Lucid Crossroads at last!

I wonder why almost everyone (actually I think it is everyone) has corrupted Crossroads dreams, Crossroads partially finished, receptionists missing etc etc?

Do you think its cause people desire it so much, or strive for it and for some reason the mind fouls up this reality when you find it?

I think it could just be the ways that our differnt minds are interperating it. Maybe like how your house will slightly look different in some dreams maybe there’s just no way of avoiding the point of view factor.

Are you referring to the astral planes? (let’s assume the astral realm exists without doubt) If the pictures of the Lucid Crossroads really do become imprinted in the astral realm, we would technically have to know how to become astral explorers and separate LD from astral projections, so to speak…and that makes it sound kind of hard to actually find the Lucid Crossroads and actually meet people. Or is the astral realm the same place we visit every night, except our imagination alters the way we perceive it?

Even if the astral planes don’t exist (not to say I hold this opinion) I still think the Lucid Crossroads can have success by other means of communication. Besides, this is a perfect testing ground for exactly that.

I also think you should add some body of water, unless you haven’t already. People can probably find this place better by taking flight towards any ocean, fly over it, and then eventually come upon this place, as traumgänger has done. I often have dreams involving oceans and water, and I can imagine this as being the simplest path towards finding the Lucid Crossroads.

Well you’ve certainly created something amazing, Pantalimon. Nice work. Keep the place clean because the dream team will be attempting regular visits. :angel_fly:

No I was just meaning what aydira said

Which I always thought would happen I just don’t know why its always looking like its a bit run down?

If astral relms do exist I would dought that the Crossroads will form in them for quite a while, and many more people would have to be thinking about them to make them “astrally real”. Remember that people who claim to have AP’s say that most things are not as they are in the real world (your room, objects etc as they haven’t existed in there for long).

I really would like to update the Crossroads and make changes like the body of water, surrounding far off hills and mountains and a city in the distance as well as many other changes including the improvement in quality (realism) of the views. I just haven’t had the time though sorry!

See my post to the fighting thread in this dream Diary forum for the details on the Lucid Dojo that I also want to do.

Hope all your dreams are lucid and that some of them end up in the Crossroads

Pantalimon :tongue:

One more thing I have added to my “what to do when lucid list”

Why didnt you ask scotty to beam you down to the lucid cross roads?
didnt you try falling to the crossroads once before too (somehow remember you saying so, or was it someone else?)

I like the astral theory, pantalimon…

I’ve noticed the stories of the crossroads, getting closer and closer to what you’ve been depicting each time… It is as though each dreamers mind is shaping what ends up there…

In time, I believe it will form a strong identity on the astral plane.

I’ve been meaning to try and reach the crossroads for some time now, and it’s been at the top of my dream time to do list. I almost got there last night, what I saw were two very interesting idea about the crossroads :smile:

I had a familiar dream of being chased, an FA where I knew I was dreaming, then the LD. I kind of recalled the before dreams, so decided to test if I was dreaming now. I stick my hand through my other hand, even though a dc there tells me I can’t do that. So I recruit some DCs who want to leave, and I try and think of a place to go, as well as a method. I decide I will use a computer nearby to show an image of where we will go, so the others can jump through the screen with me. I just intend to pull up any other place, and see a midevil style version of the lucid crossroads! Someone asks me where it is, and I say it’s the crossroads…the lucid crossroads. It looked like a midevil version of the crossroads, and I was certain that it was definately the crossroads. I’m a bit surprised by it’s appearance, but we all jump through the screen anyway. For some reason we still are in the classroom. I decide to call a guide to get there, and out of nowhere appears Jack O’neil from the Stargate series. He tells us to just go through the door (that appears behind us) and I will know which way to go. It really made sense, as long as you know where you are going in a dream it doesn’t matter what way you go, you’ll end up there. So we walk down a street, and the next turn will lead us to the lucid crossroads, I tell the DCs with me. I start to feel my dream break up; everything becomes a bit distant, and so I rub my hands and start spinning. This not only brings my dream back full swing, it makes be a bit more lucid. I’m pepped, and the DCs think me odd to be so ready to go. I run on down to the crossroads, and some of them decide not to go, either way none of them catch up to me. I know the crossroads are only a few feet ahead, but there is a lucid crossroad souvenir vender right there :eh: I look and see that all this lady has to sell are heart shaped pendent necklaces, similiar to the heart shaped glass beads I have. I ask what they are for and she tells me they take you to the crossroads, but they are powered by reciepts from her shop. I ask her if I can have a magic reciept put into mine so that whatever purchases I make in the dream world show up on it, and she agrees to it. I notice a small fluffy white cat, which she takes a necklace from and gives it to me, putting a folded reciept inside it. After getting it my dream ends, and I do my normal stuff to check if I really woke up.

