Had my first lucid dream since teen/20s!

& its all because of LD4all!

I started keepin my dream journal on the day I joined the forum. I decided to stop doing it about a week or so later.

Last night, I went to bed early so I had plenty of time. I counted on my fingers that 5 hours from now would be about 3 am, and I said I would like to have a lucid dream, if I could. I had a dream that I was in a building in my home town, it felt like my own house - it was ‘home’ but it was big, so it also had a feeling like a public place, maybe something like my high school. There were a lot of other people, and I had a cot in the front hall (with other people around) I found myself leviating and looking down on that cot, then I crashed down on to it. I wandered upstairs - more people, including a tiny sick guy who was (like) a stalk of celery - he was recovering submerged in a bath of water. Then up more stairs & more people and at some point there I became lucid. No dream signs, it just felt like: oh, wait this is a dream.

Yikes - I have to go - will report the rest later. But - it was really great to have a lucid dream! I had tried a bunch of times but it wasn’t till coming to LD4all that it really happened!! :happy:

:yay: congrats on the LD

… and now I have to wait for the ending :hyper:

sounds odd and cartoon-like.

Thanks for the congrats :smile: It’s been so long. I know that the dream journal, as explained in the tutorials here was fundamental.

It’s not the first time I’ve had dreams with people who were also food…
And speaking of cartoonish - my first lucid dream was very cartoonish. It was when I was in grade school.

When I got to the upper level of this building, there were a lot of people. It could have been a cafe, or a place where people went to study or work. I was lucid at this point, and at one table two people called out to me to get me to read something from a sign on one of the bulletin boards. I almost did but then I saw that if I read it I would wake up - and that that’s what they wanted. It seemed like they saw me as a threat. I think they began to try & drive me out - which would mean forcing me to wake up, but I argued with them and won them round to my point of view. And when this happened, the floorboards & structural elements began to break up and rise and move against me till finally I woke up.