the big WILD topic part I

I do WILD at night, when I go to sleep at my normal time. No napping first.
It does take me a bit (15-30 minutes), so maybe REM is able to start by then, but I believe that the importance of REM sleep has been exaggerated a bit… And if you don’t have anything better to do when first going to bed, you might as well try it.

I agree. WILDs in the evening are very possible. I will try it tomorrow or tonight. When I have WILDs I don’t experience those vibrations and hypnagogic imagery everyone else does. I just simply lay down and concentrate on my buzz or whatever. Sometimes I don’t even concentrate on anything. I just lay down not even thinking about lucid dreaming or anything and just pop up in a dream. That happened on my last WILD. I have experienced hypnagogic imagery only twice I think. I had gotten up after 5-6 hours and then went back to bed after a little while. I think it was like 30 minutes or an hour. I was thinking about something and I was just suddenly at my computer desk seeing what I was thinking about on on a picture. I actually thought I was having a lucid dream but I could still feel my body in the position it was in my bed. When I tried to move it disappeared. After that I went back to sleep and it happened again. Don’t remember what the image was though but My body felt very funny. I think I was experiencing the vibrations. Then everything went black. I thought I was in a dream and tried to open my eyes. I opened my eyes in real life :eek:
I hadn’t gotten another chance that morning. So the image I saw at my computer desk that was a hypnagogic image right? I don’t have thoughs, so I’m really not sure what they really are. The only times I’ve gotten hypnagogic imagery and vibrations were the times I didn’t succeed.

firstly, the suneye method relies not on depriving yourself of sleep,
but rather getting adequate sleep (using napping), so that you
are mentally alert and physically relaxed. Secondly, WILD’s in the
morning are about 500 times easier. Forget 5-7 hours sleep.
Pick a saturday when you can sleep all morning. Im talking till
1pm here. Whenever you wake up from a dream (N.B!), and only
the later hours. (as a rule of thumb: there should be light outside),
don’t move a muscle! stay absolutely still, close your eyes, and
pretend you’re dead. Usually, (this worked first time with me),
hypnogogic imagery kicks in, in about 1-2 minutes. The later you can
sleep the better. REM sleep will be longer and more frequent, so you
are much more likely to wake during a dream.

The image you saw was not hypnagogic imagery (HI), but a hypnagogic hallucination (HH).
The difference is: HI happens with your eyes closed, HH after you opened them. HH is like a dream projection on reality.
I have HH approximately two times a week. It happens mostly after going to sleep. I wake up after 10-20 minutes of light sleep and open my eyes. That’s when I have HH. Mostly I see objects floating in the air. Sometimes persons or animals. The image always fades away, getting more and more transparent. It has never been longer than several seconds. I am always consious.

ok look, i was trying WILD right before i went to bed last night, and i almost got it i think but i couldnt get to sleep it was like i would get to the phase where i saw the flashes in my eyes but then it would just stop i stayed up from 12 to 3 trying but i just couldnt get the vibrations and then the LD state, i dosed off maybe once or twice but i realized this and immediatly started counting form 1 to 100 then back down, but this still didnt work, i really need some help with this i want to LD so badly, i did the WILD method once a few days ago, but i got frightened and came back to my body. please anyone i need help

You should’ve waited till you woke up kdwolf, not before you go to bed. It would be like a thousand times easier if you would’ve gone to sleep and then tried when you woke back up. Don’t be afraid of the feelings you get when trying to do WILDs. They are only natural. And don’t try to have WILDs before going to bed at night. People can do them but you can’t because you’re a beginner. Most people who are advanced lucid dreamers can’t have LDs at night. Just keep trying and remember to try in the morning :wink:
[/quote]

thanks for the help, but what if you you can’t fall asleep in the morning? for instance, i woke up around 8 this moring and got online and posted some in the forums, then i tried to go back to sleep but the same thing happened i got to the part where i saw the images like when you push on your eyes but then i couldnt get past that part, it was like i was stuck or something, what can i do about this???

Kdwolf, try it again. For me, the vibrations come during those doze-off periods when I’m only paying slight attention to what’s going on. Sort of when you’re right on the border of sleep and awake. Be calm when you realize that you’re drifting off, and stay in that in-between state.

Vibrations aren’t necessary, as sometimes I’ll just pop into a dream. They’re more like a big ol’ road sign saying that you’re getting close… Don’t fret over 'em too much.

