dream of becoming lucid without really being lucid?

Well, I’ve got a problem:

I’m not sure whether I had a lucid dream this night or I just dreamt that I had a LD. My dream recall was pretty good but I can’t remember every detail of the dream in which I probably was lucid. The only things I know are that I tried the spinning-method twice to stabilize the dream world and that I had the thought “this is a dream and I’m lucid”. I also remember a bit of the story and the setting. And I would swear that I was conscious for at least a little part of the dream. But now I’ve got two questions:

1. Is it possible that I just forgot some parts of this dream, if I were lucid? Maybe this is the reason why this lucid dreams seems to be an ordinary dream of becoming lucid. I should mention that I remembered 99% percent of my other lucid dreams. But on the other hand I can’t imagine, that you can forget lucid dreams as they are rare and beautiful for me.

2. Another reason could be that I became lucid and just lost lucidity because it wasn’t as cool as the other lucid dreams. Maybe I lost interest in staying lucid because the story was too boring. But did anything like this ever happen to you? Did one of you ever doubt about his/her lucidity?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

I’ve forgotten lucid dreams, only to remember 'em later on in the day, and there are probably a few that escape me entirely. It usually happens if I go back to sleep after the lucid dream, or if I lose lucidity and fade back into the dream. The ones I remember best are the ones in which I actively try to remember the dream as I’m dreaming.