d like to be. Yes, you get to choose!” he appends upon seeing some astonished faces. "Just keep it within reason and keep it clean.

“Oh, and if there’s any more laughter at people’s chosen shapes, I will not be a happy TM,” Thorn finishes with a stern gaze.[/spoiler]
Along with your sign-up, you should have a description (or a picture, if you’re an artsy type) of a bipedal, anthropomorphic (or highly specific human) form you’d like to use throughout the LC. While you’re not required to use it for almost anything, you’ll earn 5 bonus points for each task you finish as your chosen form. For other transformation tasks, you’ll earn this bonus by keeping morphic resonance; that is, your transformation is clearly just your character reshaped. For example, I used the following avatars in recent LCs to fit their transformation-based tasks, and all of them contain aspects of the form from the previous pictures—namely, the large horn, prehensile tail, and turquoise coloration.

The idea is to do something a bit more immersive by having you ditch your waking life body for fantastic feats, which should truly separate you from any preconceptions of dream control limitations brought on by being, well, you! You’ll need to provide the following:* Name (if different from your LD4all screen name).

• Species. What are you? It can be a real species that is humanized or a made-up species (in which case, describe it). If it’s just you as another person, I need defined characteristics that clearly separate it from your waking-life self. Make it dreamlike!
  • Gender. I know some of you gamers out there play as members of the opposite gender. It’s allowed here too.
  • Appearance. Do you have a certain color scheme? Do you have any unique markings?
  • Height. I need a height between 3 feet (91 cm) and 7 feet (213 cm). I give these bounds not to restrict your creativity but to make sure that you can actually interact with things during the LC. If you really want a ridiculously short or tall character, we can always look into making a fitting task for it, but let’s keep it simple for now. I don’t need you bonking your head on doorframes or struggling to reach things at a person’s head level. :razz:
  • Picture (optional). If you have artistic talent or find a character creator online, show us what you want to be instead of just describing it!
  • Mindset (optional). Is there anything you’d care to tell us about your lucid interests? Perhaps your character already reflects some of them!
    Whatever you decide to be, I hope you have fun with it, as the next seven weeks will have extra points for using your creation! If this isn’t your idea of fun, don’t sweat it! It’s only worth 5 points per task, so you can definitely work around it!

EDIT: A note on this…

[spoiler]To talk a little bit about the whole “character” thing, the intent was to to be a follow-up to LC 47, in which Mew151 had everybody take a title to symbolize his/her dream actions. I originally planned to have everybody come up with a blank slate that would get developed with a few dream powers, some DC friends, and other things over the course of the LC. While I largely got that, I also got creatures from Alien vs. Predator and Anna from Frozen. :smile: I’m not complaining about this and it’s not wrong to have these characters! I just find it amusing, and my goal now is to just screw with everybody who used something that already exists (e.g., I look forward to making Anna shoot fireballs or something).

Knowing this, if anybody wants to create something different he/she than already made to fit the LC’s aims, then go ahead. If you like what you have, then keep it! Just expect that I’m going to mess with you. :happy:[/spoiler]

LC “OMG” 50 Signups! [Name — Personal Goal]

Welp… here it is!

Name: Cornelia Xaos
Species: Catperson (Nya! :tongue: )
Appearance: Like a regular normal human… if you ignore the big pink ears and tail. The ears kinda blend into the pink hair… kinda… Maybe I’ll draw her eventually. :razz:
Height: 172 cm! (Since everyone else is using metric I better too. :razz: )
Picture: TO BE CONTINUED!!! Uh… I mean… maybe there’ll be one here eventually. :razz:
Mindset: Pretty much normal LDing endeavors… Likes magic a lot.

2-Zaibatsu - Full LD on will
This is my 1st entry…hopefully i’ll offer a nice challenge to others :tongue:

2. Zaibatsu —Full LD on will

FTFY

Well, too bad it has to be bipedal and anthropomorphic. Pretty limiting :meh: Anyway! I guess the alien swordsman in my avatar will be ok. I was him in a non-lucid dream pretty recently.

