Wierd sensations in head

Hi everyone!

I had a dream (non-ld) last night where I experienced this sensation in my head that could be best described as dizzyness and numbness at the same time, much like pins and needles. This only lasted a few seconds but during this time I was also unable to speak or felt that I was unable to do so. (I’ve posted the dream in the “the stuff dreams are made of…” section under the topic “interpretation needed”. As you can tell I need help interpreting this dream also).

Has anyone come across this feeling? Or does anyone know what it is? It kind of freaked me out.

sounds a little bit weird, never experienced it before myself. has it ever happened before to you?

Those are all warning signs of a stroke (not meaning to scare you). It could be that your dreams are simulating the experience for some reason, like when you dream about losing teeth.

I don’t know how old you are or what condition you’re in, but if you’re “at risk” you might want to see a doctor. Or if you have free health care, go see a doctor :smile: . If it happens while you’re awake, call 911 right away.

Warning signs of a stroke can go away, so if you’re worried about it, you should see a doctor, just in case. Better safe than sorry, right? And most of us are overdo for a check up anyway.

I’ve had feeling in my normal dreams before. I have experinced pain, weakness, and tiredness. Most of these occured in a dream that involved sticking my head out of a moving train as the train went into a tunnel. :rofl:

“Crown Chakra: When fully active it feels like a thousand soft, warm fingers gently massaging the inside of the top of your head, above the hairline, and extending down in the centre of the forehead, to include the brow chakra, which is part of it. This sensation is the reason the Buddhists call it “The Thousand Petalled Lotus”. Note: You may feel a stronger sensation in some chakras and little or none in others.”
spiritweb.com/Spirit/project … nergy-Work

Maybe it was your chakras buzzing rather than warning of incoming stroke. Dunlar don’t be such a meanie and scare people so that they think they are going to have stroke soon! :happy:

This is the first time this has ever happened to me before.

Btw, I’m 19 and I’m very fit and healthy - I think so anyway. I’m at the gym often so I don’t see how that could possibly be a heart condition.

Thanx for the chakra site. It is interesting but I must admit I’m a little skeptical of it. The decription given there “like a thousand soft, warm fingers gently massaging the inside of the top of your head” isn’t really the feeling I’m talking about. My feeling was more dizzy and certainly did not feel like a massage. But thanx, I’ll take the point of view into consideration though.

Cloudsurfer–I think I experienced something like that when I was a kid (not that I’m all that old–I’m 25 now) It was a sort of uncomfortable tingling feeling, but sort of paralyzing and helpless at the same time…it usually came just before or after I would have this recurring nightmare of this little dwarf-wizard guy…long story. :wink: You said it was a NON-LD dream? Maybe your mind was just trying to distract you from something else that was going on… I probably would not go for the seizure explanation, unless it happens while you are awake! I have had dreams where I “felt” pregnant, my teeth were crumbling and falling out (as dunlar mentioned), or I “felt” myself being shot by an arrow or a gun. I think we can feel just about anything, although we may not know why we are feeling it at the time!

Anima- i don’t know if you’re male/female, but i am male and in a dream i had i was pregnant. It is strange.

Anima - you mentioned you had a dream a while ago with this same feeling. This happened to me (if you havent read the full dream in the other section i posted it to) whenever I was near this invisible guy that was in my dream. You’re probably right that my mind was trying to distract me or it could have been just what my subconscious thought was a natural reaction to being able to sense this invisible guy. It’s definitely THE strangest feeling I’ve ever had in a dream.

I’ had all the knives an axes in my head but I can’t say I’ve ever been or felt pregnant in a dream. I’m male so I’m guessing it would partly be like having a beer gut!

It sounds like sleep paralysis effects to me. I’ve experienced similar sensations - sometimes it can be mild like the numbness or pins and needles you described, at other times it can be quite severe, like an electric current through your head.
You can experience sleep paralysis effects while you already in a dream, though it’s more common to get these sensations just before you start dreaming.

Nickspry, this user “CloudSurfer” hasnt been active on the forum since Tue Aug 20, 2002. So I dont think reactivating this threat has much use…