Violence

ahhahahha, thats pretty much all i do in my dreams. But i’m pretty f*cked in the head in real life so that probably explains it. In my lucid dreams I do things like that on purpose, but in my normal dreams I’m always fighting for some reason.

I strangled a collegue oif mine two days ago (in a dream :wink: )…

But I was not lucid

acting violent in my ld’s was one of my pre-ordained experiments. theres nothing wrong with it. its a fun way of venting anger and is no more harmful than punching a punching bag when mad.

This question really made me stop and think…

Yes, I have committed acts of violence in lucid dreams and was fully aware that I was doing them. I have punched, kicked, been sexually “aggressive” (can a woman rape a man… well, there’s a whole other topic!) :smile:

Come to think about it… in the few violent NON-lucid dreams that I can remember… I was always the victim, never the perpetrator (maybe that’s why I feel strong or powerful when I commit violent acts in a lucid dream).

As for feeling guilty upon waking… I don’t. I know that what was done in my lucid dream was not something that I would ever do in my waking life.

Clairity

In the dream that became my first LD there were lots of people in my house, and many of them weren’t invited so when I got lucid (only dimly and there wasn’t the strong feeling of exitement which usually wakes me up) I beat up a boy who seemed a few years younger than me because he was doing something whcih was annoying me. I can’t remember what he did to provoke me but he did it in my house and my lucidity was only good enough that I knew my actions had no consequences.

So I hit him repeatedly and was pusing him out of the window (ground floor :wink: ) when I started to feel bad about it. Then his friends told me to leave him alone, and that someone in his family had recently died. I felt really bad then, so I had lost lucidity, and the dream changed.

I’ve never been in a fight in real life.

In a non-lucid dream, i’ve once did acts of violence that made me feel guilty the rest of the day… I tried saying to myself “it was only a dream”, but i still had the guilty feeling.

I had not killed anyone in a dream, until a week or so ago. In this dream, I was being chased down a train by a guy with a knife. He managed to stab me in the knee :frowning: (it really hurt), but then the dream became semi-controlled and I shot him. Although it was not an ld at this stage, I deliberately ‘turned down’ the amount of pain which I was feeling in my knee at this point and was deciding my fate when I woke up. :meh:

Like Clairity, I am usually the victim in my dreams; but I have never done any violent acts for the sake of it.

well have not had any lucid dreams yet. just two. In RD’s I have been shot and stabbed. The stabbing is not pleasent and is very painful. I have shot many people. And have been in many UT CTF (unreal tournament capture the flag) dream enviornments where there is alot of combat going on around me.
but if I did go lucid and there was someone there I didnt like im sure sonner or later I would try something. like killing them, I guess.

It seems that everyone does it in one form or another while dreaming.

i too am usally the victim in my dreams i usally die by being shot many time over (how the heck a gun could hold that many bullets is beyond me) but since ive started atempting lding my dreams have been happier. once in my secong ld (low lucidty) i tranformed my self in to vegeta from dragon ball z (very strong person) and shot a energy blast at this city but before i saw the effects i woke up :confused: but i gussed what would hav happened and didnt feel guilty even though i hate hurting people

I have never really had a fight in real life and i haven’t in dreams either (lucid or non-lucid)
But in my last two non-lucid dreams the theme was stealing things.
I stole something in the first one and my fried stole domething in the second, even though i could have as well.

Well, as I used Calea Z. once I had a very VIVID dream in which I was fighting in school ( well, I don’t know how much you know about the massakre of an 19-year old guy at school in Germany which happened a few weeks ago. His hobby was playing CS. [May the victims rest in peace, btw] ) Well I was doing every kind of fighting I know, for example Kung-Fu (I never did that IRL), some Ninja-like activities and normal shooting weapon stuff. This dream was very cruel and I normally don’t hurt anybody. All in one this dream was a mix of some movies (The Mummy, The Matrix, Tomb Raider) and things in Real-Life like the massaker. The only good thing about this dream was, that it was VERY, very vivid. But the killing part always makes me sad while thinking of this dream :frowning:

Once I had this dream (non lucid) where i was a Tank force commander and I was attacking a large city. It was cool because i must of had over 50 tanks…yet i could both see and control them (like an RTS). In the end i ordered the city to be nuked and a large missile flew down from the sky and wiped the city away…pretty cool.

No… I’ve never killed in my lucid dreams… It seems to real to me and just wrong. :meh:

Hi
In my non-LDs i am sometimes violent (not that often,but from time to time…).
Never thought of being violent in a LD,i have better things to do when i am lucid :smile:
If somebody would try to attack me in a LD i would perhaps strike back.But not in a simple fist-fight,i’d throw energy balls at him that make him freeze or something… :devil:

Traumgänger

Last night’s dreams were very violent again. I must have killed 4-5 people with knives and I was stabbed several times, and it HURT. After I became lucid I got into two fights and used excess violence.

slaps self

Last night in a LD I hit my computer teacher in the head with a concrete column. She was at my house, which really pissed me off.

EDIT: Woohoo! 50th post! :devil:

I have had one scifidream where i was a captain of somekind of scifi-troops. There was some war going on and i had to shoot and kill about 10 persons. It didnt felt so bad, coz the dream was very videogamelike. And after all, there was a war going on - kill or get killed. Well… irl i couldnt kill anyone, not even in a war.

But then theres another dream, a lucid one. Actually my first real lucid dream where i was sitting on a bus and i heard annoying voice from somewhere in the back of the bus. The voice was insulting me so i tought “this is my dream and theres noone here who can insult me”. So i picked up a gun from my pocket, turned around and shot. The voice who insulted me belonged to a little boy who was forced to insult me. He didnt want to do it, he just had to do it.

And i felt so guilty after waking up. Why had i done such thing? I wouldnt do anything like that in real life. Even now i feel guilty when i think about it.

I have read that the actions you do in real lifes, will have consequences in your dreams, and the other way. So I am sceptical to commiting acts of violence in dreams, because I want to be a good person in waking life, and I fear that these actions can have bad influence at the waking-life me. :no:

Once when i was in a lucid dream i decided to try out some magic. so i found the closest person (someone i don’t remember seeing before in real life) and i focused on making his head explode. it did work and i felt kinda bad about it in the dream but upon waking up it didn’t bother me too much. plus i got to use magic for the first time in a lucid dream. :content:

I hold the exact same opinion as LucidityX1000, and besides there’s better things to try than acts of evil.

In a recent LD I was annoying a man going about his business walking down the street, getting in his way, and then I felt sorry because I thought of myself as invisible and I could have really freaked him out.

Have some pity for your dream characters! Maybe next time you ask them for the meaning of life, you might just get knifed.