Name: Letaali, for now. I don’t know his name yet. His “class” is Ghost :tongue:
Species: Alien.
Appearance: Made of rock/metal. In my dream it was not constricting; it was elastic and dark steel colored. No visible eyes, nose, ears or mouth.
Height: Tall. Lets say 2 meters.
Mindset: I love sci-fi and I love dreaming about cool, alien places. I think my personal goal makes that pretty clear too.

I’m looking forward to participating in a LC again. :content: I chose water control for my personal task because in every LD that I try to use water magic I end up controlling a few drops of water instead of huge waves. Water is my favorite element, so it would be really nice to be able to cast water magic in a dream. :love:

I love the frame story, too. This will be my character:

Name: Voda (water)
Species: river snake // river dragon
Appearance: As in the picture. Dark gold/turquoise theme, battle armor, tail. What’s not in the picture - more scales on her hands. There was no option for that in the creator.
Height (length): 285cm (with the tail)
Mindset: Best suited for swimming. Wants to transform into a winged river dragon. Dislikes fog and anomalous dream characters.

Edit: Chose to change my character, this is a final version.

@Letaali: Well, human characters are allowed too so long as it’s something special and not just your waking-life self, as I said in boldface. Sorry to kill your desire for quadruped dreams, but I really need you to have arms for some of the tasks! :tongue:

@Letaali & @En’enra: Sounds like both of you have characters from outside of the LC on your mind. Hopefully you get a chance to experience them; I’m curious about what made them special to you!

She was created for the LC, so I’m hoping that the challenge will make her special to me. :content: I changed her name, though, since I don’t think I would respond to “En’enra” in a dream.

5. James_UK2008 - Visit another planet

Name: James (ugh, did yauja even have names? Unoriginal I know :razz:)
Species: Yautja
Appearance: Scaly skin, black claws, shin/thigh/chest armour, a Biomask for enhanced vision modes, armed to the teeth with wrist blades and a shoulder mounted laser, dreadlocks and a face only a mother could love. :razz:
Height: 7 feet

We have five sign-ups so far, which is pretty good! I will say that I wasn’t expecting to get a bunch of super-tall aliens. I honestly expected some animal people or some sorcerers/wizards… not that going against my expectations is a bad thing! Do what you want!

Again, if we have 10 participants, we’ll start Friday afternoon ET to give people a one-week break after the last LC. If we get to 15, then we’ll start sooner so that people don’t get distracted or bail out.

Scipio Xaos — A Flight with Cardia
Zaibatsu — Full LD on will
Letaali — Revisit a dream that had a cool planet
En'enra — Use water magic properly
James_UK2008 - Visit another planet
Coasty - Meet a specific Dream Person, god damn it, just happen already

[b]Name[/b]: Arthur
[b]Species[/b]: Archangel
[b]Gender[/b]: Male
[b]Appearance[/b]: Refer to my avatar. In short: Armor, wings, sword, all with a purple theme. 
[b]Height[/b]: My height, as this is an assumed state, something I would ascend to, not a different person. The armor and sword would materialize around me.
[b]Mindset[/b]: Control. All I need is control. Arthur is the embodiment of power, control and knowledge. The Rightful King of the Land. Power itself manifests in his sword, all of the dreamscape bows to his command. His word is law. That is the fate that I want for myself. Just let me get into my dreams for a little while, let me assume this ascended state, and my mind will be bound by my command. The mindset of a conqueror. The mindset of the True King. That is Arthur's mindset.

Man, I was expecting way more characters that were clearly just whipped up in an instant for the sake of the competition, but people seem to be putting in a lot of effort! Heck, lots of people are describing certain mindsets they’ll have with their character that they wouldn’t have normally. Good on you for being so immersed!

We have six sign-ups right now, and if all of the people who told me they want to sign up do so, we’ll have ten exactly. Starting on Friday is looking very likely.

5. James_UK2008 — Visit another planet
  6. Coasty — Meet a specific Dream Person, god damn it, just happen already

FTFYA :razz:

7. Mew151 - Play DDR Dream Mix

Name: Miu
Species: Pseudo Catperson
Gender: Female I REFUSE TO BE CONFINED TO YOUR GENDER ROLES, CISGENDER SCUM
Appearance: Hair is styled to resemble cat ears. Looks like a Mew, so pink hair with blue eyes and overall pink design.
Height: 147cm
Mindset: Exploration and meeting with other LC peeps.

Scipio, you stole my original OC character design! You will pay!

Anyway, I chose a Mew-like character because Mews are less than 3 feet tall most people see me as an actual mew in dreams anyway. I chose to go with a female transformation because it seems like an interesting transformation that also keeps me in a familiar human body. Also mostly because when I was imagining a humanized Mew character, it was easier to imagine a girl than a super handsome macho tough guy like myself.

The challenge hasn’t started yet, so no points obviously, but last night’s non-lucid dream was about the Challenge, I think. In it, Thorn had reconstructed a vintage arcade cabinet and dressed up in a spacesuit from a “Golden Age” science-fiction comic.

8. Susan_Y - See the sky

I don’t have a particular character I really want to transform into. Given last night’s dream, 1940’s vintage clothing and (e.g.) Dale Arden from Flash Gordon comes to mind, but maybe that’s not a significant enough transformation. Instead, I’ll stick with a character I used for some of the tasks in the previous LC:

Name: Anna
Species: Disney Princess (you’re not going to tell me real human beings have body proportions like that…)
Appearance: Red hair. (Will appear as a mid-tone when I’m dreaming in greyscale, orange-ish when dreaming in reduced colour). It should be tied in pigtails to look like the movie, but I might wear it untied sometimes. Leather boots; warm stockings; dark blue ankle length skirt with a Nordic floral pattern at the hem; light green long sleeved sweater of a fairly thin material; dark corset with floral pattern worn over the sweater (What is it with Disney and corsets? Why can’t we wear something more like Dora the Explorer?); purple cape worn over the shoulders
Height: About 5 foot, I guess

Okay, we’re up to eight people! If we get two more by tomorrow, we’ll start then.

To talk a little bit about the whole “character” thing, the intent was to to be a follow-up to LC 47, in which Mew151 had everybody take a title to symbolize his/her dream actions. I originally planned to have everybody come up with a blank slate that would get developed with a few dream powers, some DC friends, and other things over the course of the LC. While I largely got that, I also got creatures from Alien vs. Predator and Anna from Frozen. :smile: I’m not complaining about this and it’s not wrong to have these characters! I just find it amusing, and my goal now is to just screw with everybody who used something that already exists (e.g., I look forward to making Anna shoot fireballs or something).

Knowing this, if anybody wants to create something different he/she than already made to fit the LC’s aims, then go ahead. If you like what you have, then keep it! Just expect that I’m going to mess with you. :happy:

Also, all of you should yell at LC greats drd and obfusc8 to get in here. :razz:

8. Susan_Y - See the sky
  9. obfusc8 - I AM GROOT! (Treant transformation + growing branches and stuff.)

I know this sounds ridiculous from a veteran roleplayer; I’m having trouble deciding on a character. One that springs to mind would fit perfectly with my persistence goals but he looks like a standard human, albeit much better-looking than me. His uniqueness comes from special abilities rather than appearance or different forms, which seems to be what Thorn is driving at.

Anyway, my recall is sucky at the moment, but hopefully the challenge will bring motivation to get it back.

^ A standard human is fine if it is a specific one with defined characteristics. What I do not want is for something so generic that people claim the five points in every dream. I need characteristics that can actively be examined to say “I am this person/being,” whether they are visual or otherwise. That’s part of the reason I started by requiring an anthropomorphic character; I figured it would be very obvious if you managed it or not! :tongue: However, many participants wanted certain people that were special to them, so I yielded on the half-creature requirement and allowed humans.

Also, if you get a chance, can you elaborate on what you did try to make last time with LC D&D before giving up? Not that I’m guaranteeing I can pull off such a thing, but if the LC does get active, it is quite tempting to have small games of sorts alongside it, and admittedly a tabletop game would fit well with the setup of this LC.

We only need one more sign-up before we can start!