EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

What made you realize what dreaming could do?

Author  Message 
DeRuyter001
Knight Banneret
Somniologist
DeRuyter001 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

What made you realize what dreaming could do?
PostPosted: Sat 27 Jul, 2019  Reply with quote

We have a thread for posting our best LDs, but here I want to learn something else - what was the dream, or even the image or the moment, which brought it home to you how powerful lucid dreaming was, what real and rewarding adventures it could give you? What was the moment when you first set your anxiety aside, licked your lips and said "This is gonna be good!"? :D

I'm hoping these stories will be not only fun to read, but an inspiration for new dreamers: as I've written elsewhere, it's so easy, in the months after discovering lucid dreams, to get bogged down in a sense of what you can't do or how remote your final victory may be, and it's hugely important for us to remind people of the limitless hopes and ambitions they had when they first arrived.

You may have more than one! I'll start with one of my own.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

This was before the Master Key, but it was the moment when the dreamworld stopped being something disappointing and became something limitless, like pushing through the fur coats into the real, wild cold of Narnia.

Current LD goal(s): Bring Respiral back to life!

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

My first brief LD, I hadn't heard of lucid dreaming. I realised it was a dream and was amazed at how solid everything felt while knowing it was all taking place in my head.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
DeRuyter001
Knight Banneret
Somniologist
DeRuyter001 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

You were very fortunate to have that experience right off the bat, I think! It must've helped you hang on to those high expectations...can you remember what happened in that dream?

Current LD goal(s): Bring Respiral back to life!

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

All my LDs are recorded in my lucid leap topic in DJs. It was more the experience than things happening.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
vividdreamer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
vividdreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 100's

Talking to my deceased grandfather
PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2019  Reply with quote

I've been lucid dreaming for years and years. At first naturally, then later I learned how to induce them. I keep doing it because exploring our inner-selves is not only interesting, but life-affirming and life-changing.
Some quick context: I was having an absolutely awful, horrible, hard time at work. That day was stressful and I was up against a terrible amount of pressure. Up to that point, I hadn't experienced anything like it. I sat in a conference room in near tears, but eventually got through the day
The dream that night: I'm in an old house. It is haunted and I can seek ghosts travelling about. I go room through room trying to escape. Eventually, I pass through a doorway into a brightly lit room. On a couch is my grandfather sitting their and smiling at me. He had died some years before and we didn't have a close relationship. Instantly, I become lucid. I tell him how happy I was to see him and apologize for not having a better connection. He tells me something along the lines of us both being immature and it was ok. I am filled with happiness and peace. I feel the dream fading a bit so look at my hands to stabilize. As I look up, he is smiling at me and says," I hear you are doing terrific things down there." and then I wake up.
Something about that dream changed my whole perspective. Having my grandfather's word's of encouragement made me so much happier. I went to work with much more confidence. I got through the week and passed the inspection (not easily, but I made it!). This was years ago, but still sticks with me to this day.

Current LD goal(s): personal growth

print