Rainbow Connection

Entering Your TV

Author  Message 
waterstarrainbow
Finding the Loop
Astral Explorer

Entering Your TV
PostPosted: Thu 28 Oct, 2004  Reply with quote

This is a project currently running at Sea Life. Please join in, that would be great(this word was inspired by the man sitting next to me)

[quote="explora"]Self-Existing Moon: Entering Your TV

Author/s: BenDrummin, Alana Jiruse (waterstarrainbow)
Last Edit: Self-Existing Moon, Dali 1. Blue Overtone Night. Blue Crystal Storm Year

Each month, members of the dream teams at the Sea Life forum participate in a project in the Green Lodge. These projects aim to encourage members to improve their dreaming skills, and awareness of the many applications of dreaming, while getting to know one another, in a fun, friendly, and supportive environment.

13 Moon Calendar

More monthly pictures can be found in our 13 Moon Calendar: Journey of the Peace Train. Additional information about the movement is available at the home of the World Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement

Entering Your TV
For the Self Existing moon’s project BenDrumming suggested the idea of entering our televisions in a lucid dream! The idea is based on the entering a particular show, documentary, movie, news program etc. either to have fun and explore or gain knowledge from dreaming and bring it back to waking.

The idea of entering your TV is a great way to get places, or as a visual interpretation to learn and ask your dreams for guidance. In waking our televisions are a source for which information travels, a provider of entertainment and moving images, a creator of alternate realities.

TV’s are a main focal point in society and using the symbolism of TV and applying it to dreaming opens a doorway of opportunity. Using TV in this sense is an interesting way for which we can change our perspective of television, to morph its meaning and function in a sense to that of something creative, imaginative and resourceful.

Vhalnyr
Noctambulant
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

I personnally never used television transportation in dreams, but its something I need to try. The question is what kind of tv show to enter? And if you really end up at the same place that was shown on the screen. I need to think of a show to enter... News would be boring, Cartoons would be interesting to enter

VisionDreamz
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 12 Nov, 2004  Reply with quote

I hardly ever watch TV, but I have often heard of the infamous stepping into a TV experiment. I remember having a lucid dream once, where I was watching something on the tv. It was quite interesting, a group a frogs in a car driving to some jazzy music. Then the title appeared. It was really funny actually. I know I know, It's not something other people would understand. Or would they?

sme_bro
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 03 Mar, 2005  Reply with quote

Stuck my head into the tv and it was a weird mash of colours (similar to a time i stuck my upper body into a poster) then it became a beach and i could see waves coming in, didnt look interesting so i pulled out.

Lanina
Wolf and Dreamer
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 20 Mar, 2005  Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea to transport to different places! Especially if you don't know how to fly there.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Sun 20 Mar, 2005  Reply with quote

I entered my TV once, and I just ended up in the box itself with the characters from Seinfild. It was a tight fit.

Cyrus
the Virus?
cookie lover
Cyrus has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar, 2005  Reply with quote

kavaa wrote:
I entered my TV once, and I just ended up in the box itself with the characters from Seinfild. It was a tight fit.

I had similar experience today when having OOBE I will copy this part from my DJ:
________
I notice my TV, and i plug it in. I make a short walk around my room, hoping that if i don't watch it immedeately then i have good chances that something starts to be broadcasted there. And yes - i hear that national news broadcast is on, and i hear announcer saying: "The dictator of Iraq, Saddam Hussein, was overthrown today." I want to see what happens when i step into TV-set and i manage smoothly to do so.

I happen to be in news broadcast studio now, but the problem is: i'm sitting also in my TV-set. It's like being between "two worlds": studio and TV-set. I hear the broadcast being made around me, but i'm sitting at TV box and it's narrow there. I cannot fully enter into studio. Soon i just step out from TV box.

Current LD goal(s): Making LD my hobby
char99bok
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 02 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

I recently tried entering a neighbor's TV... I bounced off of it. By this time my neighbor was hysterical because I walked into his house and ran into his TV, so I decided to just leave and try again later... I never did. :\

I wish it would have worked!

Cyrus
the Virus?
cookie lover
Cyrus has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sun 03 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

char99bok wrote:
I recently tried entering a neighbor's TV... I bounced off of it. By this time my neighbor was hysterical because I walked into his house and ran into his TV, so I decided to just leave and try again later... I never did. :\

I wish it would have worked!

LOL. Sounds like you experienced it in real life

Anyway, next time (i mean, i believe you had LD, and are not speaking about real life) try to tell him/her that this is a dream and all will be ok. And ask maybe he/she wants to jump with you into TV box grin

Current LD goal(s): Making LD my hobby
Dominic
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 08 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Yeah, I've done TVs lots of times. Mirrors too. But I'd have to say that my favorite is entering photographs! I can make them move too. You guys should try it. I just kinda look at the photograph (usually in my hand) and POOF! I'm in it (sometimes I just walk into it). It's great though--especially the black and white photos! ^^

freedom88
Extreme escapist
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 10 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Personally im slightly afraid to enter my TV after watching "the Ring" lol

...but i'll try it once i get over it!

renko
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 12 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

I entered my TV in my first LD. But, Instead of appearing inside of a show I was actually on the inside of the box. And in this dream the insides of TVs look like giant churning, grinding, machinary with fire at the bottom. Going inside made me lose lucidity

freedom88
Extreme escapist
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Oh i went into my TV the other night in a ND though, it felt weird... very weird... like i had to go really slow to pass through the glass screen bit and when i did pass into it there were lots of cogs and heavy machinery eh ... also i could not see back through the screen .... it was all frosty... just thought i'd post my experience

karl
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally im slightly afraid to enter my TV after watching "the Ring" lol

...but i'll try it once i get over it!

haha the ring that would be quite bad in a dream. for anyone who hasnt seen it this freaky zombie girl walks out of the tv

sublime_spot3
music master
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 07 May, 2005  Reply with quote

i once had an LD... i rolled out of bed and imidiatly new i was dreaming so i was in my room and i looked around and saw a small tv sitting on a stand inside my room (i dont normaly have a tv in my room) ... i stuck my arm through it but i knew i wasnt going to fit so i went downstairs to my big TV but because im still new at LD'ing i was afraid i might not be dreaming and i didnt want to break my tv... then i went upstairs and flew out of my house... i mean COMON!!! its not fair

print