If you can’t get anything after an hour, just quit and go to bed normally. You can always try again tomorrow. You might also want to try yawning. And, there’s something called the “first night effect”, which is when a subject in a sleep lab has trouble falling asleep with all of those wires hooked to his head. Usually only happens the first night, so that also might be why you had trouble falling asleep.

And you might find it easier to do in the morning. It probably depends a lot on the person.

This is an addendum to my earlier post about the buzzing/ringing in your ears. It helps to stretch my arms up around my head, and to grab my left shoulder with my right hand. This position places my biceps softly over my ears (not too tight or I’ll hear my own body), and that helps me tune into the ringing sound.

thanks for all this help, yea last night really was my first night to try and induce it so i will probly do better tonite, and my heartbeat is what annoys me alot, it keeps me awake so i try and play some music, enya usually, that helps, and also streching my arms above my head helps me too, one more question, what are some like really amazing things you guys have done in a lucid dream? id like to know some of the possibilities that lie ahead, thanks so much guys!!
kdwolf77

If you heart is so loud, why not concentrate on it as a part of WILD?

great idea i cant beleieve i didnt even think of that thanks for all this help

its not really my heart being so loud, its just that it beats very very rapidly when begin the WILD i guess its becuz im excited, how can i calm myself i tried breathing really hard but it doesnt help much

I woke up yesterday 28th at 4 pm. Now it’s 8 pm here. So I’ve been awoke for 28 hours. I’m wondering. Since I’ve been up so long will it be possible to have a WILD since I’ve been awoke so long. Someone told me that 24 hours awake is like waking up at 5 or 6 hours earlier. Is this true. I’d just like to know before I fall asleep. Also. Since I’ve been up for over 24 hours what can I do to see HH. I’d really like to see them like Hypnodude does. Speedy reply please. I don’t want to be asleep before I find out how to HH or if I can get a WILD tonight. Ive also passed my record :partying_face: I don’t even feel tired. I’d be very grateful if someone could respond before I fall asleep in a few hours.

i haven’t read the entire thread up to this point so this might seem off course.
i was sleeping one night and while im not 100% sure if this wild was in a dream or an actual wild, but i think i dreamt of having a WILD. I switched into another dream and i started as me under the effects of a WILD. as i was experiencing this i opened my eyes in a dream and moved to adjust the blinds in front of me which made me think “oh i moved, i screwed up the WILD”.
IF it was an actual WILD i think it occurred by me waking up inbetween dreams breifly and the wild occurred without my conscious intention.

Dunlar- sure it wont hurt if you try Wild before going to sleep if you have nothing else to do.But the thing is-chances of success are really weak,especially for ppl who dont get hypnagogics,who just black out on the evening.
Also-sure not only Rem is the time to dream,but it increases the chances horrendously.
And thats why we have other -Ilds ,some techs are better used on the evening,some on the morning
Its all about effectiveness.

Hey Jack. It might be easier for some people in the morning, but for me it’s easier at night. My concern is that people who are new to all this might only try it in the morning, because they’ve heard that it doesn’t work at night. They should at least try it both times to see which is easier for themselves.

I’m a very light sleeper, by the way, and it takes me up to a half hour to fall asleep normally. So maybe that’s where the difference lies… If I try WILD in the morning, I’m liable to keep myself awake for hours, and that’s no fun at all.

Wow! I had an amazing experience with WILD last night - my first proper WILD experience. I started concentrating on falling asleep, but I must have lost consciousness for some time. Then I heard some strange clicking noises and thought “What’s that?”. I realised that it had been some hypnogogic sounds.
I then felt tingling in the whole of my arms and started seeing a black dome form over my head - starting from the middle my forehead and growing rapidly. The dome was filled with sparkly lights. I felt myself lifting up into the dome, but then it was all over. Try as I might, I couldn’t get back :sad:

Is this what WILD is all about? How close was this to entering my dreams consciously? Any experienced WILDers out there? What do I need to do to ‘hang on’ to the experience? Any advice would be welcome :content:

The dome with the sparkly lights that was the dream you almost entered…
next time try to be empty or act as if u will fall a sleep…and act like you find the dome with the lights quite normal…relax…then u would have entered a dream…u activated to much your day time consciousness by being enthousiastic…and u woke up…
But still i find it impressive how u describe it…

Almost there so try again!

Grtz,
Jeff

BellaDonna,
for me the night or at midday is the best for wild…

Because there are daytime shiftings in our melatonin serum levels (melatonin is a hormone for biorhythm and sleep)and also at night i certainly think for a straight wild, some times will be better then on other times, to try it…but find out for yourself!

Jeff