So, do the crossroads really have to look the same…or just have the same elements? From the picture I saw there was a shop with some sort of lucid related painting on the front where the ‘are you dreaming’ sign is, two shopkeepers out front, and several doors standing out in the middle of nowhere around it. I guess this is one way to interpret the crossroads in a past time? I wonder how it would look in the future?

The second thing I found interesting was the whole idea of the necklace being powered by things done in the dreamworld. Perhaps the badge thing we are suposed to find at the crossroads can have something like that for lucid dreams…like increased power for each LD so that it would be easier to get there with experience. :confused: Well, anyway, the crossroads certainly have a lot of possiblilites

The Crossroads is now 6months old! The behind the scenes counter says the site has been accessed over 14000 times in that time, I’m not sure how many people that translates into viewing the site but I imagine its mounting up.

I see it taking about 3 years to accumulate enough dreamers who give the Crossroads some thought in dream time before we find some people who actually do meet there. In that time I intend to revamp the Crossroads as a place, improve the realism of the views, add mountains and sea etc etc.

I’ll use your lucid on the site if you don’t mind Greyfyre

For all those that do find the Crossroads try to write in the logbook or on the paper on the tables. I’m going to have a large chalk board in the new Crossroads and when a dreamer leaves his name on it or a message I will update the websites view of the board to include that dreamers message.

I don’t mind at all.

:content: with the great work you’ve done on the present crossroads, I’m sure the revamping can’t go wrong. good luck with it

Hehehe, sounds fun. I will add it as my second thing to do when I become LD. I really want to be successful with Jeff’s transporting technique before I do anything else. When I become successful with Jeff’s technique, I will try and approach this lucid crossroads. Sounds very exciting! :happy: Can’t wait to try it out!

After 9 months of the Lucid Crossroads being up I’m considering its 3rd major overhawl and would appreciate advice on what I’m about to do.

mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossroads/news.htm This is where a full description of the changes such as targeted dream doors and a whole landscape around the Crossroads etc is detailed. The page has colour maps of the project and also goes onto talk about the Lucid Dojo as that will be the first thing that gets created.

Also help wise I’m sure any of you that have done any websites will appreciate the work involved. I could do with the lifting of that burden. Would anyone be prepared to go through the link page and write one line about each site in a constructive manner. E.g not “this site is rubbish don’t visit here” but picking out a positive part of the site to help people using the links page.

I will of course credit you for doing this and you may add your own site or favoriate link to the page.

Anyway thaks all for visiting over the past 9 months, I’ve just tuned up the site to opperate better in websearchs so far more hits are happening. The redesign will include far more pages, images and text of a far higher quality than before and hopefully its popularity that seems to grow each month will continue.

So far no meetings by dreamers there but we need far more eyes on pages to accomplish that so I’m still sticking to my 3 years time forcast. :content:

Pantalimon

I’ve been looking at your new Crossroads, and I don’t like it. I haven’t been there yet, but I might be using the place in future dreams. The problem is that I think the Crossroads is getting too complicated. People was reporting errors with the original Crossroads all the time, so I don’t think it will get better with the update. And I think you should stick to the original intention to make the Crossroads a Crossroad in a lucid dream, and not make it into a whole “dream centre”. After all, it has to be in our memory for us to use it in our dreams, and I am not keen on having to learn a whole fantasy landscape by heart just to use the Crossroads as a LDing aid.
Hope I am not too hard now, I think you are doing a great job :grin: , it’s just that I think you’re taking it a bit too far now :bored: .

I don’t really understand your problem JustAnotherAJ? :neutral:
The Crossroads “was” intended to be the hub of the lucid dreams and a place that all lucid dreamers could mutually visualise it was not mearly a “Crossroad in a lucid dream.”

You do not “have to learn a whole fantasy landscape” to visit it, when the Crossroads are redone there will be far far more views and movies etc of the Crossroads and its surroundings. This is intended to make the place a much more real and rich experience so it lodges in the mind, its not a maths test you do not need to revise for it.

As for the alterations in the Crossroads its only to be expected, many dreamers have waking reality altered in dreams. For example you may dream of your fmaily but they might look different but inside you know its them and except that in your dream. The most recent visitor to the Crossroads said it looked as it was suppose to and he met the receptionists but his vision was blurred which was probebly due to the water in his eyes from emerging from the center pool.

I hope you do get there JustAnotherAJ but I don’t think its neccecary to cram your mind with the views just look at them from every once in a while. I’m sure it will be better in the “New Crossroads”

Pantalimon

I have questions about this. This whole thing is confusing me. Is the lucid crossroad supposed to be a place where dreamers share a dream at? If I become lucid in a dream, and I go to the lucid crossroads, everything in the lucid crossroads will be from my memory, and everything that happens will be from my mind and experiance. Shared dreaming has always interested me, but ive never seen any real convincing evidence that it can be controlled.
Pantalimon, what proof do you have so far that your crossroads can be used as a meeting point?

It is a nice idea. but there is no proof, its just a ‘pipe dream’ q-:

I never imagined the Crossroads as a place to meet other dreamers - that just doesn’t fit with my beliefs on the matter. Instead, my goal is to get there by myself and try to experience the place exactly as pictured in those 3D images I saw a while back. I’ve been there a few times, and I’ve found that it can be a great way to enhance your ability to change the dreamscape from whereever you find yourself upon gaining lucidity.

I still don’t have a frequent dreamscape, but that would be the exact same thing, really.

I have absolutely no proof VisionDreamz, not a proof that is scientifically proveable as science requires an experiment to be repeatable and as we all know LD’s are very hard to reapeat on order and shared dreams…

I’ve been into parapsycology since I was a kid and I forced myself to take physics with fine art in higher education so I can get stuck into difficult science without getting totally lost. The Lucid Crossroads is based on observations of experiences by LDers and APers on the web and psi research.

Because the westen world only reguards science as the correct way of viewing the universe I’ve tried to push the mechanism behind the crossroads twords science and away from astral realms to the middle ground of psi (extra senses).

This only requires that enogh peoples minds become stimulated enough by a place/subject that they would without knowing flick the switch that could tap into psi. The state of altered conciousness known as lucid dreaming has been used throughout history for magic. Many peoples round the world enter that state in many different ways (think shamans etc) but its all the same thing, on this forum we mainly get there by refining our dreaming lives. Parapsycologists use the ganzfeild (something like that sorry not with my books at mo) method which is a type of sensory deprevation. In this state hightened telepathy and other psi phemonenon increase.

What I think is most likely if two people do meet at the Crossroads is their minds are using the images of the Crossroads which are turned into a lucid dreamas a mere visual prop. The mind can then say “ok I can belive this is happening”. Where as whats really happening is the mind has connected to another via telepathy. Maybe natural telepaths could do this without the elaborate mind created setting of the Crossroads but when you read about psi gifted people you’ll always find that information is given to them in a highly visual and metothorical (sp) way. E.g someone wanting information my go to a giant hall of records where in reality he is reading the mind of another who has that info.

The Crossroads experiment requires that many many dreamers try to reach the Crossroads whilst asleep as possible. I’m hopeing that before the Crossroads is three years old it might get a positive result but that all depends on “alot” of people visiting the place and there are only so many regular LDers. Hopefully when I redesign the whole site to include more to do and make the visuals far better and include more LDing/APing resources on the site it will become more popular and get known by more dreamers round the web.

feeeew did I just write all that rubish? :wink:

You’ve been to the Crossroads Atheist? :eh: I’d really like your accounts of the any experinces there for the website if your willing?

I managed to get there twice. Both times were unexpected, so I didn’t exactly arrange to meet anyone there beforehand. If you still want to hear about how I got there, and what I saw, I’ll write it up when I get some time during the day.

It’s worth noting that the first time was directly after looking at the pictures on your website.

yeh atheist post away… :smile: i’d liek to hear your stories oto…