whats ur worst childhood nightmare

@venom you mean the batleth?
members.aol.com/jandjchen4/pak3l.jpg

I found myself completely alone on a beachn front next to a single car, watching the waves toss around wildly. I walked closer to the edge of the water and as I did, a wave I swear over 20+ MILES high rose up and started to come down on top of me. I could hear it wailing like a freight train, and right as it was about to crash into me, I sat straight up in bed sweating and panting.

Insane_goth, yup that would be the blade. I knew someone would know what I meant.

i forgot to put one in, this is a reocurring dream though thats happend randomly for at least 7 years.
The dream begins with me waking up in my bed then my hand is suddenly pulled to the floor by an invisible force. A buzzing sorta noise is the only sound aswell as the sound of me trying to struggle.

actully its more of a annoying dream than a scary dream

i had a nightmare a dreamt all of the time when i was younger…

i was driving in a little car and a friend of my was driving next to me in her own car. (it was in the night on a big freeway) and then a classmate to me came up behind us in a gigantic truck. And she was a vampire.
She ran over us and we became vampires as well.
And then I recall my mom walking on the streets, it’s still night and there’s fog and everything’s pretty mystical… I’m sitting on the roof on a house she’s passing and then I jump down and kill her and she’s becoming a vampire as well.

Heh, I believe I got this nightmare after watching a Scooby Doo-episode.

I’ll have to explain the backdrop to explain how this affected me. When i was younger, i really wanted to be a paleontologist and go on excavations to discover dinosaur bones. I really loved that stuff. I had been spending my summer and the Miami Museum of Science camps and i had dinosaur stuffed animals and models and the like. I was about 6 or 7. Then i saw Jurassic Park, at first i thought it was kewl b/c it was about dinosaurs, i was clearly mistaken. That night i had a nightmare…

I dreamt that i was night time and that i was in a playground with rocks on the ground instead of mulch. There were several sets of monkey-bars in the shapes of tree-houses. I stepped inside one of them. I looked out beyond the playgrond and saw a T-Rex destroying the city. There was a chainlink fence surrounding the playground. I was very scared. Other kids came into the place i was in and we started discussing how we were going to save the city, when suddenly the T-Rex came right for us, it had broken through the chain-link fence. All that i remember from then on was running away from the T-Rex and it being right on our heels like in one of the sequences in Jurassic Park. I was so scared. Then i woke up

i ran into my parents bedroom and slept with them for the rest of the night. After that nightmare, i completely lost my love of dinosaurs. So, that nightmare possibly changed my vocation in life. :content:

That’s a real shame. Rest assured though, rarely does a full-sized dinosaur actually come to life like that. :wink:

I was a little kid though, i wasn’t really sure of that. :tongue: My young impressionable mind didn’t know any better… :wiske:

Evil santa and good santa lol, the evil santa would stand in our living room until it was christmas then it would ‘activate’ and I would run around hideing from it… and I usually got it around christmas time also, recurred for 2 christmases lol.

~Wil

I had a radomly reacurring dream when i was younger (even had i again last year for the first time in maybe 2-3 years).

It’s very hard to describe but i’ll try… I starts out with me being in a place with no scenery just a long straight horizon. There are no colors and the only sound is the high pitched sound you hear when you turn on a tv or when you try to sleep somethimes.

Afterwards, I am sort of paralized…I’m caught in this…stuff…kind of like very thick marshmellow or something…or like drowning in a very thick liquid so your movements are very slow…I would wake up from this dream in sweats…it totally freaks me out.

And I recently realised I have clostrophobia (fear of small spaces) and the feeling I get when my fear kicks in is the same I get in the dreams so they probably are linked…I have no idea what could be the cause of my fear…maybe i get this nightmare when i get cought in the covers while sleeping…

I had several recurring nightmares during childhood. The scariest of them I had about 5 times when I was 8-10: I came home and in the garden I saw about 5 small blue basins with fish where several people were fishing. As I approached them I looked at the fish. They were piranhas and they grew bigger and bigger as I came closer. I started to run away, but I felt paralyzed and couldn’t move as fast as I wanted to. I started to fly but this also happened too slow to get away. I looked behind me and saw several flying piranhas with very sharp teeth coming closer and closer. I thought “since this is a dream, why can’t I fly higher or run faster???” I was REALLY scared at that moment. Then I woke up…
I had several other nightmares during that time in which my motions of running or flying away were slowed down. It was always as if someone was trying to prevent me from running or flying.
A few months ago I had one of these nightmares again. I tried to climb over a fence but again I was slowed down in my motions, while my attackers came closer and closer. Suddenly I thought “this can’t be right. I dreamed these things when I was a kid. I must be dreaming!!”
That was definitely a relief :wink:

This is my worst nightmare:

I was about 7, and I was continuously having several different nightmares that had nothing in common. Then one day, I had a nightmare where EVERYSINGLE one of the monsters/beings/etc. from my other nightmares came to kill me. I was locked in a cabin with a window, and i could only watch as all of them walked toward the cabin in a single file line. After a while, they began slamming on the door, so i jumped to it and tried to keep it closed. All of the evil beings started jamming their hands through the bottom of the door. they smashed the door open! I quickly jumped through the window and ran away. Next thing i know, i’m in a fiery temple in a bout against Spawn. After a few seconds, the temple explodes, flinging me back. The last thing i remember is seeing Spawn in the fiery distance, staring at me with he’s green fiery eyes.

it sure was spooky!

I can remember dreams involving hiding from things/creatures that were waiting outside windows, trying to get in. Usually upstairs windows, so I assume they had ladders or something. In these kinds of dreams, you cant ever run very fast, and no matter how you hid behind a wall, they would always know you were there. It doesnt sound scary, but it was part of the dream just to BE scared.

I remember something about a goblin with a ladder, and the weirdest thing is, my brother says he used to have the same dream!

My worst was when I was 6. I was stuck in a chest or coffin or something like that. Cockroaches were coming in from holes and slowly eating me alive. Small bites everywhere. Slowly, like stinging bites tearing me apart and crawling under my skin. They chewed through my cheeks and were going down my throat, I couldn’t breathe.
I woke up in the hospital. I had the dream when I had chicken pox, I ran a high fever and for some reason I don’t remember my throat was swelling shut. The dream seemed to be going along with the pain my body felt.

Most of my nightmares involved witches.And virutally all of my nightmares were lucid (or, when compared to the lucidity I experience nowadays, half-lucid).In many of them I managed to wake myself up.The problem was that I needed some time for the wake up technique, so I always tried to run away and hide.I just needed some seconds (10?) for it, but often I didn´t have that time.
In one I had to sneak past a house with some terrible thing living in it.I really considered shouting loud, so the thing would notice me and kill me (or whatever it wants), since I supposed that the dream would then finally end.Couldn´t bring myself to do it though, I was just too afraid.

The worst I remember:

I lie in a bed.A person is with me in the room, but I think it isn´t my mother.The room is dark, but through the door some light comes in.The women walks out the room, and closes the door behind her.As soon as the door is shut, some kind of monster (a giant) is jumping at me to kill me.As soon as the giant appears I wake up.
Ok, that doesn´t seem so terrible at first.
The bad thing about it was that I had this nightmare several times, and I was always half-lucid.That means that I knew from the beginning that the giant will appear as soon as the women is gone, so I always tried to tell her not to go, or to let the door open.Somehow I could never speak no matter how desperate I tried, I was lying there like paralysed, waiting for the giant to appear.

Traumgänger

I read through your dreams, and I must say, know I understand why you are asking for help on awakening Legionaire.I think that is by far the scariest one.

I just remembered another one, although it wasn´t a really worse one, it had a “nice” shocking effect:

I am at a swimmingpool with my brother.I start climbing in the water, but then decide against it and leave the pool.I ask my brother
“This is a dream, isn´t it?”
My brother assured me I wasn´t dreaming.
So I went into the water for a swim, but suddenly it started to swirl, like a tornado, and while I got sucked in I realized he didn´t tell the truth

I used to have this dream all the time when i was a kid, it was right after i moved. I had this dream i would be at my old apartment complex, walking right down the hall from where I live. Then out of no-where a big Tiger just jumps out and started to chase me. He chases me off the balcony and i used to always wake up like falling from the Balcony into my bed. Like really hard, hard enough to wake me up…this used to scare the living crap out of me.

I used to have a lot of nightmares about being kidnapped when I was a kid. In this one nightmare someone knocked at the door at night. When I went to answer the door. There was an invisible man there. He grabbed me and threw me over his shoulders. As he carried me off into the night I tried to scream but the sound wouldn’t come out.

the wierddest and scariest dream i ever had i was probably about 13 or so, i was hella small like and i was runin through some grass that was hella taller than me and there was a big ass neon orange & black spider chasing me, im mean this thing looked disgusting i could see the eyes looking at me & everthing it contiued to chase me till it caught with me and then i woke up it scared the carp out of me im still geting chills from writing this… wierd- peace out -=RoB=- :tongue:

i once had a dream where all mechanical devices, like tv:s, radios and computers started burning whenever you used them. It tried to put the fires out but it didn’t work. That was quite horrible… :blush: