Thank goodness for Dream Recall

This morning I woke up around 7am. The night before I had eaten turkey trying to see if it would affect my dreams how lib stated earlier. It did make me drowsy but no ld. Anyway as I woke up I could not remember what I was dreaming for the life of me. So I layed in the position I woke up in, and lay there for a bit. Slowly, my dreams came back to me. I started by remembering one thing, then worked my way back to make a story out of it. It’s good I remembered because I had a particularly good dream about a certain girl :}
Thx for this forum and website. It has helped me a lot.[/url]

Would you like to have some tips to remember your dreams? If you do, here are some:

1. Before going to bed, keep a clear mind. Tell yourself that “I will remember my dream when I wake up”. This is actually a proven and effective way to help dream recall. Having too many thoughts on your mind can distract you from remembering your dream in the morning.

2. Have a regular bedtime and wake up time. Make this your routine. Going to bed and waking up at a regular time every day aids in dream recollection.

3. Avoid alcohol consumption and taking medication before going to bed. These things may hinder you from remembering your dream.

4. Keep a pencil/notebook or tape recorder next to your bed so that it will be within reach as soon as you wake up. You want to make recording your dreams as easy a task as possible. Having a small lamp by your bedside is also a good idea should you wake up in the middle of the night and want to record your dream immediately.

5. Upon waking from a dream, lie in bed for awhile keeping your eyes closed. Wake up slowly and stay relaxed. Hold on to the feelings you have and let your mind wander to the images of what you have just dreamt. Were you frustrated, terrified, or happy?

6. Record your dream immediately. Make it a habit that this is the first thing you do. Talking about your dreams to friends or participating in forums and chats also help you remember.

Good luck!

A thing to mention:
good sleep always tends to improve dream recall

what I mean with good sleep is:

1. Going to sleep when you are tired
  2. Sleeping for atleast 7-8 hours
  3. Having done this in about a week

this will eventually make your LD’s come more frequently

happy dreaming :happy:

I do not aree on the suggestion “avoid alcohol”. I would say, avoid too much alcohol, but a moderate amount works very very very (etc) good on my dreams and dream recall. I get the most bizarre and vivid weird dreams on alcohol and i even get some LD’s this way.