Help for novice re searching in dreams

Hi everybody!

I’m a novice, trying to conjure up my first lucid dream. I’m wondering if anyone can give me advice. My only dreamsign that seems to be pretty constant, is that I’m searching for something I cannot find. Now, in real life, I am always searching for trivial stuff (keys, wallet, ID, etc.). I have a bad habit of misplacing things.

Anyway, other than doing a tedious reality check every single time I’m looking for my car keys, etc., is there a way I can mentally distinguish between trivial, everyday searching for lost items, and the deeper, more urgent, half-understood dream-searching? Is there anyone else who searches for things, known or unknown, in their dreams?

I usually search for sex but i guess its not what you meant:):slight_smile:
Anyways…i think its an excellent dream sign which could be reality checked profiting in both-dream and reality.
When you look for stuff in real life its good to rewind your memory back to what have u been doing whole day so you can track when you put your keys i.e.
If you continue doing so you will create a habit which eventually will go into your dreams and let you know you might be dreaming as u have no idea what are you doing “here”.
For both-reality and dream its a good habit to have:)
take care

You should probably see a doctor about that, it sounds like quite an obsession… :eek:

Yeah, if you try and look back over how you got where you are, then you’ll generally figure out if you’re dreaming or not.