My technique to become lucid

Hello everyone, this is my first post!

I got interested in lucid dreams when i was 17, I’m now 21 and have about 1 a week. I just thought I’d share this technique with you, i can’t remember where i got it from.

Nose Technique:
Hold your nose and then try to breathe in through it
This is impossible unless you are dreaming.

I seem to do this in most of my lucid dreams, i think it would be classed as a Reality Test. I find it very convincing, and often use it when i’m not quite sure if i’m in a dream and it increases my lucidity. It’s something you can do throughout the day and then end up doing in a dream. People will just think you are trying to stop yourself from sneezing! Unfortunately i cannot use the technique at the moment because i’ve got a cold and my nose is all blocked up!

Sweet Dreams
Belladonna xx

I think that technique could pass as a rc(reality cheack). I will try that in my next ld. :smile:

Hi belladonna thats always nice to invent your own rc tech…
and also your first posting hmmm…nice…

Hope many ppl try your rc tech!

Good dreams!

Jeff

I found another tecinque very easy to use. Try biting yourself in the toung. I don’t know about you but I just can’t be hurt in a dream nomather hwo hard I try. But the lightswitch test does not work, couse if it did I would be lucid tonight :grrr:

These are Reality Checks not techniques:)Although good ones:)

Yeah, I have done this quite alot before, I am like drownig underwater then suddenly I start breathing, I have no clue why but this does not even make me suggest in the slightest in the back of my mind that I a m dreamin.
:confused:
[/quote]

First post here, too, hope it helps.
I am kinda new to LDs, I got into it a couple of months ago, but I have found a way to make the WILD technique a lot easier.

OK, as most of you know, it helps to be tired, physically, not mentally.
Get some soft music, your favorite kind (whatever you prefer, as long as it sounds nothing like Nirvana :smile: )
Put on some headphones, play the music soft, not too soft, and not too loud, you will find your own volume.
Lay back, and go to slep in any position you want (sleeping sideways helps prevent sleep paralisis, but although sleeping fac-up increases the risk of this happening, so does it increase the chance of whatever your going for, LD, EP, or AP, hapening at all)
Note: It is important that you focus on the music, and not let your mind drift away
With time, you will start to feel your hands and feet going numb, and that numbness will begin to spread
Note: whatever uncomfortable feelings you get will go away with the numbness, so whatever you do DON"T MOVE
After you are numb for awhile, your body will start to buzz, and then you will hear nothing and feel nothing. At this point, you should do what is described in this site to go into whatever you want, be that a LD, AP, or EP

This is all I do, though I have always been awakened or drifted away right when the buzzing starts
HOPE IT WORKS FOR SOMEBODY :happy:

How do you know which position helps getting SP?Very interesting ive been trying to feel it for ages.

“After you are numb for awhile, your body will start to buzz”-damn i really wish:(
Every one of my Sps ended up in having ld/obe so i find it veryvaluable feeling.No luck tho in inducing it:(

SP occurs almost uniquely in people sleeping on their back, as the nerves in the back of the neck are disturbed, i think it also helps to have too many pillows. Also sleep deprivation, stress, recent alcohol/drug consumption are known to increase likelihood.

You can find a graph of the correlation between sleeping position and SP at :
https://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/prevent.html