You are now aware you are breathing.

Do you feel that? This is what it feels like to be lucid. This is the feeling you want to recreate in a dream. Taking over manual control of an automated process.

Remember this realization and anchor your reality checks to it… lucid dreamers call this feeling ‘lucidity’, those who meditate call this feeling ‘mindfulness’, and some mod edit call it ‘enlightenment.’

You’ll also notice, by now, that the feeling is probably gone. That’s why it is so hard… in my experience, to lucid dream. It is impossible to maintain that state… but with practice, you can prolong it.

Anyway… I hope this helps you in the quest for lucidity… because real talk you were just there. That being said, I know it has been 14 years since I was last active here but I wanted to give the best advice I could before going dark again. I’ll periodically check back to this topic to answer any questions and respond to any criticisms as it would be rude to just up and leave again.

Good luck.

EDIT: I did not write ‘some’ the word I used has a negative connotation and the edit of the post changes the message I am trying to convey. Another tip I have is to beware of people who try to project their dreams by editing yours for not falling in line with the world they want to live in.

Well, that was an amazing example of what LD is like! Thanks for the post!

I wonder if this is an actual, waking life, difference between people who often lucid dream and people who don’t. I had a discussion with a family member about this last night. Apparently, most people aren’t consciously aware of where all their body parts are, how to control and time their movement, which expression their face has, etc? For me, it keeps leaking from my subconscious into my actual conscious thoughts.

I am different in that I had a twin brother. Had being the operative word.

I knew the ‘touch’ of another before I could perceive light.