Looking for a bit of advice

Hey, I’m 15 and I’ve been trying for quite a while to have my first LD and have come tantalizingly close on three occasions. I keep a dream journal, and do occasional RC’s. I had my first almost LD before I even started my DJ the same night I dieced I was going to learn lucid dreaming:

I was watching a series of buses roll down a street from end to end while the drivers heads fell off. I somehow just realized it was a dream (DILD I guess) and looked at my hand. My fingers where warped in a unusual way and I woke up.

The second near LD I had after starting my DJ.

Again, I somehow realized it was a dream and looked at my hand which was warped in the same way as the last dream. I expected the landscape in the dream to become extremely vivid but everything still felt fuzzy and unclear which was frustrating. The only difference was that I felt a heatined awareness of where my body was in space, stronger even then in waking life. I gradually lost my luicidity after this and it became an ordinary dream.

I think possibly the reason everything dident become more vivid was because I didn’t really think about what my hand RC meant. I get the sense to acheive true lucidity you have to have a series of linear thoughts something like this in the dream: My fingers are warped, therefore this is a dream, which means this landscape is being generated by my mind and my waking life body is in bed.

My closest encounter yet, I had last night. To initiate it, I did some WrILD before I went to bed, got an alarm to wake me up at 4:00 ( WBTB), stayed up for 10 minutes for so, then went back to bed using MILD. Strangely I can remember almost nothing about the dream.

I realized I was dreaming, looked at my hand which was warped and tried using the chain of thought I had contemplated after my second near LD. This had a disastrous effect and the dream (including my dream body) rapidly disintegrated into nothing but a whole lot of patterns, like the CEV’s you get when you rub your eyes. I can’t remember what happened after that, but I think I lost my lucidity.

People say it’s an incredible experience when you have your first LD. I feel I’m getting very close to this point which is exciting :smile:.

How can I become truly lucid in my dreams to the point where everything becomes more vivid and I can fly and experiment without the dream disintegrating?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:. Sorry about the length of this post.

Hello quintorpian,

No worries, I really appreciate that your post is easy to read.

I don’t think I can answer all your questions right now, I just feel like you are having trouble with stabilization.

You might need to know three things:
The first one is that dreams end (it might be obvious at first, but please read), when dreams are about to end, there is no much choice when things get really dark. Just stay focused there, no need to be afraid.

And secondly, stabilizing is more important than it seems to new LDers.
You should not try to rush your dream, this causes the dream to fade out, and by fade out I mean, getting FA, dark scenes, unwanted real awakenings.

I always recommend to stay calm inside the dream until it’s solid (stable).
Rub your hands, use RCs over and over. Sit down and watch the scene for some seconds. It should never take longer than one minute or so. Do not worry about wasting the dream while stabilizing, in my humble experience it’s completely counterproductive.

The third thing is that you need to work on your awareness.
Just doing a single RC may not be enough. Think hard WHY you are doing that. It’s just like when you are distracted and must finish something really important quickly. Focus on what you are doing! Remind yourself to keep it up, frequently. It may seem tiring at first, but you would eventually get used to this.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Hi Tggtt, that’s really helpful, thanks :smile: !

I’ll try and take it more slowly next time. I think your right about stabilization. Does the dream generally become more vivid after you’ve done multiple reality checks, calmed down, and passively observed the landscape for a while?

Now you say it, I think I did rush the last one a lot, which might have lead to the disintegration.

I’m going to try the WrILD, WBTB, MILD combination again tonight. Hopefully I’ll be able to incorporate more RC’s throughout the dream and slow done a bit in the future if not tonight.

To be honest, I wasn’t even aware dreams ended in that way, I thought they just naturally lead on to the next dream, but then I guess the REM phase has to end at some point.

One thing I’m finding fascinating is the bizarre sensations in dreams. The feeling of hyper body awareness I had in the second dream and the feeling of being just a mind, completely devoid of any physical form in my last.

:welcome:

Usually yes. Unless it is really about to end, like I have pointed earlier.

Keep trying what led you to the best results, you should be pretty close already.

That’s right. During the non REM phases, we can still be lucid, but “dreams” are all dark/blind/extremely blurry. There is a transition between phases that is like that. It is still possible to maintain lucidity and wait for the next REM phase to start.

There are many fascinating things out there! I hope this encourages you to keep trying!

Cheers! I’ll post any major developments

I had a breakthrough experiance this morning!

Preparations: 15 minutes meditation before bed

[i] I am inside a huge wooden shelf filled with massive bottles of alcohol looming over me. I have a sense that I must not be seen, and crawl behind the beer bottles at the front of the shelf. There are lots of wine bottles behind me. It slowly becomes obvious I’m in a dream and I diecied to walk out of the shelf onto a wooden walkway with metal rails.

As I do this, the scenery transforms and I am in a very sterile looking white room. I am very excited, and diecied to explore tactile sensations. I reach out my hand and touch the bottom of a white cabinet on the wall. I am totally SHOCKED and filled with AWE at how real the cabinet feels!

I focus on the room around me, and everything becomes very vivid and sharp looking, AMAZING! . The sheer excitement wakes me up.[/i]

This was such an incredible experience!, I feel energised and re-inspired. This dream made me realize on a very deep level, that dreams arent just a collection of images and thoughts, but a magical place we can actively explore.

Everything was so beautiful!, I was completely in the present moment :smile:.

Congratulations quintorpian!

I hope you can keep it up with your current technique and push even further!

I thought I had replied to this.

I did this in my second LD :spinning:

I still remember how I felt in that dream.

Thanks tggtt. I think my next goal will be to try flying :smile:.

@moogle yeah it’s pretty incredible, kind of makes me wonder if reality is not what it seems. If the human mind can create such astonishingly “real” sensations, our perception of reality could easily be some kind psychological construct.

It’s funny, I really don’t have to try very hard at all to get LD’s. I’ve had a couple of much longer ones lately! Here’s some of the fascinating things I’ve experienced.

a WILD! I am lying on my bed. My body becomes numb and I experience an increasing number of swirling
Patterns. I feel like my spacial sense and very mind are being stretched, warped and distorted. Out of the unseeable void, an abstract impression of a shrub emmerges which becomes more stable and defined to the point at which I can touch it, and it feels incredibly real, the dreamscape of beachside hills and a gravel track forms around the shrub. I’m so amazed I actually had a WILD, and by accident!

Flying after several tries in different dreams, I managed to take flight for a brief moment over a street in a calm neighbourhood. I ended up doing a backflip in the air and falling stomach first on to the concrete

Almost seeing myself asleep! I’m in my house, staring out the window. The thought occurs to me to go to my room and see if I can see myself asleep. My visual sense is fuzzy, and seems to be fading, but I can still feel the fabric of my pants vividly. I walk down the hallway, feeling like a ghost and stop at my bedroom door which is closed. The excitement of what I might find when I open the door wakes me up

Talking I enter an outside courtyard of a cafe in a very calm feeling neighbourhood. An African american woman and her young daughter are sipping from mugs on a bench, and a white man is drinking wine straight from the bottle while sitting on a wooden crate. I ask the daughter about the cafe, and she says its a family tradition. We talk some more about the cafe until a large man with dreadlocks made of beach succulants sits down with us

Love the LDs! Keep up the exciting adventure! I have yet to experience strong lucidity in my dreams, but I am constantly training and more importantly EXCITED every time I go to bed to see what I will experience.

I recently had my first LD and my initial reaction was on par with yours. It is so so amazing amazing to peak into another world that resides in all of us. I’m excited to have more LD’s. I’ve been reading a bit about lucid dreaming and haven’t had any luck with LD, but one night out of the blue, with weird conditions before going to bed (not even thinking about LD or anything related to dreaming), I had my first very vivid lucid dream. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Lucid dreaming without even having your mind concerned with dreaming throughout the day :confused: :grin: .

Yes I know that from my “beginner times”. I just read the whole day about lucid dreaming, but actually I never did any techniques or sth. like that. I just read about the topic on the internet and in books. Nevertheless I had my first LD at this time. Just Out of the blue :smile: