talking to your subconscious mind?

I have heard that you can talk to your subconscious mind through a mirror in a LD.Basically you see yourself in mirror and you can have a conversation with your subconscious mind and you can even ask questions. Is this true? If if you have, tell me your experience. I think this is one of the most interesting things you can do in an LD if this is true.

Oh yes. In the broader plurality community, there are those who speak to their subconscious mind while waking as well. The phenomenon is known as daemonism, and its practitioners, demians. We have yet to speak to our collective unconscious ourselves, while dreaming or waking.

M

It’s quite an interesting idea. I’d love to try doing so. :happy:

That sounds horrifying.

[color=orange]How so? Do you not trust mirrors in dreams, or a reflection of yourself with a mind of its own?[/color]

hi, thanks for this post.

You don’t need a mirror, you can just speak to the dream directly and receive answers. Though any time you speak to a dream character, you’re speaking to the unconscious mind. You don’t even have to speak, you can think the questions and so long as you expect an answer, you’ll get one.

Yeah you don’t need a mirror although that is one way to do it, you can simply ask your dream or say “I want to speak with my subconscious”. When I did this a woman appeared and it was my subconscious personified. I know this because I asked her if she was my subconscious and she said yes. She was the most attractive girl I’d ever seen and she knew everything about me even what I was thinking.

As others have mentioned, you do not have to look in a mirror. Many times I have asked the dream itself and have either received a verbal answer from the dreamscape / dream character representing my subconscious, or have been physically moved by the dream itself to a place answering my question.

I have found subconscious communication to be one of the most rewarding aspects of lucid dreaming, and encourage every lucid dreamer to attempt it at least once.

1 Like

So after reading Waggoner’s “gateway to the inner self” I’ve been trying to talk to the “consciousness behind the dream” as well (or the unconscious, whatever it is) but so far with very limited success. Usually I either get no answer, or something starts to change but doesn’t seem to answer my question.

I’ve decided that it may be that I have doubts about answers, or subconsciously don’t expect to get answer from “nothing”. So tonight in one of LDs I’ve decided to change my approach a little and addressed Dream Emissary (Castaneda’s terminology), sinci in my mind it would appear as “something” that could give answers. The experience was very weird - i did hear a voice in my left ear, but it was creepy as hell, and all echo-y, I imagine people with psychosis hear similar things. It was very quiet and unclear, so I’ve asked him to repeat (which he did) and speak louder (which he didn’t). I could only make out random words from all that he said. Has anyone experienced something similar? Is getting answers in LD something that comes with more practice, or should I try different approaches?

The first time I tried to talk to my SC, I looked in the mirror and asked a question. I saw a face, and when it spoke everything shook, and I couldn’t look away. In other dreams, I asked to talk to my SC, and my brother’s cat appeared, and started talking to me with no problems.

Okay so after reading this thread the “talking to the mirror” idea stuck in my head and I remembered it in my next lucid dream. I found a mirror and first just looked at my reflection, which was unstable and constantly changing. I then asked it to show me “my spirit” and instantly my dream body disappeared (as well as its reflection) and what I saw was a sort of bubble of vibrating energy, with hints of colour around the edges. It seemed more like an aura or energy field than soul. Interestingly, I felt differently too, lighter and there was a kind of energetic quality to it.
I managed to re-enter the same dream later on and the mirror answered my another question that I didn’t really asked verbally, I just had an intention (it had been my goal for a while now) - to see one of my past lives. Again, not only did i see it in the reflection but experienced as well. As soon as I looked into the mirror my body start changing - I felt a soft fabric (felt like silk) around me, and saw in the mirror that it was a red dress, and my body changed into a woman’s. The dress was not fully covering my body, and I saw that breasts were exposed. The next thing I know, a rope ties around my neck and I am being hanged. As I spin on the rope, I expect to see a crowd of people watching the execution.
It was definitely an interesting experience, since I didn’t feel pain or fear, and was more of an observer of what was happening to me. It also answered a question I was wondering about the day before - why I don’t like tight things on my neck (e.g. putting a blanket under the chin annoys me).
Anyway, as previous posts mention, there are many ways to talk to your subconscious mind in LD but for me the mirror seemed to work pretty well.

Oh that’s interesting so I want to tell how I speak to my mind :smile:

I don’t use a mirror, mirrors are my natural enemies in dreams :confused: I prefere to ask DC’s. They can appear as someone you know like family members or friends, someone you saw on TV, read about in books etc. or someone you don’t know consciously. My DC’s tend to speak in riddles so I have to think about it after I wake up.
One DC I asked: “Where are you all the time I’m looking for you?” (So I actually asked myself where I am) and he started to sing in a funny way: “I’m hanging out with the blonde one.” After I woke up I figured out what he meant :smile: At the moment I’m just interested in a character of a tv series and she’s blond :happy: I know, that’s not really profound but the point is how it works :smile:

I think there are many other ways to get in touch with the own subconsciousness and I like it to read how other ppl manage it :content:

Best regards
Nate :tongue: