Natural Lucid Dreamers

I’ve told a number of people about lucid dreaming. Two of my friends didn’t know what lucid dreaming was, but when I explained it to them they said they experience LDs all the time. Anyone out there a “natural” lucid dreamer? Myself and just about everyone else here has had to work hard at the ability to lucid dream. And it seems that natural lucid dreaming would be rare. ??? I’d like to hear from any naturals out there.

ok nope i ant a natural, but i have somthin to say bout ur friends.

Like you i told my friends and alot of them told me they could controll there dreams all the time. So i sused them out. Every one of us here can controll our dreams every night. We decide to go left or right, pick this up or jumpo here or ther ect. This i belive is what they think is lucid dreaming and that is why most of em are not so exicted about ldin. I am not saying that there arnt any natural lders out there ( and i am very very jelious of ya) but most ppl who say they ld all the time in fact do not from the experince i have found. Now what i have said has only been from a small group of ppl so dont belive me if ya dont want to. Ask round 4 ya self.

Cheers

Richard :tongue:

richard is right, not many people understand what it actually means to be lucid. they’ll remember a few things in their dream, and most of the time just assume they knew what they were doing. it blows my mind when i think of how some people just don’t care about lucid dreaming. i think lucid dreaming has to be the coolest thing that you could do.

Yeah, but as well as that, I often have a very vague awareness that it’s a dream, but not do anything about it. The whole point of this stuff is to train you to do something about it, ie. flying, sex, etc.

As a child I had very vivid flying dreams that I could very much control but this is different from recognizing the act of dreaming while in it. I agree with the others in saying that people who first hear about lucidity may not have the best idea of what it really is.

I have to agree. I’m not convinced they know what lucid dreaming really is. For one, every LD I’ve had has included some sort of tingling sensation through my whole body which is impossible to NOT notice. None of my friends that claim they have lucid dreams had experienced the tingling and thought it was odd when I mentioned it. Anyone NOT experience some sort of sensation when LDing?

Perhaps they’re just pros and have been LDing for so long that they don’t notice. I’m not buying it. :wink:

Brick, I also remember having many vivid LDing type dreams as a child although it was so long ago I can’t be for sure that they were actually LDs.

Firstly, to address the topic, I am a natural lucid dreamer. I believe it is a result of very intense nightmares as a child. I was very afraid of going to sleep and consequently developed an ability to wake myself up, LD followed. As such, in my case, I have periods of lucid dreams, mixed with recolling a significant number of dreams in between.

Something I have to note at this point, even though I have been LD since small, this ability is not directly tied to controlling (forcing) the dreamscape. This, in my oppinion, depends on your skill in cheating yourself, hence avoiding the direct intervention of your subconsciousness, which usually turns sexual encounters into family re-unions.

Last I have to disagree with WaNnAbE, a vague awarness of dreaming as a result of lucidity can be very important, as it gives stability to the dreamworld, thus significantly prolonging the lucidity. One example of this might be the loss of awareness of reality, naturally accepting strange facts, eg. trying to prove to others its all a dream by forcing the telophone number 0505050505050 to change, without realising it is not a telephone number at all!!

Sleep tight
joccis

Since when I am concious about myself, I have that terrible (not anymore) sleep paralisys… Then, it was the worst thing I could think of, but… One day, I have read that I can change it into lucid dream. It was 8 years ago. Till nowdays, I have regularly LDs, every night, without exercise, without anything… looks like I just “activated” them from Paralisys 8 years ago…
bye
Cvele :wink:

I had a lucid dream without actually trying to. It was my first lucid dream. I posted a message about it 2 weeks ago. One person, I think it was one of the moderators, told me that I am a natural lucid dreamer.

Hmmm well a few things there, for 1 i hink u r fdamm lucky to get sp and get lucid off it. I am a very light sleeper and when i feel it i awake, and then i cant sleep for the whole night. Does any 1 else have this.

as for that? i have never felt that, but i feel the rest of the world as conected to myself? does that make sence.

thanx

Richard

The feeling of duality is quite normal I guess, usually provoked by you moving in the dream while your body actually is at rest. Try not to move too fast, or get too excited. Alternatively try spinning in your dream actually creating a feeling of dizziness which might break the connection with your body.

Cvele, go to Theory of Lucidity, there is a topic on SP to which you might find interest in answering, eg. of any connected chest pain, suffocation etc.

Best Wishes
joccis

Just like joccis I am also a natural lucid dreamer. My first lucid dreams were about realizizing I was dreaming, and then being panicked that I would not be able to wake up. I have always had very vivid dreams as far back as I can remember, and they seemed to stay with me longer then they did for the people around me. Just like Joccis, many times I was lucid, but not in control. I was aware I was dreaming, but didn’t really think about trying to control the dream, only to wake up. Now of course I realize what a waste this is, and that’s why I find this forum so interesting. Now I concentrate on trying to enjoy the dreams, and luckily I don’t have to force the lucidity. There are definetly natural lucid dreamers out there.

Ohhh…i envy you soooooo much Natural Lders!!!Id give my kidney away for that(or even.err.i dont know about this one:)I am not natural and gotta work on it and i work with all devotion i have Still i dont get very much of a success(in a way i see it,which is at least 2-3 lds a week).
Damn i wish i had your skills.
As to tingling- its not allways present.Sometimes it is ,sometimes not.
take care

When it’s 3:00 in the morning and my alarm goes off so I can try WILD, I hate naturals. :grrr: But when I get over that, I just envy them. :grin:

Pinkster :lmao:

i made the same experiance… they say… yeah… doin this very often…

…they can’t even imagine what they are missing…

but i have a OT question… whats that sexuality - family reunion stuff?
i’m livin in a german-speaking country so i have no idea, but i am afraid it is something strange :eh:

I think i’m a natural LDer aswell.
Its not like i’ve been doing it all my life, though. I started trying to LD about…hmm…1 month ago, and i’ve only had success in the last 2 weeks. I’ve had 5 LD’s where I realised i was dreaming, But nothing actually triggered lucidity (ie. nothing weird happened for me to think ‘that only happens in dreams’)
Hope to have another one tonight. :wink: