EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

What do your hands look like in your dreams?

Author  Message 
Vhalnyr
Noctambulant
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 20 Sep, 2004  Reply with quote

MY hands alwyas seems fine in my dreams. BUt the one time I decided to count them, I Found out I had 3 more fingers at the end of each fingers help!

mystic
Dream Templar
LD4all addict

Wow creepy dream hands you all have eek2 I once noticed my fingers behaved in the air like little streams of dye behave in water. Very strange, but it didn't last for long.

Hallstrom
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: 35++

In my first LD my hand looked like this, but more strange and sparkling. I don't remember how many fingers I had.

I usually have extra fingers, and they bend in strange ways, like the perspective and direction of each finger and the whole hand changes in a strange way depending on the angle I look at it.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

Hey Hallstrom ! Your funny anime could be a good way to induce LD ! Look at this for ten minutes and you will find your hands in your next dream ! smile

Hallstrom
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: 35++

I'll try that ^^

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 19.augus

Sometimes my hands have deep wounds, broken bones etc. in my dreams. That sight has made me lucid more than once. The one time I counted my fingers in a LD, the hands looked normal, but I could feel 7 fingers on each hand. eek2

Current LD goal(s): To bring back art or a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
ToBedAndBeyond
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 21 Sep, 2004  Reply with quote

if I look at my hands , i wake up. Almost always.

Adkit
Lost

PostPosted: Sun 17 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Ok, I just have to ask this here...I haven't had a lucid dream yet but I'm interested in trying and well...doesn't it scare you? To watch your hand morph and stuff? I know it can't hurt you or anything but if I saw my hand mangled, even in a dream, I would...freak out. Thus quite effectively waking up completely. :/

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, if I see my hand looking odd in a DREAM, maybe I won't mind or even notice unless I do a reality check.

freedom88
Extreme escapist
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 17 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

wow this topic has been resurected from the dead eek2 ... but my hands appear normal in dreams, though once a DC did show me a reality check, where he shook his hands and then they like elongated and wiggle like paper 8D ...

but to answer your question Adkit, it doesnt really scare you ...well me, since i assume its just normal and carry on, you can also proceed to change your hand to normal once you are lucid though... if you wanted grin

Lanina
Wolf and Dreamer
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 18 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

My hands usually have 6 fingers in my dreams. Especially the left hand, by some odd reason. I use this as a RC and it has worked. smile

renko
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 18 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

My nightmares frequently involves hands or fingers. In my dreams I have very small stubby fingers, or just ones taht dont work like they should, while other people have really long fingers that work almost too well, or tentacle-like things on their hands. and for some reason their long fingers scare me very badly.

SkyDreamer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

The first time I LD from a RC was when I was about to get in a fight with this guy twice my size, so I looked at my hands... I saw 6 fingers and say Im dreaming!!! Grabed a pool stick and swang it at him.

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

I usually don't notice my hands at all, unless I'm shooting magical bolts of light or something at people, in which case they seem totally normal (if you discount the fact that they're shooting out sparkly magic spells). But I'm not surprised - when I see my whole body in a mirror, for example, it's no different than in real life - I notice things like my face, hair, how tall I am and the clothes I'm wearing before I notice anything else.

My hands never jumped out at me, and I never noticed any mutated body parts, so I can only assume they were perfectly normal (well, except my skin is sometimes a little darker than in real life, but that's in keeping with my body as a whole).

SkyDreamer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

hands
PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005  Reply with quote

My hands are my favorit RC because every time I become lucid after seeing them. Just about every time I just have an extra finger or am missing a finger. The last time I looked at them i had 6 fingers and it was kind of a shinny silver color, kinda weird.

Holmcross
future tense
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005  Reply with quote

Usually I have an extra figer, but i've had times where the fingers stretched, my hands melted, or the skin didn't fit right.

print