Questions I have always wanted to ask

HI all!

I’m new here, but not new to lucid dreaming. I have only had a few brief encounters with this AMAZING phenomenom but want to learn more. I have a few questions however, which I would be grateful if they could be answered.

1.Firstly does anyone else have random dreams? My dreams have no real storyline to them but quick little events.

1. If what we expect happens in normal dreams, then how can you be surprised? Is it an element of doubt in the back of your mind?

2. Does anyone pass R.C. in dreams? I did! Is this because I don’t do them properly normally? Also, even though R.C. are part of my life, they hardly ever come up in my dreams!

3. I don’t have any dream signs! Nothing, after 2 months of dream recording is repetitive. Does anyone else have this?

4. Why when. WILD is being done. do you have to already have slept?

5. Does anyone remember dreams after you read something which happened in your dream, eg. you read “cat” and suddenly your dream about a cat comes back to you? Another time, I was reading a lucid dreaming book and i read the word “paralysis” and then memories about me being paralysed came back to me. I couldn’t believe I didn’t remember!

Thank you for your time, I hope you don’t see me as just a question asker! If you could label what you are answering, that would be GREAT! Thank you so much, take care all.

Adam

1. Yes I do have random dream with no story lines…I could be wrong and be forgeting the story line of my dreams…but Ive been keeping a dream dairy for about 17 days (not long) and have not found too many that made any sense.

2. I dont think because if you doubt it chance are it wont happen. I think its the fact that your doing something that youve never done before.like flying…we’ve all wanted to fly…and when we do in our dreams we get wrapped up in it.

3. dont know what R.C. stands for.

4. I have’nt found mine…or maybe i just dont see it…most of my dreams are realistic and have no difference between a dream and real life.

5. I think it’s because it easier to fall asleep and you mind is in the mood to dream instead of being fuly awake and trying to fall asleep for the first time…but Ive never tried WILD’s…so Im not to sure.

6 Always…most of my dreams that I rtemember are triggered after 30 min of waking up…example; Once I dreamed of twister’s and didnt remember till i saw on the new about a bunch of tornadoes hitting somewhere.

Hope this will help…anbody with more experience want to help out?

1.yep its quite common:)
2.there no sure element in our dreams-therefore whatever we might suspect doesnt have to be/happen.
3.Many does.RC`s are good at the beginning
4.try to see different pattern.Sign doesnt have to be a material thing-it can be emotion,surroundings,activity-somethings are repetitive for sure
5.Wild is done after 5-6 hrs of sleeping.Because the purpose of it is let you conciously enter the dream-you need to shoot yourself in REM then.Its useless done on the evening as first Rem period comes after 90 minutes.But will work if you deprive yourself of sleep for a day or two…brain tends to have rem first then.
6.Hehe yeah also common thing…but really freaky is when you dream about something you are sure you dont remember-i.e a schoolmate from some other class u have never spoke to or have nothing to do:)And then suddenly he pops up in your head…weird:)
Welcome to the forum,hope it helps…also see chat sometimes:)

Hey there.

1.) It happens alot.
2). Im far too tired to even attempt giving an answer to that question - its a little hard on my brain 4 now.
3) I was going to do the reality check where u read something twice, and if it reads different then woohoo ur dreaming, last nite in a dream i was having, but in my dream, my dream me couldn’t be bothered.(Damn it dream me!)
4) This is going to sound a little uncomfortable to think about, but it can often work - it works for me. Just before you fall asleep, when ur all tucked up in bed, think about terrible things that won’t happen - as disgusting as it sounds, think of plane crashes, and nuclear wars. Now whenever you see anything like that which is unlikely to happen, you’ll realise" oh my goodness, it’s like a dream… wait a second…it is a dream. Thats kinda how I had my first lucid dream.
5)What Jack said.
6) Sooo often.

There we go :smile:
And YOU take care too, Adam :razz:

1 yes i have random dreams, but they are inspired by my surroundings

2 yes, you can be surprised by your subconscious mind

3 i don’t do rc’s anymore, i use different techs

4 the only dream sign that i have got is being at school

5 you have already got an answer

6 yes i do remember things after i read them, but also after i see an object. eg once i had a dream with a camera in it and when i saw the camera in real life i remembered the dream- it might depend on what type of learner you are -auditory, visual, physical if you know what type you are and you know some dreamsigns then you could read/see/touch them in real life.

Yes. There can be many different types of dreams, they can be long or short; clear or fuzzy; realistic or surrealistic; lucid or non-lucid etc.

Yes, when I realise that the things that happens in dreams, doesn’t happen in real life.

No, I have never passed reality checks in dreams. If RCs doesn’t seem to help, you could try another technique for inducing LDs.

I don’t use dream sign. In stead I use the fact that I often think “It’s strange…” when something irregular happens in my dreams, so I do a RC every time I pay attention to something that I think is not normal.

WILD is much easier when you have slept for a few hours.

Yes, it has happend to me, too… :confused:

Unforgiven_Killer states:

Check out the dictionary. It is in this forum, Quest for lucidity, posted as a “sticky” at the top. If something is missing please add it, or request for it to be added. :smile: BTW, RC stands for Reality Check. :wink:

Hi Alex!

1. I have all kinds of dreams but nightmares. Usually if my dream is turning bad I always tell myself “This has to be a dream” and I turn lucid and the dream turns more “positive.” but my “normal” dreams do seem random.

2. I’m not sure I understand this question.

3. Find a better RC.

4. I find that hard to believe. I’m sure there is something that repeats itself in your dreams that you havn’t found yet. Keep searching and improve your dream recall.

5. Not when I WILD. the WBTB method requires this. But to have a “Wake-Initiated” dream doesn’t require you to have slept before. It is only recommended.

6. YES!! I’ve forgotten and remembered LDs this way. It could be a word I hear, a place I see, or a person I talk to. Anything could re-ignite that memory of a dream forgotten.

Takep-care! :smile:

Well, what does BTW stand for then :neutral:

DA, BTW = By The Way :wink: